About this listing
• Lovely room with private connected bathroom
• Exceptionally clean
• Peaceful & quiet
• Safe, convenient & central area
• Large bright home
• Fast Wi-Fi
• Full kitchen
• Sunny deck with a view
• Legal airbnb
Guests love it!
It's a fabulous time of year to visit San Francisco!
YOUR ROOM . . .
The best room in the house! It's clean and cheerful with a new Queen size bed, your own bathroom, hardwood floor and closet. It’s furnished with an antique dresser, a lounge chair, an antique desk & stool, a night stand/bookcase and a Persian-style rug. I provide high-quality, soft cotton sheets and 5 pillows to choose from. I have a heater in the room and the window opens so you can keep the room at the temperature you like (and a hot water bottle and extra blanket if you need one). Sunlight comes in the window but there isn't a view - it looks out to a lightwell between buildings. I get fantastic feedback on how comfortable the bed is. You'll be very cozy and comfortable here.
Your bathroom is fully renovated, bright and spotlessly clean; it's attached to your room for complete privacy. There are nice Egyptian Cotton towels, a hair dryer, a scented candle and a very tall shower head (with good water-pressure) over the tub. You'll also find low- or unscented shampoo, conditioner, body wash and moisturizer. There's a cute cabinet so you can conveniently spread out your stuff. Bonus: we have endless hot water – you'll never run out!
BREAKFAST and MEALS
There'll be fresh fruit, snacks and a water carafe in your room when you arrive. For breakfast and snacks, you'll have your own shelf in the fridge and a shelf in the pantry. Nothing too special but there will be eggs, bread, butter, jam, yogurt, peanut butter, cereals, oatmeal, milk, juice, coffee, tea (black and herbal), sugar, honey, artificial sweetener and snacks for anytime of the day or night. Anything you're missing you can buy right across the street at Walgreens or down the block at Safeway. You're more than welcome to do any cooking you'd like and I have oil and spices for you to use. And if you'd like a picnic I have a fully equipped picnic basket & blanket for you!
You're welcome to make full use of my home! It's a fun, eclectic and comfortable place with everything you'll need. Built in the late 1800's, my apartment has the warmth and beauty of Victorian/Edwardian-era features with the advantage of modern renovations. the furniture is a mix of interesting antique and vintage pieces. The living, dining and kitchen area is a bright open space with lots of big windows - and because I'm on the top floor it's very airy and bright. We have hardwood floors, central heating and great lighting. The large, modern, kitchen has everything you'll need including a gas stove, dishwasher, toaster oven, microwave and toaster. I have a single-cup coffee maker so you can choose the coffee you want and have it ready within a minute or two. The cheerful laundry room has top-quality washer and dryer and an ironing board which you're welcome to use. And you'll love the sunny little back deck with 180 degree views!
Interaction with Guests
Check-in is easy. Let me know the approximate time you'll arrive and I'll be here to welcome you warmly and show you around. I'll show you some good resources and give you an overview of the city, my neighborhood and how to get around. You'll have a set of keys so you can come and go as you please. I'm available any time for questions but I'll leave you to yourselves. I spend most of my time around the house so I'll be happy to chat about your adventures!
I'm on the border of 3 neighborhoods: The Castro, Mission- Dolores and Lower Haight. It's a very vibrant, safe and sunny part of town. There's lots to do - day and night; it's also a great area to just sit at an outdoor café and watch the people go by. There are several guide-books and restaurant guides to help you plan your stay. With a Walk Score of 98 there are abundant cafés, coffee shops, bars, restaurants (fancy and casual), interesting stores, markets, parks, entertainment venues and street art right in the neighborhood.
I'm in a superb transportation hub that has a Transit Score of 100! For transit information, go to (website hidden) trip planner - enter "15th (email hidden)." and then any city landmark - you'll see how quick and easy it is to get everywhere! For example, the Church St. Station is a block away and, from there, it takes less than 10 minutes to get downtown. I'll provide a transit card which is good for all public transportation. You’re welcome to load it up and use it while you’re here.
Other Things to Note
• I own my home and I'm a legal registered airbnb host.
• There are 45 stairs to climb (but it’s a charming staircase!)
• There isn’t a parking space and street parking can be difficult but public transportation is excellent!
• There isn't a TV in the room/house.
• I have 2 cats who are very friendly and will greet you in the morning and sneak into your room if you leave your door open : )
• My housemate Patrick is very nice and friendly as well. He enjoys hearing about people's travels and where they live.
• Every 2nd Wednesday I have some friends over to play cards from 7:30 - 10:30 p.m.
It's a wonderful place and I love having people here. I think you’ll really enjoy your stay!
San Francisco Short-Term Rental Registration
Possession of a San Francisco Short-Term Rental Registration Certificate certifies that the registration certificate holder has agreed to comply with the terms of the San Francisco Short-Term Residential Rental Ordinance (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 41A). This ordinance does not require an inspection of the unit by the City for potential Building, Housing, Fire, or other Code violations.
• Non-smokers only please
• You're welcome to come and go whenever you please - no amount of noise bothers me.
• Check-in time is noon. If you're arriving at night - no problem; I'm often up until 1 a.m.
• Check-out time is noon but I may be able to arrange for you to leave your bags until later if you need to.
• I have recycle and compost bins available with instructions on how to use them.
• Please use coasters on the furniture for anything hot or damp.
• Please leave behind the maps, transit cards and keys.
• Please use disposable towels (provided) for makeup and heavy chemical face-cleaners. They tend to stain or bleach the towels and pillowcases.
• You're paying a cleaning fee so there's no need to clean or straighten the room before you leave! : )