Gorgeous studio that is light, airy, peaceful and very comfortable for short or longer stays. Interior designed to create a modern space with modern kitchen and bathroom. Lovely shared garden with your own secure separate entrance.
-Modern and fresh
-Entirely separate and away from the main house at the bottom of a peaceful garden.
with secure access. Not totally private from main house but screened.
-Brand new Bathroom and Kitchen with great amenities provided.
-Good local knowledge if and when required.
-Fantastic location close to Kingsland, Ponsonby and GreyLynn all teaming with restaurants, shops and bars. Also fifteen minutes walk to Eden Park
- Plenty of free off-Street parking available
- King size bed
- Cotton Bedding with Goose Down Duvet
- Well appointed, modern, brand new bathroom with cotton towels supplied
- Washing machine available in main house.
- Hair Dryer available.
- Kitchen includes microwave, rotisserie oven with hotplates, fridge/freezer, well equipped with cooking and dining equipment
- Complimentary tea, coffee, milk
- Free wifi
- Television with free view channels and DVD player
- Large doors which open out to lovely garden
- Blinds to all windows
- Separate snug area for watching television
-Separate comfortable seating area
- Separate entrance with lockable gate
- Brilliant walking access to Ponsonby (20mins) Kingsland (5-7mins) Grey Lynn (10mins)
- 11 Minutes walk to a Supermarket, butchers, cafes, bars, bakers, off-licence and many more.
- 37 min walk to Downtown (bottom of Queen Street)
-Close (driving) to secluded inner city beaches
Interaction with Guests
Guests can enjoy independent access to the studio. Patrick and Marika are a text message or knock on the the door away if guests need any help.
Ponsonby today is a heritage inner city suburb coveted for its eclectic collection of fine colonial architecture and known for its dining and shopping establishments with many restaurants, cafes, art galleries, up-market shops and nightclubs
Grey Lynn is a more down-to-earth affair and is the largest suburb with the largest amount of wooden houses in the world! It also has fantastic local, independent shops, bars and boutiques.
Kingsland is the bohemian, trendy Shoreditch of Auckland with a fantastic energy and vibe boasting fantastic affordable restaurants and trendy bars.
All of the above are walking distances from Cooper Street.
Walking is easy from Cooper Street but there is also great bus service from the top of the street. See website below for buses:
Auckland Airport app is good for info and link on how to get from the airport to Auckland city as well as real time updates on flight information.
Other Things to Note
Two small dogs live on the property. Affenpinschers - very friendly and cute!
The hot water in the shower lasts for just under five minutes and has a recovery time of twenty minutes.
A lovely welcome from Marika
Perfect location and very quiet
A great place for an Auckland city break
On arrival, at midnight, a welcoming light was on to show our way to the apartment at the rear of 12 Cooper St.Grey Lynn, which was just as depicted on line. We settled into a very comfortable bed and awoke to bird song! How could we not love this peaceful garden retreat.
Marika is a very understanding,kind and generous Host, who went out of her way to assist us when we struck problems.
We would certainly recommend this beautiful little home away from home, which is well located to transport, shops, and cafés , which made the ideal finale to our holiday
We loved staying at Marika´s place in Grey Lynn! This little bach in a secluded garden is a hidden gem. We liked the interior and every little thing which makes a stay more comfortable. Marika is a wonderful host and always has some helpful hints at hand.
If you want to stay in Auckland, we can absolutely recommend staying here. Don't be put off by the somewhat longish distance to the city centre: you'll find a lot of buses getting you there virtually from your doorstep. We never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for one to take us to the centre or back.
Rest assured, we will come someday!
This is a great property for a couple who are looking to explore Auckland. It is within close walking proximity to Ponsonby, Grey Lynn, Kingsland, Eden Park and slightly further to Auckland CBD. If you don't want to walk there are plenty of buses. The property has free on-street parking.
The studio is really roomy (bigger than the photos), well decorated & appointed with a comfy bed & extra bed. The shower provides hot water for 5 minutes & then takes 20 minutes to warm up. Marika will warn you about this & we never found it a problem. There is a small kitchen with cooking facilities (which we didn't use) and tea/coffee available.
Marika was great to deal with - prompt with answering questions & ensured we were able to access the property if no one was home when we arrived. There are a couple of small friendly dogs on the property, but they didn't pose any problem.
It was a great location and really lovely accommodation. Highly recommend!
* Very tastefully decorated.
* Private and quiet.
* Well equipped kitchenette.
* Close to excellent breakfast place (Kokako), large supermarket, and a couple of good restaurants.
* Marika is helpful, e.g., with moving luggage and advising on local resources.
* Not close to major Auckland attractions, but reachable by public transport without too much hassle.
* Shower has no curtain or other barrier. When showering water splashes all over bathroom.
* Tiles in bathroom slippery when wet.
* Not much storage space. No closet.
* Owners dog leaves droppings on path to cottage.
We had a fabulous time in Auckland and really appreciated Marika's hospitality and patience with our early rising and sometimes noisy kids. Cheers for having us.
Marika is an artist who creates New Zealand kiwiana retro style works of art.
I am sociable and have a love of food, culture, interiors, dogs, the arts and auctions.
Love a good laugh and look forward to meeting new people and having you to stay!