About This Listing
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Everyone says it but few can say that they are in the heart of the heart of Montreal. This loft is nestled in downtown's business district (International district).
Within a few minute's walking distance to both McGill and Place des Arts Metro station. Surrounded by over 10 high-end hotels, this newly constructed and beautifully furnished and decorated loft in a unbeatable location for tourists and business stays. Very modern and open concept one bedroom loft. Extremely spacious and can accommodate up to 4 people with additional mattresses that can be pulled out from under the bed.
- Corner Unit with 8 foot windows
- 11 feet high ceilings
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- Hi speed internet
- Equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, and kettle
- 1 bed for two in bedroom
- 1 single bed
- additional single mattresses in storage
- Bedsheets, lining, covers all included
- Air Conditioner and Central heating
- Maple Hardwood floor
- Toaster, Water Boiler, Microwave, Cooking pot
- Glassware and cookware
- Linens and Towels
- Toothpaste, Bodywash, Shampoo, Conditioner
Interaction with Guests
We will meet you to give you the keys or give you self check in instructions.
WITHIN 5 MIN WALK TO:
- Numerous Bistros/Restaurants/Cafes and Groceries
- Complexe Desjardins Shopping Mall
- Eaton Center/Underground Shopping Mall
- Palais des Congrès (Montreal Convention Centre)
- Place des Arts (Performing Arts Centre)
- Museum of Contemporary Arts
- Théâtre du Nouveau Monde/ Club Soda
- Quartier Chinois (China Town)
- Quartier des Spectacles
- Quartier Latin
- Quartier international
- Vieux Port / Old Port / Old Montreal
- McGill University
- and many other tourist attractions/business conference centers
(1) WHAT IF I ARRIVE LATE / LEAVE EARLY?
A: It's not a problem just notify me ahead of time and text or call me when you are 30 minutes away and I will meet you in the lobby to give you the keys.
(2) WHY SHOULD I USE AIRBNB INSTEAD OF BOOKING A HOTEL?
A: For several reasons:
1) Our apartment comes with a full kitchen, dining table, TV and 2 beds and would be comparable to a full suite which will cost $200+ a night in most hotels
2) We are flexible with check and check, as long as there's no schedule conflict with the next guest
3) We provide clean towels, bedsheets, duvet covers and pillow cases to all our guests
4) It's perfect for a group of friends/two couples because you can enjoy the living room/dining room space
5) The loft is at the heart of downtown Montreal, the location is equivalent or more advantageous compared to many downtown hotels.
(3) DO I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN TOWEL?
A: Like most hotels we provide bath towel and face towels. If you need more just ask and I will try to arrange it for you. We also provide shampoo, body wash and toothpaste are all provided. The only thing we don't provide is a toothbrush.
(1) AIRPORT SHUTTLE: for an $9 shuttle ticket, the Airport Express Bus (bus line 747) will take you directly from the airport to the bus stop located 1 min away (look for stop Beaver Hall / Rene Levesques) from this loft. What's more convenient is that you can use the same ticket for any bus and metro/subway for the following 24 hours, with unlimited travel.
(2) PARKING: free parking can be found on the street nearby or you can find paid parking space that charges from $6 to $20 per day. Please note that the availability of the free spots depends greatly on the time of your arrival. It is generally more difficult to find one on weekdays (especially during work hours as parking spots in downtown are precious). On weekends, it is a lot easier and public parking lots often offer special rates for Saturday and Sunday. You can find more info about Montreal parking here: (website hidden)
(3) TAXI: taxis are right around the corner, in front of the US consulate. Usually, The taxi fare to and from the airport is at $40 fixed price. (Check the sticker on the window behind the driver for different flat rates)
(4) METRO/SUBWAY: within 5 min walk, you can easily get to the most central and the busiest metro stations: McGILL and PLACE-DES-ARTS (green line), both connected to the underground city and major office complexes OR to SQUARE VICTORIA (orange line) located in the Quartier international de Montréal.
- Shuttle bus: seven-four-seven (Airport)
- All-night buses: (phone number hidden)
- From the closest bus stop (René-Lévesque / Beaver Hall): (phone number hidden)
- From McGill metr(phone number hidden)
- From Place-des-Arts metr(phone number hidden)
- From Square Victoria: (phone number hidden) schedules, maps and more bus lines, visit the STM (Société de transport de Montréal) website
*Subway/Bus tickets: various fares for metro/subway and bus are available. For example, tourist passes offer unlimited travel from one day ($10) to three days ($18). If you only plan on going out at night, the unlimited evening pass at $5 would be perfect since it's valid from 6pm to 5am the next day. A $13 weekend pass (from Friday 6pm to Monday 5am) is also available. A complete list of fares can be found at the STM website: (website hidden)
***Unlimited evening*** • $5.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. the next morning.
***Unlimited weekend*** • $13.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. on Friday and 5 a.m. on Monday.
***1-day pass*** • $10.00
Unlimited travel for 24 hours, valid on the P.-E. Trudeau/Downtown airport shuttle (747).
***3-day pass*** • $18.00
Unlimited travel for three consecutive days.
Other Things to Note
Montreal is a City of Festivals, here is a list of festivals/events that are coming up this summer:
- Vue d’Afrique international film fest, April 25-May 4, 2014
- Blue Metropolis International Literary Festival, April 28-May 4, 2014
- Biennale internationale d'art numérique digital arts fest, May 1-June 19, 2014
- Acces Asie May 1-18, 2014
- Montreal Chamber Music Festival May 8-31, 2014
- La Grande Rencontre folk fest, May 8-11, 2014
- Festival TransAmériques May 22-June 7, 2014
- Anarchist bookfair May 24-25, 2014
- Montreal Museums Day Sunday, May 25, 2014
- Festival Go Velo Montreal May 25-June 1, 2014
- Montreal International Musical Competition May 26-June 6, 2014
- Festival des Arts Vivants OFFTA, May 27-June 1, 2014
- MUTEK digital creativity fest, May 27-June 1, 2014
- International des feux Loto-Québec fireworks fest, June-August 2014
- Suoni per il popolo June 4-24, 2014
- St-Ambroise Fringe Festival June 2014
- Montreal Grand Prix June 6-7-8, 2014
- Le Mondial de la bière/Beer Festival June 11-15, 2014
- FIMA – Festival international Montréal en Arts June 11-15, 2014
- Les FrancoFolies June 12-22, 2014
- Montreal Folk Fest on the Canal June 18-22, 2014
- Infringement Festival June 18-22, 2014
- Montréal Baroque June 19-22, 2014
- Fête nationale Saint-Jean June 23 and 24 – parade and events
- Montreal International Jazz Festival June 26-July 6, 2014
- Canada Day July 1 – parade and events
- International Festival of Circus Arts July 2-13, 2014
- Les Week-ends du Monde July 5-6 and 12-13, 2014
- Festival international de Lanaudière July 8-August 10, 2014
- Nuits d'Afrique July 8-20, 2014
- Just for laughs/Juste pour rire July 9-27, 2014
- Fantasia Film Fest July 17-August 5, 2014
- Children’s Festival July 19-20, 2014
- Montreal Electronic Groove July 24-August 2, 2014
- Dragon Boat Race Festival July 26-27, 2014
- Divers/Cité Gay and Lesbian Pride days, July 28-August 3, 2014
- Terres En Vue/Land InSights first people’s festival, July 31-August 5, 2014
- August is Archaeology month in Quebec, with various events
- Osheaga music & arts festival August 1-3, 2014
- Rogers Cup tennis tournament, August 1-10, 2014 (This year: women's tennis)
- Montreal Highland Games August 2014
- International tango festival August 5-10, 2014
- FestiBlues August 8-11, 2013
- Italian Week August 9-18, 2013
- Matsuri Japon Japanese festival, August 10, 2013
- HeavyMTL metal festival, August 8-10, 2014
- St-Jean-sur-Richelieu Hot Air Balloon Festival August 9-17, 2014
- Fierté Montréal Pride August 11-17, 2014
- Festival Mode & Design August 20-23, 2014
- Otakuthon anime convention, August 22-24, 2014
- Montreal World Film Festival August 21-September 1, 2014
- Montreal Reggae Festival August 16-18, 2013
- 18th-century public market August 23-24, 2014
- Nuit blanche sur tableau noir August 28-31, 2014
- Biennale de Montréal fall 2014
- OUMF Quartier Latin culture fest, early September, 2013
- Escales improbables September 3-14, 2013
- Mois de la Photo next instalment September 2015
- Jardins de lumière September 5-November 2, 2014
- Art Tattoo Montreal September 5-7, 2014
- Quartiers Danses September 2014
- Montreal Comic-Con September 13-15, 2014
- Pop Montreal September 17-21, 2014
- International Black Film Festival September 23-28, 2014
- Festival international de la littérature September 20-29, 2013
- Journées de la culture Quebec-wide culture fest, September 26-28, 2014
- Montreal Marathon September 28, 2014
- Orgue et couleurs organ music fest, September 27-October 5, 2013 (music)
- Montreal Improv Festival October 3-12, 2013
- The OFF Festival de Jazz October 3-12, 2013
- Festival du nouveau cinéma October 8-19, 2014
- Festival Phénomena October 18-25, 2013
- La Braderie de mode québécoise, October 24-27, 2013
- Festival du monde arabe October 25-November 9, 2013
- Cinemania French films subtitled in English, November 7-17, 2013
- Rencontres internationales du documentaire, November 12-23, 2014
- Expozine small press fair, November 16-17, 2013
- M for Montreal music showcase, November 20-23, 2013
- Salon du Livre November 20-25, 2012
- Image+Nation LGBT film fest, November 22-December 2, 2012
- Telus Fire and Ice Saturdays from December 1, 2012 to January 5, 2013
- Burlesque Festival December 6-7, 2013
- Salon des métiers d'art December 6-22, 2013
- Old Montreal Extravaganza December 15, 2012-January 5, 2013. Music and voice-over.
--No parties or loud music.
--Any violation of these rules may result in loss of deposit.
--Loss of fobs/keys will result in $100 charge.
Not as described! We are a family of 4 that stayed in this apartment. 2 parents and 2 adult children in their early 20's. We were going to Montreal for our daughter's graduation from McGill. My husband and I had visited Montreal 6 times prior, each time staying at a different hotel, happy with every one of them. This time we chose an airbnb. We were shocked at how different the apartment was compared to what we expected. Lily was fine - always responded immediately to texts or to e-mails. She let us check out at 2 pm as we had a flight in the late afternoon. We arrived and got into the apartment building easily. A man that was entering at the same time told us that airbnb's were not allowed in this building and that the owner had been told of this before. The room itself was described as "extremely spacious". It was extremely small and crowded with 2 single beds in the living area ( granted we had asked if there was room for these but didn't expect them to take up the whole area). There was no couch. The most distressful part was the window looked out onto 3 brick walls that were in close proximity to the window. We couldn't even see the sky as we were only on the 4th floor and all the walls went straight up. The description had said 8 foot windows which means nothing when there is a brick wall on the other side of it. The bedroom was separated from the living room by 1/2 walls and no door and there was about 1.5 feet of room around the double bed. The extra single bed was in front of the fridge so you could hardly open the fridge door. The TV was high up on the wall and you couldn't see it from a bed so had to be watched from a kitchen chair. There was no cable so only a few channels. The wifi was slow. I had been so excited about our few days with the family together downtown Montreal expecting to be staying in a "brand new loft" " "spacious" "with 8 foot windows" and it really affected our few days we spent there. It was not a place where we could sit and have a nice glass of wine prior to heading out for dinner. We have several airbnb's booked over the summer in different areas and I pray that we are not disappointed with them like we were with this one. The good points are - it was clean, stocked appropriately, and the bathroom was very nice.
Due to the construction in the area and 1 way streets, driving to the building was a challenge. When we called the host to direct us, she couldn't understand a word we said because she doesn't speak English. The host then hung up on me (not sure why) and had her friend call me 15 minutes later to ensure we arrived. It appears the host doesn't actually run the listing.
We really liked staying here. The apartment is very well located, and was clean. It was easy to check-in and Lily allowed us to check out late which we really appreciated. The pictures describe the apartment accurately. Overall we were really happy with our stay at Lily's apartment.
This listing is priced too high for what it is. (This is coming from an airbnb Host located in Toronto who lists her apartment around (a little higher) the same price.). The description is deceiving. This apartment is not "beautifully furnished and decorated", and it is not "extremely spacious".
Once booked, I sent Lily a message asking how to check in/out, I asked for a later check out time and about parking. She didn't answer my personalized questions but instead sent a long generic message.
Lily never answered if we could have a later check out so we had to leave extra early for scheduling reasons.
Checking in was easy. When entering the apartment, it was very hot and humid. The apartment is much smaller than the pictures lead on, I would estimate it is 450sqft, maybe less.
The bathroom: There was no toilet paper, we had to look through the drawers to find some. The shower was wet. We couldn't tell if it was because it was wiped down or just used. The towels- looked VERY old, felt very dry and scratchy and didn't smell clean (but also didn't smell dirty). The bathmat at the shower was soggy and looked very old and not clean. We avoided stepping on it.
The kitchen- inside the fridge was clean and empty. There were old and dirty looking kitchen towels hanging from the oven handle- we avoided using them. There was a paper towel roll on the counter with only sheet left.
The bed- The sheets look old (they are not as shown in the pictures), they aren't matching, they didn't smell clean but again they didn't smell dirty either.
Yes the windows are large but they're facing a brick wall and other condos in the building so for privacy you need to keep them mostly closed.
Overall, I give this listing a 3* review because it was not welcoming, it did not feel comfortably clean, and I wish Lily could have helped us get a later check out or reply the message. The 2 stars are for location and ease of checking in/out.
The condo was clean and perfectly located - an easy walk to just about everything. Check in and check out was easy. The condo is mostly empty (drawers, closet, etc.) so lots of places to put our stuff as needed. They even had a basket of maps, tourist guides, etc., which came in handy. The only 'negative' was that the single bed was very hard, but fortunately there were two extra single mattresses in the closet (presumably for when they book for more guests) so I just pulled one of those out and slept on it instead, which was an easy solution. The condo has only one window which looks out into an enclosed window well, which actually is great since it made the place very quiet and dark at night, which was perfect.
Great experience! Due to an issue in the first accommodation, we couldn't spend the night in this one but Lily directly offer another solution as good as the previous one. We were welcomed by her husband and he was very nice and convenient about when we could arrive and leave.
This host has 216 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews