About This Listing
The B & B Poggio a Mandria is set in a beautiful olive grove of about seven hectares, within the homonymous farm; in the farm we cultivate olive trees and vineyards from which we produce extra virgin olive oil and Chianti wine.
It is the gateway to the Chianti, and this is a good base to reach the most beautiful art cities of Tuscany (Arezzo, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra) in less than an hour. On the surrounding hills there are medieval villages, which offer visitors a charming atmosphere of the past and the opportunity to take walks in an unspoiled countryside. It’s an ideal place for anyone wishing to spend relaxing moments and relive the simple and natural values of rural life.
Tours and distances
• Florence 50 km (45 minutes)
• Arezzo 40 km (35 minutes)
• Siena 45 km (45 minutes)
• Lucca 1 h e 30 minutes
• San Gimignano 1 h e 15 minutes
• Volterra 1 h e 30 minutes
• Monteriggioni 1 h
• Gaiole in Chianti 15 minutes
• Radda in Chianti 20 minutes
• Castellina in Chianti 30 minutes
• Pienza 1 h e 10 minutes
• Montepulciano e Cortona 1 h
• le Crete Senesi 45 minutes
• Parchi Termali di Rapolano (40 minutes)
• Parchi Termali di Bagno Vignone (1 h e 20 minutes)
• The Rose Garden Fineschi in Cavriglia, which boasts the largest collection of roses in Europe;
• the town of Loro Ciuffenna with its medieval bridge and the Romanesque church of Gropina;
• the rural museum of Gaville, with its eighteenth-century mill still intact;
• Galatrona Tower in Mercatale Valdarno.
And for shopping...
• Prada outlet in Montevarchi;
• The Mall OUTLET in Leccio (FI) (Armani, Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi, Hogan...)
• OUTLET Barberino di Mugello (FI) or Foiano della Chiana (AR).
Anyway our guests will want to spend their time, we will be available to them for advice, ideas, information, or even just for a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
Claudia and Leonardo
If you're looking at this B&B now I would suggest you book it before you lose the dates you're wanting to stay here. Claudia and Leonardo are extremely friendly and gracious and did everything to make our stay a very welcome one. This B&B is in a beautiful location, surrounded by a breathtaking landscape that goes on for miles. It's cute, quiet and quaint, away from the bustling city life which is a great relief. Its unfortunate we only spent the night here and didn't have much time to really appreciate the area but Claudia helped us enjoy our short time here. She was up early to have breakfast started for us and checked on us every so often to make sure we had what we needed to get our
Hôtes exceptionnels!! De bonnes personnes, très accueillantes, généreuses et intéressantes. Maison magnifique dans un endroit idyllique. Chambre très confortable! 2 resto et une petite épicerie accessible à pied. Situé loin en campagne mais bien situé et assez central lorsqu'on a une voiture. Petit déjeuner très bon. Une expérience globale des plus agréable.
We had a great stay with Leonardo and Claudia! They were lovely hosts, and their property is in a beautiful setting amongst a large olive grove. The room and bathroom were gorgeous as well, with beautiful woodwork.
Leonardo and Claudia are warm, welcoming hosts. The place is out of a fairy tale. The décor is beautiful, modern and functional. We were 100%satisfied on all levels!
Staying with Claudia and Leonardo was very pleasant. Room was extremely big where we had our own entrance. The room was well equipped with all the modern comforts which one could ask for. They were also so nice as to invite us to a local party when we arrived which was an experience for us. Good tips on where to go around the Chianti area. Quiet, serene, comfortable, well positioned to visit the Chianti region.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Leonardo
Comunque i nostri ospiti vogliano trascorrere il proprio tempo, saremo a loro disposizione per consigli, idee, informazioni o anche soltanto per un caffè o un buon bicchiere di vino Chianti.
Claudia e Leonardo