About this listing
We want you to have the best time while you are here so we would like to offer you the best location and accommodation.
WiFi, AC and more...also second bedroom if 3 or 4 guests, perfect for groups of friends, families or couples.
Welcome to Barcelona! Whether you are coming to rest and disconnect from home, to connect with the city of Barcelona, or to work, we would love to offer you every amenity to make your stay as comfortable and unforgettable as possible. As we only offer 1 bedroom to Airbnb (or 2 if coming in the same party), you can be guaranteed that all of our attention and time will not be divided between you and another guest.
Our home offers:
Third floor apartment with elevator/lift
Art Nouveau building built at the end of the 19th century with historical rated value
The living area:
22 sq. meter (200 sq. feet) bedroom
Sitting area with Chaise lounge sofa and coffee table
Reading area with Armchair and lamp
2 balconies, with a table for two to enjoy a glass of wine outside
A large 150x190cm (Queen size in the US) bed with a new viscoelastic mattress
Dolce Gusto Espresso coffee machine (unlimited coffee, hot chocolate, lattes, etc)
*American coffee pot also available upon request
Tea Kettle (unlimited tea)
32in flat screen LG tv
Satellite (options to watch programs in Spanish or original version; Canal + Champions, Liga, Premier League, NBA, NFL, CNN, Fox, France 24, RT, Al Jazzera, movie and sitcoms channel etc, Spanish subtitles also available)
Wi-fi internet (extension modem is right outside your room)
Sony Satellite alarm clock with radio
Private refrigerator and microwave in room for guests use only
Bed sheets (included in price)
Bath towels (included in price)
Beach towels (included in price)
*Air conditioning available for an additional 10E per day charge (Sanyo silent air conditioning)
Sliding glass doors
Large walk-in shower
Heated bath racks (in the winter)
Men’s electric razor
Shampoo and soap upon request
2nd bedroom (if contracted):
12 sq. meter (108 sq. feet) (Double bed size in the US)
Your whole living area (bedrooms and bathroom) are located on one side of our home that can only be accessed by you with the key you will be given on arrival.
Optional/ Additional amenities:
Laundry (5 Eur. additional charge per wash, 5 Eur. per dry)
Air conditioning for the big bedroom (10 Eur additional charge per day)
Mobile phone rental (10 Eur. worth of calls for the time of your stay)
Use of the kitchen is NOT included in the price.
Interaction with Guests
We have organized the space so that you can have as much privacy as desired. Your area can only be accessed by a key you will be given upon arrival. We enjoy the company of our guests and would love to get to know you as well as show you around the city. If you would like a tour from a local perspective, we would love to join you and share the experience. Breakfast will be prepared and brought to you in the morning to be enjoyed on the balcony in privacy, but if you would like one of us to join you while you're having breakfast and explain where to go and what to do while you're here, we would also be more than happy to do it! Sergi was born and raised in Barcelona and has given walking tours for international tour companies mainly to cruisers. He loves his city and sharing it with those who are interested.
We are located in a safe, residential area in the heart of the Art Nouveau neighborhood of the Eixample, close enough to the center to walk, but far enough away to not be in the hustle and bustle of tourists.
We are situated on one of the main streets for the marathons and parades, so if you decide to come during the Harley Rally or the Barcelona marathon, you will have front row seats from the balcony!
If coming in December/January:
We are located in one of the most desirable areas during the Christmas season because of our proximity to both the Christmas market (one block away) and the Christmas (Three Kings) parade (50 meters from our front door!)
-Christmas Street market (more than 200 handcraft tents): We are one street from the main Christmas street market in Barcelona where you can find hand crafts such as artisan products and handmade clothes, local foods, and childrens’ games.
-Three Kings Parade: In the other direction we are 50 meters from the Three Kings Parade on the evening of January 5th (la cavalgata dels Reis) which is the biggest parade of the year in Barcelona for children and family alike- a real cultural event to be a part of!
3 minute walk (3 streets) to:
- The Aerobus stop (A1, A2) from the airport (the stop for our house if the first stop from the airport in Plaça Espanya -5.60 Eur one way).
- Plaça España (where you can find the Las Arenas bull ring that has been converted into a shopping mall with great restaurants and views), as well as one of the main Tourist information points in the city
- The Magic Fountains of Montjuic
- Hop-on hop-off bus stop for a tour around the city
- Bicycle and moped rentals: there are two bike rental stores that also rent mopeds- we can go with you to rent them.
- Tickets Restaurant (created by Ferran Adria’s brother)
- Ikibana (popular Brazilian Japanese restaurant frequented by athletes and actors)
- Central Police Station
- Marathon finish
- The old Convention Center of Barcelona (where expos are still held such as the auto show, the expoalimentaria, Bread and Butter)
In a three block radius we have:
- 5 supermarkets
- 5 pharmacies (including one that is open 24/7)
- 2 metro lines (L1-red, L3-green)
- More than 10 bus lines (all going in different
- The Night Bus stop
- Bus stop to a beach outside of Barcelona (1 street away)
- LOTS of delicious, local restaurants (as well as International: Japanese, Mexican, Chinese…)
- Spanish Cinema
10 minute (or less) walk to:
- Sants Estació (main train station in the city)
- Poble Espanyol (the Spanish village, also where great Flamenco shows with dinner can be enjoyed)
- Cinema/Movie Theater (original version)
- MNAC (The National Museum of Art of Catalunya- the big palace at the top of Plaça Espanya with some of the best views of the city)
- Plaça Catalunya
- Passeig de Gracia (most important upscale shopping area of the city, also where two of Gaudi’s buildings are located, Casa Batllo and La Pedrera)
- Fundació Miró
- Escribà (delicious local bakery by world renown Christian Escribà)
- Mercat de Sant Antoni (local market with fresh food, style “Boqueria” but with local prices!)
- Carrer Parlament: one of the fastest growing areas in Barcelona to go out in the evening for a drink or tapas, or head to for a mid-morning brunch.
- La Bella Napoli restaurant (the best Italian restaurant in Barcelona)
- If you are a theatre lover, there are many within walking distance: (world-famous plays and musicals are performed here): La Ciutat del Teatre (focusing on performing arts) which includes Mercat de las Flors (focuses mainly on dance), Barcelona Teatre Musical (BTM) which has had Mama Mia and Catherine Jones, Teatre Lliure (one of the world’s most famous performing arts ensembles), and very near is Teatre Grec. Also within a 10 min walk (on Parallel) is the Teatre Apolo (where we have seen the Russian Ballet), and Teatre Condal (focusing on Comedies), and the Teatre Coliseum (on Gran Via) where we have seen the Nutcracker at Christmas as well as Swan Lake. A little further walk, about 15 min, you can visit the Gran Teatre del Liceu Opera which hosts the largest Wagner Festival outside of Bayreuth, and is the 2nd largest opera house in Europe after the Paris Opera.
7 min ride from Plaça Espanya (3 stops by bus, although we always walk-15 minutes):
- Palau St. Jordi (the Olympic arena) where all of the best concerts are held (Beyonce, One Direction, Rihanna, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi) as well as other events (Monster Rally, Cirque du Soleil, etc)
- Montjuic Castle
If coming in July:
- Barcelona offers “Sala Montjuic” which is an open-air film festival offering films in original version on the wall of the Montjuic castle. One of our very favourite things to do in the summer is take a picnic dinner, go up early to enjoy the band playing before hand, and relax on blankets while watching a movie. (M/W/F)
We are located in one of the best parts of Barcelona in relation to public transportation.
By subway/underground: We have two of the main metro lines (L1-red- which is three stops to Plaça Catalunya and Ramblas, and L3-green, which is 4 stops from Camp Nou, FC Barcelona's stadium) or one more stop to Diagonal street where you can find more upscale stores and restaurants.
By Bus: In a radius of 3 blocks you can find at least 10 different bus lines that take you all over the city: a bus that takes you directly (no change) to the beach in Barcelona, Plaça Catalunya, Sagrada Familia, The Olympic Village, Park Guell, and the Forum, as well as to the airport (bus 46).
By bike: From our home you have bike lanes that will take you to the center of the city (down Gran Via to Plaça Catalunya), to the port (down parallel), or to uptown (up Carrer Nicaragua). These 3 routes are more or less direct: you can then also get to Barça's stadium, the beach, as well as Sagrada Familia on bike lanes.
By train: Sants Estació: We are a 10-minute walk from Sants Estació, the main train station in the city.
By plane: Aerobus: We are three blocks from the first stop in the city (Plaça Espanya) that the Aerobus makes coming from the airport (5.60 Eur. each way) You can also take bus number 46 (a city bus, 2.15 Eur. per ride) from the airport which stops in Plaça Espanya.
Other Things to Note
We have a little Persian cat. She is sweet and sociable but she will never enter your side of the apartment.
This is a family building so we request guests to be quiet after 22:00 as many people (including ourselves) will be getting up early in the morning:)
Although you will have use of two balconies, we request that you don't smoke inside or on the balconies.
Extra guests (that have not been paid for) are not allowed in the apartment unless agreed upon beforehand.
This is NOT a party house.
Nice, large, walk-in shower...do not worry about liquids at the airport; we provide shampoo and gel!
This is the perfect place to stay in Barcelona! It was perfect for my husband and I. The room itself is very private and comfortable, but we also enjoyed getting to talk to Sergi and Susan. Sergi had great recommendations for things to do and places to eat. The mattress was very comfortable too, which is something you don't find very often when traveling! We would definitely come back here if we ever return to Barcelona.
Sergi and Susan were great hosts. Room was great. It was clean and a wonderful location. I would highly recommend a stay with Sergi and Susan. They were so willing to help and offer advice to help us to get around Barcelona. I hope to visit again!!
even before our arrival, susan and sergi were very informative about how to get to their place and they were really nice and kind. when we arrived, they welcomed us really nicely and they did above and beyond for us! our vacation in barcelona was great and a lot becouse of them. they gave us a lot of recommendations about places to visit in and how to get there.
their place is in a center location and it is easy to get to all the attractions from there.
the appartment inculed everything you need for your vacation.
they are the best!
The listing was exactly what it said it would be. They had coffee and tea ready for us and we were greeted with a little bottle of Cava. We felt very special and were grateful to be there. Sergi and Susan are amazing hosts. We will visit them again and recommend them to anyone we know who is going to Barcelona. The space was so comfortable and it was so easy to find. It is a perfect place from which to explore this awesome city. We loved chatting with them and sharing a glass of wine. They gave us some recommendations about places to eat and what to see and it made the trip amazing! Can't wait to be in Barcelona and stay here again!!!
Susan and Sergi were wonderful hosts who went out of their way to assure that we had a great visit! The location was excellent for our first time in Barcelona. The apartment building and flat were both beautiful. We also enjoyed the breakfast each morning. The street noise was prevalent if you're not used to living in a city, however the location was perfect. Highly recommend to anyone planning a visit to Barcelona.
I enjoyed every minute of staying at Susan and Sergi's place. From the moment that I met them I felt at home. They were always readily available to answer any questions I had and gave great tips on places to eat and sites to see. I really appreciated all of their efforts in making this trip to Barcelona a very memorable one. They are both such kind people and my only regret is that I did not stay longer.
The location of their place is perfect - it is walking distance to all of the major attractions and just a few minutes walk to Plaça Espanya if you need to use the metro.
Their place is big and very clean and cozy. This was my first b&b experience and it exceeded all of my expectations. Out of all the cities I have visited in Europe for the past few years, Barcelona has always been my favorite and I am very glad that I have found Susan and Sergi's place as I will be contacting them the next time in Barcelona!
About the Host, Susan & Sergi
We are a young couple that loves traveling as well as hosting guests from out of town. We enjoy cinema, sports, good food, and good company with a glass of wine. As hosts we offer our space to those who want independence as well as those are interested in the local culture. We have traveled around the world extensively but love that we get to call Barcelona home. We would love to help you get to know the Barcelona that makes us fall in love again and again!
We are open minded and respectful hosts as well as guests. As guests our favorite trips have been those where we stayed in a bed and breakfast or spent a lot of time with a local. For that reason we love airbnb and the chance of meeting people from all around the world, traveling and hosting.
5 things we can't live without: DELICIOUS food, pleasant weather, great company, a good laugh, and unfortunately, technology:)