About this listing
Affectionately known as "Candyland," this wildly imaginative showplace is San Francisco's most colorful and creative custom loft. Decorated with floor-to-ceiling eye candy collected in my exotic world travels, this is no cookie cutter loft. It was the showcase home on the SF Loft Tour and has been featured on HGTV and Ultimate Kitchens on The Food Network. Every inch of it is photo-worthy and you will truly have a "live like local" experience when you stay here.
This place is ideal for tech execs - great internet and multiple places where you can set up your laptop. (I personally use the 1950's diner booth as my desk, but there are regular desks as well, including the two side-by-side orange desks downstairs.)
You will take more photos here than of the Golden Gate Bridge!
Ideal for non-smoking corporate creatives, tech execs, urban hipsters, or world travelers who would like to experience the creativity of San Francisco in the hotbed of SOMA (South of Market), this hidden gem is a wildly imaginative showplace featured on HGTV and Ultimate Kitchens on The Food Network.
One-of-a-kind custom built-ins abound, including a 1950's retro diner booth breakfast nook, sun-drenched with 17' floor-to-ceiling windows, and an original mural by acclaimed San Francisco street artist Brian Barneclo. There are delightful surprises around every corner.
"Candyland" is located in trendy SOMA (South of Market) off Brannan Street (between 6th and 7th) where countless tech companies - including Airbnb and Pinterest - are located. Every person who has stayed here has been within walking distance of their office. And if you are driving south to Palo Alto or Mountain View for example, the freeway entrance is less than 2 minutes away. (This is the closest location you can be in SF for getting on 101 or 280 south as opposed all of the other neighborhoods around the city where you have to slog through traffic to get onto a freeway. SF has the 4th worst traffic in the world so not having to fight it is a major plus.)
• Quiet first-floor unit above street level
• French doors open to Juliet balcony
• Open living/dining area with huge mural
• Comfy sofabed downstairs
• Flat screen Smart TV
• Colorful kitchen overlooking outdoor courtyard
• Gas oven/range, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave
• Breakfast nook/office features 1950s vinyl diner booth & table
• Full bathroom upstairs
• Hardwood floors in living area and bedroom, custom tile in kitchen
• Custom paint and innovative colors throughout
• Dramatic living room draperies
• Washer and dryer in unit
• In the heart of Techville - a few blocks from AirBNB, Pinterest, Zynga, Dropbox, Adobe, Advent Software and more.
• Conveniently located near public transit, walking distance to Caltrain and downtown, Union Square, Financial District (FiDi), South Beach, and South Park
• Seconds from 101 and 280 freeways - no need to drive across town to get on or off a freeway
• Minutes from Oakland Bay Bridge
• Easy access to the Bay Bridge, the Peninsula and SFO
• Muni bus on corner to BART - easy walk to CalTrain
• Walk to Moscone center
In the neighborhood:
• Live Sushi
• Trader Joe's grocery store
• Walgreen's drugstore
• Flower Market
• Flower Market Cafe
• Cafe Roma
• Café Mars
• Live Sushi
• Peet's Coffee
• Bed Bath & Beyond
• Nordstrom Rack
• Safeway grocery store
• Alexander's Steak House
• World Gym
5 minutes away...
• South Beach Marina & Yacht Club
• Mission Bay
• Embarcadero Waterfront
• AT&T Park where the Giant's play
• Yerba Buena Gardens
• Union Square
• Potrero Hill
• Whole Foods
• Best Buy
• Office Depot
• Jamba Juice
• Rainbow Grocery
It's also near Wharton School of Business, Babson College, SFSU, Dugoni School of Dentistry, and Golden Gate University.
INCLUDES 1 INDOOR PARKING SPACE and 1 BIKE
Cool city bike
Interaction with guests
I have another place right down the street so I can often be there to meet you and I'm always available to answer any questions.
Other things to note
The spiral staircase and art collection make it unsuitable for kids and pets.
Absolutely no smoking inside or out
No loud music
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.