About this listing
Colvin Meadows- small cozy, old charm apartments - duplex located in North Buffalo.
One block from the Hertel Ave. shopping district.
First floor - a living area, with cable HDTV TV and wi fi internet
-a small kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove,micro wave, toaster, coffee maker, blender, mixer, dishes, pots, pans,baking pans, and glasses for special occasions. Basic cupboard necessities- coffee, hot chocolate, sugar, tea and spices.
The small dinette opens onto the back deck. The deck is a great place to enjoy morning breakfast and coffee, late afternoon dinners at the patio table and chairs. A gas B Q available. Relax in the garden on the two person swing.
Second - upper floor- Two bedrooms and bath
You will sleep soundly on the very clean comfortable beds.
The large front bed room has a queen bed, clock radio, and small TV.
The smaller back bedroom has a single bed. (air mattress also available)
- linens, pillows, blankets and comforters are freshly laundered
- hall closet - full of extra bath towels and linens along with extras such as shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste.
I try to provide everything you need to make your stay special. Please let me know if you have special requests.
Free on site laundry - detergent and softener -in the private basement
-15 minute drive from the airport.
- 20 min by car to downtown Buffalo - 30 min by metro bus and train
- 30 min by car to Niagara Falls - 1hour by metro bus to Niagara Falls $55 one way taxi
- Walking distance to Delaware Park, Buffalo Zoo
- Less then a mile and half: Elmwood Ave. -art district - colleges - Buffalo State - Medialle - Canisius
-Route 198 expressway 2 miles / 5 minutes
-The Peace Bridge to Canada five minutes drive.
- Hertel and Delaware Avenues offer the best shopping areas in the city. Many choices for great restaurants, fast food options, one of the best bakeries in the area is just a block away. Hertel Ave. hosts local specialty shops and a variety of ethnic restaurants. Chain stores and restaurants in the area include Tim Horton coffee, Dunkin Donuts, Dennys, Kohl's, Marshalls, KMart and more.
A deck in the back overlooks a relaxing garden area with rabbits, birds and more. I love to sit in the back and relax waiting for the occasional train to pass by. It feels like being in a model railroad display when the train goes by. Make a pose and wave to the engineer. It is quiet with large trees and plenty of greenery and sky. Feels like country living in the city.
It is private and a great place to enjoy the gas grill in the summer.
NO smoking in the house.
This is a smoke free and drug free house.
Cleaning service during your stay may be arranged for an additional fee.
About the Host, Dorothy
I love my curly hair, my grandchildren, camping, birds, wildlife and gardening. My favorite thing about hosting on airbnb is meeting people from all over the world. It is so nice to see my guests enjoy their stay at the apartment enjoy the back deck and yard. I smile the most when I give a tour of the area or a shopping trip at the local Wegman's grocery store.
For more information on events and tours in Buffalo visit the web sites for
Visit Buffalo Niagara and Explore Buffalo, Buffalo love fest.