About this listing
This great studio is in a quiet residential area only 2-3 minutes walk from JR Harajuku station! The famous Takeshita street is at door step! Easy access from airports. Walk to many tourist attractions, such as Meiji Shrine, Yoyogi Park, Shibuya
On top of the bed is extra storage and behind curtain is a small balcony with a laundry machine.
A lovely and well-furnished studio in the perfect location in Tokyo city center. It locates on a safe and quiet residential side street of the famous Takeshita street. Only a few minutes walk to JR Harajuku station and subway stations! I don't think there is any other accommodation closer to Harajuku station than this property.
You'll save a lot of transportation time and fares!
Though the studio itself is small (12 sqm), this location is truly unbeatable. It has easy access from Narita and Haneda airport by trains and many tourist attractions are within walking distance. You can walk to Meiji Shrine (5 min), Omotesando (5 min), Yoyogi Park (7 min), and Shibuya (15 min).
The studio has a queen size bed, a well-equipped kitchenette, a foldable dining table and foldable chairs, a shower room/restroom (hot water is available, water temperature is adjustable), and a small balcony with a Washing Machine. An additional futon mattress and clean beddings can be prepared for an additional guest.
FREE Pocket WIFI (Portable internet WIFI)
You can bring the WIFI router outside with you and use internet wherever you go.
Bedsheets, bath towels, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, iron, iron board, hair dryer are provided.
Everything inside the apartment
Interaction with Guests
E-mails, Online chat applications. When I have time, I can greet you in person
Great fun neighborhood. Full of characters and cultural mix. Harajuku is a paradise for Japanese teens and tourists alike. Takeshita shopping street has inspired world renown designers by its unique fashion goods. Omotesando is great for high-end brands browsing. You can enjoy walking to Shibuya through Omotesando street or walk to Shinjuku through Yoyogi as well. The majestic Meiji Shrine is only 5 min walk from the apartment. Families can enjoy a picnic at Yoyogi park, watching Sakura blossoms or greenery.
This apartment is very close to JR Harajuku station. It's convenient to anywhere in town! You can walk to Takeshita street, Meiji shrine, Yoyogi park, Omotesando, Shibuya so easily!
Other Things to Note
*Note for English-speakers* There is no outdoor pool. I checked the hot tub option to indicate hot water is available in Chinese.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the studio. You can smoke on the balcony.
- Please take off your shoes at the room's entrance
(1) Communication: Immediately after booking the location, I was immediately greeted with an e-mail jam-packed with in-depth information on how to get to the home upon arrival into Narita Airport. She was so kind enough to include photos and a clear understanding of the house rules and the restrictions on the portable wifi. Upon my arrival to the home (which went without any problems thanks to her directions) I had some issues with the portable wifi which was immediately addressed and taken care of. Although I was not able to meet Mink in person, I was grateful that communication with her was so simple and immediate.
(2) Location: The apartment is literally next to Takeshita shopping street, which is right outside of the Harajuku station or about 8 minutes away from the Meiji-jingumae station. There are ways to get home without using the main Takeshita street, which was nice especially since the street was always crowded with people.
(3) Safety: As a single female traveler, this was my main concern and Mink insured that I had nothing to worry about. Although the home is next to a shopping street, it is also very close to a large apartment complex, elementary school, Togo Shrine, and a police station. Even when Takeshita was closed and the streets were dark, I did not have a problem walking outside by myself since the area is mostly local residents and housewives.
(4) The Apartment. The apartment is small, but I expected that since I was in Tokyo. I would not recommend this apartment for more than two people because the area can get cramped really easily. I would also not recommend the home to a person over 5'9 because of the shower restriction, unless you would like to sit in the very tiny bath tub. Although the home is small, it makes up for it in the amenities. The teeny kitchen has a mini-fridge, microwave, hot plate, and many kitchen utensils. The house also includes a lamp, two chairs, a fan, a mirror, an ironing board, and a washing machine. The only downside to the apartment is due to the fact that it is small, there is not a lot of room to store your luggage or clothes.
(5) Final Thoughts: Mink was a great host that made my stay very comfortable and I really appreciated her easy communication. The home was conveniently located in a fun area where I can easily access the metro and convenience stores. The home served its purpose as a place for me to sleep and recharge my battery as I explored Tokyo. I would most definitely recommend this home to the single traveler or a couple because this home packs a crazy good punch! Thank you Mink!
The first photo on the listing is not from the apartment, but the second one is. The apartment is really tiny and there is not much space to move around. I wouldn't mind staying here if I were alone, but it can get crowded if there are two of you with bags. It got a bit claustrophobic for us two. The location is excellent though and I would recommend it to solo female travelers who want to stay around the Harajuku area.
We did not meet Jan but she was quick to answer our queries.
The studio was small but it's got everything you need! Very cosy and very comfortable, also the place is quite clean. The location is awesome, making it easier to get to places in Tokyo. It also has a folder of recommended places to go to, and how to get there- which I think is a sweet thing to do. Overall, I would not hesitate to come back!
Excellent location! Host is very responsive and helpful. All the items listed in the website are available in the room. Affordable price with reasonable room space. Highly recommend.
Just as described. Fun location perfect for people watching. Thank you Jan!
Great stay! Room comes with Cooking Facilities and Utensils! Bed was nice and cosy, but the room is abit tight for 3 people. Host gives excellent directions towards the apartment as well!
Location is the best. If you're 2 big adults, I would suggest you get a bigger room. This room is just right for single or 2 regular sized adults.
This host has 616 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jan
Hi, I'm a friendly Thai female IT professional who has been living in Tokyo for longer than 10 years. Tokyo is my second home. I'd be happy to answer your questions or give you recommendations about this amazing city -- straight from my experience. Hope you love Tokyo like I do and come back again to visit us. Sign up and get discount: www.airbnb.com/c/jh209?s=8
สวัสดีค่ะ ติดต่อจองห้องพักเป็นภาษาไทยก็ได้ค่ะ -มื้ง-