Conveniently located in Maldives Islands, Sea House Top Deck is a great base from which to explore the vibrant city of Male'. Only 1.5 Km away and can be easily accessed from the airport. We offer excursion, diving and water sports.
Located in Vilimale Island, and can be reached from Male' by a 7 minute ferry ride available every 10 minute throughout the day.
Restaurant, Excursions, Water Sports, Diving, Beach, Free Wi-Fi, etc.
The staff at this hotel is extremely polite and pleasant. We ate a couple of lunches there. The pizza was very good. That ends our positive comments.
The furniture in the guest room was cheap particle board. The mattress was dated and uncomfortable. The sheets and "mattress pad" were way too small for the frame, and therefore loose and unable to stay put. I had to pin them to the mattress! The lack of a shower curtain caused the toilet seat and floor of the bathroom to get soaking wet.
The online pictures of the property are deceiving in that they show girls in bikinis! That could not have been taken on Vilingili Island! There is a sign at the beach showing a sketch of a woman's ONE-piece bathing suit (circled, with a line through it), implying it is not allowed. Underneath, it clearly states bikinis are not allowed.
Other than the hotel and a couple of restaurants, it is a completely residential Sunni Muslim island for the people who work in Male. We found them extremely unwelcoming, staring at us or completely ignoring us. In addition, if there is a vacant lot, there are empty bottles, cans, and general trash strewn about. This is not done by tourists; there are none to speak of on the island. In summary, if you were told you have a few weeks to live, this is the place to come. Every day felt like 6 months!
NOTE: The hotel offers day trips to resorts where you can wear a bikini or sleeveless top, or drink alcohol, but the charges are OUTRAGEOUS! Count on a minimum of $100/day per person.
We chose to stay at sea house top deck as we wanted a more authentic Maldivian experience than staying at a westernized resort. We had some good and bad points to the stay as you will see below.
- the rooms are VERY small. I would guess them to be about 8'x7'.
- we had to change room immediately after checking in as our first room had red ants crawling all over the bed and window.
- our next room had some ants on the floor but, it is what it is. I woke up with red ant bites a couple of times.
- the breakfast is decent however it is cold. There are eggs and what not- but it is rarely restocked and the items are left to get cold. The "sausages" are hotdogs.
- the restaurant in the hotel is excellent, however, the portions are VERY small for the price ( as compared to other local restaurants and western standards).
- this never bothered us but the local mosque broadcasts prayers every couple hours until around 9pm.
- the staff are very friendly and helpful. Ramil, who manages the hotel is awesome!
- the staff will ask you if you want any excursions and will inform you of what is planned for the day in the event you want to join. We did picnic island- totally worth it!!!!
- the beach is about a 2 min walk from the hotel- but no one gives you accurate directions. If you are walking out of the hotel- go right until the end of the street. You will see a park with a path, follow it and you are at the beach.
- the local restaurant "xie xie" is wonderful. It's in the pier where the ferries come in. Local fishermen bring in fish to the pond that runs through the resto and you can pick one. They will catch and grill it. VERY CHEAP!
- I would stay here again but only as a transit hotel.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews