Charming House, Central Haarlem. Includes 2 Bicycles!
Accommodates up to 4 people. Includes WiFi, Kitchen, Laundry & Private Garden Courtyard.
Haarlem is a 15 minute train to both Amsterdam Centraal & Zandvoort Beach. Direct 30 minute bus access to Schiphol Airport.
Located in the centre of old town Haarlem and within walking distance to everything this lovely city has to offer, is this quaint 150-200 year-old townhouse that is fully-equipped with modern conveniences to allow you to appreciate it's old-style charm in comfort.
*Includes 2 bicycles for guest use*
The entire house is available to you when you select this property and it can accommodate up to 4 people.
Downstairs is an open-plan lounge, dining and kitchen area, which have French doors that open out onto a relaxing garden courtyard, complete with BBQ. In the lounge, there is an electrical fireplace which adds a charming ambiance to the room. We have also provided a USB charging hub and stereo with surround sound.
Upstairs, there is a modern bathroom, european laundry and a spacious light-filled loft bedroom with an adjacent sitting area which can be curtained off and converted into a second bedroom (with a comfortable double sofabed).
You can make use of all the amenities provided including: 2 Bicycles, Central Heating, Fully-equipped Modern Kitchen, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, High-speed WiFi, Stereo System, Alarm Clock, Washing Machine, Clothes Dryer, Hairdryer, Iron and BBQ! We provide all towels and linen.
We also have a baby-bed for hire at €15 per stay.
Interaction with guests
We are travelers ourselves and we know how difficult communication can be in a foreign country and that transport delays can occur. For this reason, we have a locked keybox check-in system that will allow you to arrive at a time that suits you (within our advised times), without needing to stay in contact with your arrival time.
We are readily available to answer any questions you may have and have included a neighbourhood guide of recommendations in the local area both in the house and on our Airbnb profile.
You can also find answers to many questions you may have provided in a guidebook inside the house and on our page on Facey "CharmingHouseHaarlem".
Other things to note
*** Sorry, we DO NOT accept any four-legged family members (pets). ***
*** Please be aware if booking with children or elderly people, that we have very steep and traditional Dutch stairs that may prove a mobility issue.
Please refer to the photographs as a reference before booking.
However, we have multiple handrails and have had many senior guests and children stay in the past that haven't found this to be an issue and have embraced them as part of the charm of living like the Dutch. ***
Please ensure you book for the correct amount of guests when booking, as we have additional charges for more than 2 guests, including children. We have additional costs, cleaning times and tourist taxes to declare, so we appreciate your honesty and fairness.
We also have a baby-bed for hire at €15 per stay for children (Please ensure you request this if needed).
We hope you enjoy your stay at Charming House!
We would greatly appreciate it if you could adhere to the following during your stay:
1. We encourage you to be environmentally conscious and try to minimise your energy usage. Please:
- Turn off lights and turn down the heater (around 10 degrees) when you leave the property and go to bed.
- Use the quick cycle programs for the washing machine and dishwasher, where possible.
- If the sun is shining, use the clothes line outside rather than the Clothes Dryer.
- Be mindful of your waste and try to recycle (More information on how to do so is readily available in the house).
2. Please refrain from smoking inside, the backyard is accessible and partially covered for those who wish to smoke.
3. We understand accidents can happen. If something breaks during your stay, please let us know so we can repair it for future guests. Also, if you spill something, we would appreciate you doing your utmost to clean it so that it does not stain.
4. Please leave the house in a reasonably clean condition. Wash and put away your dishes before you leave and if you move the furniture or house items, please return them to their original positions before your departure.
Please treat our house as you would your mother's. :)
We will try and be readily contactable via email at all times before and during your stay, so please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Enjoy your holiday!
Bea and Rudy
From Dec 21, 2017 - Jan 02, 2018 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Rudy is from The Netherlands and Bea is from Australia. Therefore, travelling has become a way of life for us in order to stay together and be a part of each other's families. Together, we travel the world, trying to experience and appreciate this world for all its wonders and wonderful inhabitants. Thankfully, Airbnb helps us to cover the mortgage payments and facilitate this lifestyle.