About this listing
We want you to have the best time while you are here so we would like to offer you the best location and accommodation.
WiFi, AC and more.
Welcome to Barcelona! Whether you are coming to rest and disconnect from home, to connect with the city of Barcelona, or to work, we would love to offer you every amenity to make your stay as comfortable and unforgettable as possible.
Our home offers:
Third floor apartment with elevator/lift
Art Nouveau building built at the end of the 19th century with historically rated value
***IMPORTANT: The living room is the best (and our favorite) room in the house. It used to be the bedroom for airbnb, but many guests complained of the noise which is one of the reasons we have decided to change the sleeping area to a more quiet, inside room. Since our home is a listed home and protected by the Spanish government, by law we are not allowed to change anything on the facade, which includes the original wooden doors to the balconies. But you can enjoy the morning sun and coffee on the balconies, as we did when it was our own bedroom for 11 years! Since we did sleep in it for such a long period of time we know what the noise is like, we are used to it, as are one million people in the city:)
The living area:
22 sq. meter (200 sq. feet) living room
Sitting area with Chaise lounge sofa and coffee table
Reading area with Armchair and lamp
Dining room table that seats 6 people comfortably
2 balconies, with a table for two to enjoy a glass of wine outside
Private refrigerator and microwave for guests' use only
Bosch (Tassimo) coffee machine
32in flat screen LG tv
Satellite (options to watch programs in Spanish or original version; Canal + Champions, Liga, Premier League, NBA, NFL, CNN, Fox, France 24, RT, Al Jazzera, movie and sitcoms channel etc, Spanish subtitles also available)
12 sq. meter (108 sq. feet)
140cmx190cm (Double/Full) bed with a viscoelastic mattress
Sony Satellite alarm clock with radio
Bed sheets (included in price)
Bath towels (included in price)
Beach towels (included in price)
Sliding glass doors
Large walk-in shower
Heated bath racks (in the winter)
Shampoo and soap upon request
Your whole living area are located on one side of our home that is shared between the guests and the hosts. We are not home that often during the day but do enjoy watching movies and football in the evenings and would be happy to have you join us!
*Air conditioning available for an additional 10E per day charge (Sanyo silent air conditioning)
Optional/ Additional amenities:
*Air conditioning for the big bedroom (10 Eur additional charge per day)
* A new laundrymat has just opened around the corner
*Use of the kitchen is NOT included in the price.
Interaction with guests
We have organized the space so that you will have lots of privacy while in our home but we also enjoy the company of our guests and would love to get to know you. Sergi was born and raised in Barcelona and has given walking tours for international tour companies mainly to cruisers. He loves his city and sharing it with those who are interested.
We are located in a safe, residential area in the heart of the Art Nouveau neighborhood of the Eixample, close enough to the center to walk, but far enough away to not be in the hustle and bustle of tourists.
We are situated on one of the main streets for marathons and parades, so if you decide to come during the Harley Rally or the Barcelona marathon, you will have front row seats from the balcony!
3 minute walk (3 streets) to:
- The Aerobus stop (A1, A2) from the airport (the stop for our house if the first stop from the airport in Plaça Espanya -5.90 Eur one way).
- Plaça España (where you can find the Las Arenas bull ring that has been converted into a shopping mall with great restaurants and views), as well as one of the main Tourist information points in the city
- The Magic Fountains of Montjuic
- Hop-on hop-off bus stop for a tour around the city
- Bicycle and moped rentals: there are two bike rental stores that also rent mopeds- we can go with you to rent them.
- Tickets Restaurant (created by Ferran Adria’s brother)
- Ikibana (popular Brazilian Japanese restaurant frequented by athletes and actors)
- Central Police Station
- Marathon start and finish
- The old Convention Center of Barcelona (where expos are still held such as the auto show, the expoalimentaria, Bread and Butter)
In a three block radius we have:
- 5 supermarkets
- 5 pharmacies (including one that is open 24/7)
- 2 metro lines (L1-red, L3-green)
- More than 10 bus lines (all going in different directions)
- The Night Bus stop
- Bus stop to a more exclusive beach outside of Barcelona (1 street away)
- LOTS of delicious, local restaurants (as well as International: Japanese, Mexican, Chinese…)
- Spanish Cinema
10 minute (or less) walk to:
- Sants Estació (main train station in the city)
- Poble Espanyol (the Spanish village, also where great Flamenco shows with dinner can be enjoyed)
- Cinema/Movie Theater (original version)
- MNAC (The National Museum of Art of Catalunya- the big palace at the top of Plaça Espanya with some of the best views of the city)
- Plaça Catalunya
- Las Ramblas
- Passeig de Gracia (most important upscale shopping area of the city, also where two of Gaudi’s buildings are located, Casa Batllo and La Pedrera)
- Fundació Miró
- Escribà (delicious local bakery by world renown Christian Escribà)
- Mercat de Sant Antoni (local market with fresh food, style “Boqueria” but with local prices!)
- Carrer Parlament: one of the fastest growing areas in Barcelona to go out in the evening for a drink or tapas, or head to for a mid-morning brunch.
- La Bella Napoli restaurant (one of the best Italian restaurant in Barcelona)
- If you are a theatre lover, there are many within walking distance: (world-famous plays and musicals are performed here): La Ciutat del Teatre (focusing on performing arts) which includes Mercat de las Flors (focuses mainly on dance), Barcelona Teatre Musical (BTM) which has had Mama Mia and Catherine Jones, Teatre Lliure (one of the world’s most famous performing arts ensembles), and very near is Teatre Grec.
Also within a 10 min walk (on Parallel) is the Teatre Apolo (where we have seen the Russian Ballet), and Teatre Condal (focusing on Comedies), and the Teatre Coliseum (on Gran Via) where we have seen the Nutcracker at Christmas as well as Swan Lake. A little further walk, about 15 min, you can visit the Gran Teatre del Liceu Opera which hosts the largest Wagner Festival outside of Bayreuth, and is the 2nd largest opera house in Europe after the Paris Opera.
7 min ride from Plaça Espanya (3 stops by bus, although we always walk-15 minutes):
- Palau St. Jordi (the Olympic arena) where all of the best concerts are held (Beyonce, U2, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi) as well as other events (Monster Rally, Cirque du Soleil, etc)
- Montjuic Castle
If coming in December/January:
We are located in one of the most desirable areas during the Christmas season because of our proximity to both the Christmas market (one block away) and the Christmas (Three Kings) parade (50 meters from our front door!)
-Christmas Street market
More than 200 handcraft tents: We are one street from the main Christmas street market in Barcelona where you can find hand crafts such as artisan products and handmade clothes, local foods, and childrens’ games.
-Three Kings Parade
In the other direction we are 50 meters from the Three Kings Parade on the evening of January 5th (la cavalgata dels Reis) which is the biggest parade of the year in Barcelona for children and family alike- a real cultural event to be a part of!
If coming in February:
-Mobile World Congress
Easy Access to Fira Gran Via, 10 min by car or 15min by bus or train. We are also only three streets to Fira Montjuïc.
If coming in March:
Start and finish in Plaça Espanya
If coming in July:
- “Sala Montjuic”
This is an open-air film festival offering films in original version on the wall of the Montjuic castle. One of our very favourite things to do in the summer is take a picnic dinner, go up early to enjoy the band playing before hand, and relax on blankets while watching a movie. (M/W/F, free bus service from Plaça Espanya, or nice walk from home up the mountain- what we always do)
We are located in one of the best parts of Barcelona in relation to public transportation.
By subway/underground: We have two of the main metro lines (L1-red- which is three stops to Plaça Catalunya and Ramblas, and L3-green, which is 4 stops from Camp Nou, FC Barcelona's stadium) or one more stop to Diagonal street where you can find more upscale stores and restaurants.
By Bus: In a radius of 3 blocks you can find at least 10 different bus lines that take you all over the city: a bus that takes you directly (no change) to the beach in Barcelona, Plaça Catalunya, Sagrada Familia, The Olympic Village, Park Guell, and the Forum, as well as to the airport (bus 46).
By bike: From our home you have bike lanes that will take you to the center of the city (down Gran Via to Plaça Catalunya), to the port (down parallel), or to uptown (up Carrer Nicaragua). These 3 routes are more or less direct: you can then also get to Barça's stadium, the beach, as well as Sagrada Familia on bike lanes.
By train: Sants Estació: We are a 10-minute walk from Sants Estació, the main train station in the city.
By plane: Aerobus: We are three blocks from the first stop in the city (Plaça Espanya) that the Aerobus makes coming from the airport (5.60 Eur. each way) You can also take bus number 46 (a city bus, 2.15 Eur. per ride) from the airport which stops in Plaça Espanya.
Other things to note
We have a little Persian cat. She is sweet and sociable but she will never enter your side of the apartment.
This is a family building so we request guests to be quiet after 22:00 as many people (including ourselves) will be getting up early in the morning:)
Although you will have use of two balconies, we request that you don't smoke inside or on the balconies.
Extra guests (that have not been paid for) are not allowed in the apartment unless agreed upon beforehand.
You are not allowed on our side of the home or use of the kitchen.
If checking in after 9:00pm (21:00), there will be a 20eur late check-in fee.
This is NOT a party house.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
We are a young couple that loves traveling as well as hosting guests from out of town. We enjoy cinema, sports, good food, and good company with a glass of wine. As hosts we offer our space to those who want independence as well as those are interested in the local culture. We have traveled around the world extensively but love that we get to call Barcelona home. We would love to help you get to know the Barcelona that makes us fall in love again and again!
We are open minded and respectful hosts as well as guests. As guests our favorite trips have been those where we stayed in a bed and breakfast or spent with a local. For that reason we love Airbnb and the chance of meeting people from all around the world, traveling and hosting.
5 things we can't live without: DELICIOUS food, pleasant weather, great company, a good laugh, and unfortunately, technology:)