About this listing
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Everyone says it but few can say that they are in the heart of the heart of Montreal. This loft is nestled in downtown's business district (International district).
Within a few minute's walking distance to both McGill and Place des Arts Metro station. Surrounded by over 10 high-end hotels, this newly constructed and beautifully furnished and decorated loft in a unbeatable location for tourists and business stays. Very modern and open concept one bedroom loft. Extremely spacious and can accommodate up to 4 people with additional mattresses that can be pulled out from under the bed.
- Corner Unit with 8 foot windows
- 11 feet high ceilings
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- Hi speed internet
- Equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, and kettle
- 1 bed for two in bedroom
- 1 single bed
- additional single mattresses in storage
- Bedsheets, lining, covers all included
- Air Conditioner and Central heating
- Maple Hardwood floor
- Toaster, Water Boiler, Microwave, Cooking pot
- Glassware and cookware
- Linens and Towels
- Toothpaste, Bodywash, Shampoo, Conditioner
Interaction with Guests
We will meet you to give you the keys or give you self check in instructions.
WITHIN 5 MIN WALK TO:
- Numerous Bistros/Restaurants/Cafes and Groceries
- Complexe Desjardins Shopping Mall
- Eaton Center/Underground Shopping Mall
- Palais des Congrès (Montreal Convention Centre)
- Place des Arts (Performing Arts Centre)
- Museum of Contemporary Arts
- Théâtre du Nouveau Monde/ Club Soda
- Quartier Chinois (China Town)
- Quartier des Spectacles
- Quartier Latin
- Quartier international
- Vieux Port / Old Port / Old Montreal
- McGill University
- and many other tourist attractions/business conference centers
(1) WHAT IF I ARRIVE LATE / LEAVE EARLY?
A: It's not a problem just notify me ahead of time and text or call me when you are 30 minutes away and I will meet you in the lobby to give you the keys.
(2) WHY SHOULD I USE AIRBNB INSTEAD OF BOOKING A HOTEL?
A: For several reasons:
1) Our apartment comes with a full kitchen, dining table, TV and 2 beds and would be comparable to a full suite which will cost $200+ a night in most hotels
2) We are flexible with check and check, as long as there's no schedule conflict with the next guest
3) We provide clean towels, bedsheets, duvet covers and pillow cases to all our guests
4) It's perfect for a group of friends/two couples because you can enjoy the living room/dining room space
5) The loft is at the heart of downtown Montreal, the location is equivalent or more advantageous compared to many downtown hotels.
(3) DO I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN TOWEL?
A: Like most hotels we provide bath towel and face towels. If you need more just ask and I will try to arrange it for you. We also provide shampoo, body wash and toothpaste are all provided. The only thing we don't provide is a toothbrush.
(1) AIRPORT SHUTTLE: for an $9 shuttle ticket, the Airport Express Bus (bus line 747) will take you directly from the airport to the bus stop located 1 min away (look for stop Beaver Hall / Rene Levesques) from this loft. What's more convenient is that you can use the same ticket for any bus and metro/subway for the following 24 hours, with unlimited travel.
(2) PARKING: free parking can be found on the street nearby or you can find paid parking space that charges from $6 to $20 per day. Please note that the availability of the free spots depends greatly on the time of your arrival. It is generally more difficult to find one on weekdays (especially during work hours as parking spots in downtown are precious). On weekends, it is a lot easier and public parking lots often offer special rates for Saturday and Sunday. You can find more info about Montreal parking here: (website hidden)
(3) TAXI: taxis are right around the corner, in front of the US consulate. Usually, The taxi fare to and from the airport is at $40 fixed price. (Check the sticker on the window behind the driver for different flat rates)
(4) METRO/SUBWAY: within 5 min walk, you can easily get to the most central and the busiest metro stations: McGILL and PLACE-DES-ARTS (green line), both connected to the underground city and major office complexes OR to SQUARE VICTORIA (orange line) located in the Quartier international de Montréal.
- Shuttle bus: seven-four-seven (Airport)
- All-night buses: (phone number hidden)
- From the closest bus stop (René-Lévesque / Beaver Hall): (phone number hidden)
- From McGill metr(phone number hidden)
- From Place-des-Arts metr(phone number hidden)
- From Square Victoria: (phone number hidden) schedules, maps and more bus lines, visit the STM (Société de transport de Montréal) website
*Subway/Bus tickets: various fares for metro/subway and bus are available. For example, tourist passes offer unlimited travel from one day ($10) to three days ($18). If you only plan on going out at night, the unlimited evening pass at $5 would be perfect since it's valid from 6pm to 5am the next day. A $13 weekend pass (from Friday 6pm to Monday 5am) is also available. A complete list of fares can be found at the STM website: (website hidden)
***Unlimited evening*** • $5.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. the next morning.
***Unlimited weekend*** • $13.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. on Friday and 5 a.m. on Monday.
***1-day pass*** • $10.00
Unlimited travel for 24 hours, valid on the P.-E. Trudeau/Downtown airport shuttle (747).
***3-day pass*** • $18.00
Unlimited travel for three consecutive days.
Other Things to Note
Montreal is a City of Festivals, here is a list of festivals/events that are coming up this summer:
- Vue d’Afrique international film fest, April 25-May 4, 2014
- Blue Metropolis International Literary Festival, April 28-May 4, 2014
- Biennale internationale d'art numérique digital arts fest, May 1-June 19, 2014
- Acces Asie May 1-18, 2014
- Montreal Chamber Music Festival May 8-31, 2014
- La Grande Rencontre folk fest, May 8-11, 2014
- Festival TransAmériques May 22-June 7, 2014
- Anarchist bookfair May 24-25, 2014
- Montreal Museums Day Sunday, May 25, 2014
- Festival Go Velo Montreal May 25-June 1, 2014
- Montreal International Musical Competition May 26-June 6, 2014
- Festival des Arts Vivants OFFTA, May 27-June 1, 2014
- MUTEK digital creativity fest, May 27-June 1, 2014
- International des feux Loto-Québec fireworks fest, June-August 2014
- Suoni per il popolo June 4-24, 2014
- St-Ambroise Fringe Festival June 2014
- Montreal Grand Prix June 6-7-8, 2014
- Le Mondial de la bière/Beer Festival June 11-15, 2014
- FIMA – Festival international Montréal en Arts June 11-15, 2014
- Les FrancoFolies June 12-22, 2014
- Montreal Folk Fest on the Canal June 18-22, 2014
- Infringement Festival June 18-22, 2014
- Montréal Baroque June 19-22, 2014
- Fête nationale Saint-Jean June 23 and 24 – parade and events
- Montreal International Jazz Festival June 26-July 6, 2014
- Canada Day July 1 – parade and events
- International Festival of Circus Arts July 2-13, 2014
- Les Week-ends du Monde July 5-6 and 12-13, 2014
- Festival international de Lanaudière July 8-August 10, 2014
- Nuits d'Afrique July 8-20, 2014
- Just for laughs/Juste pour rire July 9-27, 2014
- Fantasia Film Fest July 17-August 5, 2014
- Children’s Festival July 19-20, 2014
- Montreal Electronic Groove July 24-August 2, 2014
- Dragon Boat Race Festival July 26-27, 2014
- Divers/Cité Gay and Lesbian Pride days, July 28-August 3, 2014
- Terres En Vue/Land InSights first people’s festival, July 31-August 5, 2014
- August is Archaeology month in Quebec, with various events
- Osheaga music & arts festival August 1-3, 2014
- Rogers Cup tennis tournament, August 1-10, 2014 (This year: women's tennis)
- Montreal Highland Games August 2014
- International tango festival August 5-10, 2014
- FestiBlues August 8-11, 2013
- Italian Week August 9-18, 2013
- Matsuri Japon Japanese festival, August 10, 2013
- HeavyMTL metal festival, August 8-10, 2014
- St-Jean-sur-Richelieu Hot Air Balloon Festival August 9-17, 2014
- Fierté Montréal Pride August 11-17, 2014
- Festival Mode & Design August 20-23, 2014
- Otakuthon anime convention, August 22-24, 2014
- Montreal World Film Festival August 21-September 1, 2014
- Montreal Reggae Festival August 16-18, 2013
- 18th-century public market August 23-24, 2014
- Nuit blanche sur tableau noir August 28-31, 2014
- Biennale de Montréal fall 2014
- OUMF Quartier Latin culture fest, early September, 2013
- Escales improbables September 3-14, 2013
- Mois de la Photo next instalment September 2015
- Jardins de lumière September 5-November 2, 2014
- Art Tattoo Montreal September 5-7, 2014
- Quartiers Danses September 2014
- Montreal Comic-Con September 13-15, 2014
- Pop Montreal September 17-21, 2014
- International Black Film Festival September 23-28, 2014
- Festival international de la littérature September 20-29, 2013
- Journées de la culture Quebec-wide culture fest, September 26-28, 2014
- Montreal Marathon September 28, 2014
- Orgue et couleurs organ music fest, September 27-October 5, 2013 (music)
- Montreal Improv Festival October 3-12, 2013
- The OFF Festival de Jazz October 3-12, 2013
- Festival du nouveau cinéma October 8-19, 2014
- Festival Phénomena October 18-25, 2013
- La Braderie de mode québécoise, October 24-27, 2013
- Festival du monde arabe October 25-November 9, 2013
- Cinemania French films subtitled in English, November 7-17, 2013
- Rencontres internationales du documentaire, November 12-23, 2014
- Expozine small press fair, November 16-17, 2013
- M for Montreal music showcase, November 20-23, 2013
- Salon du Livre November 20-25, 2012
- Image+Nation LGBT film fest, November 22-December 2, 2012
- Telus Fire and Ice Saturdays from December 1, 2012 to January 5, 2013
- Burlesque Festival December 6-7, 2013
- Salon des métiers d'art December 6-22, 2013
- Old Montreal Extravaganza December 15, 2012-January 5, 2013. Music and voice-over.
--No parties or loud music.
--Any violation of these rules may result in loss of deposit.
--Loss of fobs/keys will result in $100 charge.
Il faut premièrement respecter l'heure entendu pour le check in, fournir les informations en français lorsque demandes et surtout que le condo soit propre. Manque de papier toilette c'est quelque chose essentiel
S'il corrige les laqunes mentionnées ça sera un à retourner car il est très bien situé.
La description et photos correspondent à ce qui est sur le site.
Extra beds were set up for us.
Wifi worked without issues.
Lily was super nice and very responsive.
Really nice bathroom. Hot water. Good pressure.
Offered underground parking nearby.
The AC was a lifesaver and worked well.
Secure entrance with elevators.
Plenty of dishes and utensils.
A lot smaller than I thought it would be. The pictures are super deceiving. (ex there is no bedroom just a set of 4 foot high walls with a secluded full-size bed, the concrete ceiling is completely visible).
Beds were definitely well-used but did the job. No aching backs.
Could useva vacuum and some dusting.
Parking is super tight. I would not recommend driving a full-size truck.
There are renovations going on. It can get pretty loud. I would not be able to stay there during working days.
Boring view if you care about that. Just a brick wall so very little light gets in.
*Be sure to look for parking meters if leaving your vehicle on the street! Parking enforcement is super diligent.
We got used to the size pretty quick and had a wonderful stay overall. In the end, I would happily stay again!
Pros: Super easy check in, air conditioning, great location, good communication, price
Cons: Really dark, no towels
The location was amazing in the heart of downtown Montreal. You can walk anywhere you want, minutes to metro and to 747 airport bus.
However, it was really dark, even in the brightest of days you need to have almost all the lights on. One big window that's within meters of the building beside it. Also I was only 1 person for 1 night and the space was ample. Good for up to 2 people in there, in my opinion.
Although the space itself is nice, the pictures make the place look nicer and roomier than it (website hidden) is attached to the top of the wall by the fridge and really isn't accessible. There are no plates and glasses set up for you when you arrive and are no bottles of Belvedere Vodka in an ice bucket (don’t know what those pictures were for??).
Location, as described and clean. We were four and there is no intimacy because there is no close door. Good for couple but not ideal of you are looking for privacy.
Very convenient location, clean room, easy to check in and check out. The only problem is the room is a little bit dark.
We recommend that you stay elsewhere. The listing is not accurate and the unit is not a place that most adults would stay.
The photographs are very misleading. 6 of them bore no resemblance whatever to the unit we stayed in. This unit would be appropriate for college kids to use as a crash pad. It is not a unit that most mature adults would find acceptable. The TV did not work for the full duration of our stay despite bringing this up when we got there. The internet went out while we were there. The owner, Lily, had no idea that the internet was going to be turned off by the building. It was out for 3 days. There was no comfortable place to sit and relax. There was mildew growing in the shower. The towels and sheets had mildewed, been washed, and put back in use. The shower did not vent to the outside which left humidity trapped in the unit. There was no kettle; none of the dishes or glasses were from the same set. We will not stay there again. We would not recommend this listing. It is also deceptive that the price per night pops up as $31 per night, but none of the nights that we could find on the calendar were offered for $31. The lowest per night rate we could find was $79. This was another example of how misleading the entire listing is.
Lily did not meet us at any point during our stay. We were there for a full week. If she responded to emails it was after a delay of two or more days in all cases but one. When we called her on arrival, she had a hard time understanding us and it was clear that English is not her first language. My partner attempted speaking in French and she did not understand that either. We did communicate well enough to get in, but she seemed agitated and irritated that we even called. As a prior landlord, I would never allow someone to stay in something I owned if I had not met the person, or someone I know has vetted them. It was clear that she had minimal interest in the unit, and we surmised that this was because she did not actually own the unit.
The decorations were a collection of 2nd hand rejects. The red velvet curtains said whore house. What made this whole experience very galling was that for a modest expenditure of something less than $1,500 Canadian, the unit could have been suitably furnished, equipped with dishes, cookware, towels, bed linens, and light fixtures so it would be acceptable. All of the rooms were illuminated by bare clear light bulbs. The TV was hung with a repurposed set of headphones (seriously).
It was a good location, but that was the only positive and not nearly a strong enough point to overcome all the negatives.
This host has 232 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews