About this listing
This may be the most exciting part of your stay in SF!
Ideal for the non-smoking corporate executive, urban hipsters, or world travelers who would like to experience the creativity of San Francisco in the hotbed of SOMA (South of Market), this hidden gem is a wildly imaginative showplace featured on HGTV and Ultimate Kitchens on The Food Network.
Being a full-time rental, you will have plenty of closet and drawer space. And the kitchen and dining area are fully stocked with everything you need to entertain.
One-of-a-kind custom built-ins abound, including a 1950's retro diner booth breakfast nook, sun-drenched with 17' floor-to-ceiling windows, and an original mural by acclaimed San Francisco street artist Brian Barneclo.
Gilbert Street is located in the trendy SOMA district of San Francisco, off Brannan between Sixth and Seventh Streets, with convenient access to restaurants, shopping, and public transportation..
• Quiet first-floor unit above street level
• French doors open to Juliet balcony
• Open living/dining area with huge mural
• Brand new sofabed downstairs for guests
• Flat screen TVs / cable in livingroom & in bedroom
• Gourmet kitchen overlooking outdoor courtyard
• Gas oven/range, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, built-in water purifier
• Breakfast nook/office features 1950s vinyl diner booth with matching Formica table
• Full bathroom on upper level
• Hardwood floors in living area and bedroom, custom tile in kitchen
• Custom paint and innovative colors throughout
• Dramatic living room draperies
• Bose iPod dock
• Washer and dryer in unit
• Includes all utilities such as water, trash pick up, high-speed internet, phone, and expanded cable.
Cleaning Service available for additional charge
• Conveniently located near public transit, walking distance to Caltrain and downtown, Financial District (FiDi), South Beach, and South Park
• Seconds from 101 and 280 freeways - no need to drive across town to get on or off a freeway
• Minutes from Oakland Bay Bridge
• Easy access to the Bay Bridge, the Peninsula and SFO
• Muni bus on corner to BART - easy walk to CalTrain
• Walk to Moscone center
• 7 minutes to a Zipcar carsharing service station
In the neighborhood:
• Trader Joe's grocery store
• Walgreen's drugstore
• Flower Market
• Flower Market Cafe
• Cafe Roma
• Café Mars
• Live Sushi
• Peet's Coffee
• Pier 1 Imports
• Bed Bath & Beyond
• Nordstrom Rack
• Safeway grocery store
• Alexander's Steak House
• Coco 500
• World Gym
5 minutes away...
• South Beach Marina & Yacht Club
• Mission Bay
• Embarcadero Waterfront
• AT&T Park where the Giant's play
• Yerba Buena Gardens
• Union Square
• Potrero Hill
• Whole Foods
• Best Buy
• Office Depot
• Jamba Juice
• Rainbow Grocery
• Chez Papa
Ideal for hospital and university housing...
Easily accessible to UCSF, Golden Gate University, San Francisco General Hospital, St. Mary's Medical Center, UCSF Medical Center, Kaiser, and California Pacific Medical Center.
It's also a stone's throw from corporate offices of AirBNB, Pinterest, Zynga, Sega, Adobe, Advent, Mission Bay, UCSF (University of California San Francisco) and more. Also near by: Wharton School of Business, Babson College, SFSU, Dugoni School of Dentistry, and Golden Gate University.
INCLUDES 1 FREE PARKING SPACE
Absolutely no smoking inside or out
No loud music after 10pm
Parking space included
In one word: AWESOME.
Great natural light, comfortable bed, lot of space for your things, everything was immaculate clean. The furniture it's unbelievable: every single inch of the house has some detail you will astonish by. From the mural art, to every single object. I really think you can't get any better.
It's a loft in a small alley in SoMa. The bad thing is that it's not really "in" the best spot, but it still is few minutes walking distance from popular places and close to public transport.
It's great if you've a car and commuting: it features a private parking space all for you and it takes literrally 2 minutes or less to be on the 101.
Alexandra is soooo nice: she did everything she could to make me enjoy the place at its best. Great communications and quick answers any time I needed.
If it's availabe... get this place without thinking twice.
Our stay at the161 Gilbert St. loft during this past Christmas holidays was a wonderful experience with an exceptional treatment by our host Alexandra. She really made us feel at home with lots of attention all through our stay. Alexandra welcomed us with coffee, bread, milk, a bottle of wine and many other treats... Wow!
In addition, she was always available to any answer questions and happy to make recommendations on things to do in SF. The loft itself is a piece of art, every corner beautifully decorated and cared for by its owner. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was always super-hot which added warmth and relaxation.
Proximity to all major grocery stores, restaurants and luxury shopping malls was a plus. For our rental car, we had a parking space assigned to us in the building’s garage which made everything easier and convenient.
Our overall experience was absolutely amazing and a perfect location for exploring the city. Whether you are sight-seeing or just visiting SF you cannot go wrong with 161 Gilbert St. loft.
Thank you for a wonderful exquisite experience!!
All the best !!
Maruchy & Efraim
Alexandra and her groovy loft are outstanding. She had breakfast waiting for my arrival, a bottle of wine in the fridge and gave me a tour of the apartment before she left me to enjoy it. It's down a quiet cul-de-sac in Soma so no through traffic. Lots of light. An outstanding mural on the wall that is much better to (email hidden), a fully stocked kitchen and a great bedroom and bathroom up the spiral staircase. I immediately felt at home and Alexandra was always nearby and available in case I needed anything (she even emailed me on a rainy morning to let me know there was an umbrella in the closet). I highly recommend this lovely loft...and great host!