About this listing
The Yurt is a 12 sided room situated on a hill surrounded by Australian rain forest. If nature is what you are craving then we have what you are looking for. You can hand feed the parrots & meet the resident possum all close to the beach - perfect!
Welcome to our cosy tree tops retreat. The Yurt is 12 sided room with kitchenette and ensuite. As you lay in the queen size bed all you see is rainforest out the 4 windows and raked timber ceiling above. Meet our resident Brush Tail Possum, the very cute Sugar Gliders and Ring Tail Possums, plus the roaming Echidnas and Swamp Wallabies that all make a home with the abundant bird life on our hill.
Located at the end of a very private, quiet cul de sac street, in the foothills of the Illawarra Escarpment, only 1 hour drive from Sydney Airport. To drive either take the M1 freeway south from Sydney then down Bulli Pass (Princes Highway) or take the scenic Grand Pacific Drive through the Royal National Park and stunning Sea Cliff Bridge on to Bulli. The room is only 5 minutes drive from Bulli Beach with the famous Sandon Point surf break or 2 minutes drive from the local music venue the Bulli Heritage Hotel.
The room has kitchenette with 4 burner gas hob, fridge, microwave oven, toaster, kettle and toasted sandwich maker. Plus cutlery,plates and an assortment of pots and pans. The ensuite has shower, basin and toilet plus the towels are provided. On the queen size bed there is linen, pillows, duvet and an extra blanket. For a family travelling with a child there is a fold out single bed with all linen and blankets provided. There is an oil heater, pedestal fan also a flat screen TV with inbuilt DVD player. Internet is with your own mobile wireless broadband, No Wi Fi provided. (Telstra and Optus networks are the providers that work best). Outside is a very large hand made timber dining table and gas Barbeque for you to use.
Sorry, I do not provide breakfast.
Parking on the street.
Smoking outside only please.
There are 40 steps up to the Yurt, so, please be aware if you have difficulty climbing stairs.
Some of the attractions in the region are -
- Gravillea Park
- Surfing at Sandon Point and many other surf spots
- Yoga ( in our street is a great yoga room with Rachel - Ray Of Light)
- Hiking in Royal National Park, Illawara Escarpment
- Esplanade Cycleway along the coast
- Lookouts - Sublime, Bulli, Mount Keira
- Horse riding at Darks Forest and Otford
- Seacliff Bridge
- Bulli Heritage Hotel and live music venue
- Anitas Theater in Thirroul
- Skirmish Paintball
- Symbio Wildlife Park
- Tumbling Waters Retreat
- Sri Venkatswara Temple
- Nan Tien Temple
- Wollongong Harbour
- WIN Stadium , Wollongong
Interaction with Guests
We really enjoy meeting our guests but leave you to enjoy the surroundings in privacy.
Bulli is nestled between the Illawarra Escarpment and the Pacific Ocean. Great for playing at the beach and bush walking all with 10km of Wollongong city. Easy access north via Bulli Pass or the scenic Grand Pacific Drive or alternately south along Memorial Drive down the Princes Highway to the south coast.
To really get the most out of your stay having a car is an advantage due to the steep hill (Hospital Road) to get to the Yurt.
Bulli has a railway station, with trains travelling to Sydney Airport and south to Nowra.
Buses run from Austinmeer to Wollongong, via the University of Wollongong, closest bus stop Carrington St and Farrell Rd, Bulli.
A night bus runs of Friday and Saturday nights from 10.30pm - 3am, closest stop is at Park Rd, Bulli.
Other Things to Note
There is no broadband internet in our street, so, you need to bring your own wireless device and supply your own internet. Sorry about that.
* Please leave the Yurt in the same condition you find it.
* Please put the trash out (general rubbish - red bin, recyclables - yellow) downstairs at the front of our house.
* Check in at 1pm and check out at 11am.
* Smoking outside only please.
* If you have luggage with little wheels please don't scratch the polished timber floor by dragging along the floor.
* Do not feed the Sulphur Crested Cockatoos (Large white parrots) as they damage the timber with their beaks.
* No parking on the lawn!!! Please park on the street.
* No loud music. No not disturb this peaceful neighbourhood.
* Please be sure of your dates when booking as dates will not be altered for change of mind.
* No pets.
My husband and I decided to host with Airbnb so we could meet people from around the world and share our special room in the rainforest. I enjoy gardening and bird watching, entertaining friends and family and watching the children play.