About This Listing
It is a very clean one bedroom apartment with a spacious living room and kitchen. Located in a luxury local neighborhood and convenient to public transportation. Walking distance to MoMa museum and theaters. Many guests recommended my place.
Fantastic midtown location just south of Grand Central on Lexington Avenue. Surrounded by high-end hotels and restaurants. Includes everything that you would expect in a well-equipped Manhattan apartment -- fresh towels, sheets, toiletries, a lot more than hotel would provide, see the list in below. Also, I don't have any personal effects on display, so you can put up a picture of your own family and feel right at home.
About the Building:
- Beautiful Prewar Building WITH Elevator
- On-Site Building Supervisor / Maintenance
- Laundry Room and Dry Cleaner in Building
- Across from Grand Central Station / Subway
- Short walk to Broadway Theater District, Times Square, Empire State Building, 5th Avenue Shopping District, Rockefeller Center, etc.
- Parking garage right across the street
- Coffee shop by the corner
- Steak house in the same block
- Supermarket in a block
About the apartment;
- Four (4) Room Apartment (Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen, Bathroom)
- Professional Cleaning (performed immediately before and after each guest stay, guests respond as spotless clean and cleaner than many hotels)
- Quiet (Note: as is generally the case with quiet apartments in Midtown Manhattan, the apartment faces away from the street and does not have a great view.)
- Heat and Air conditioners
- Cable TV / DVD
- Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Free local phone service
- Queen Size Bed (plus a pull-out couch in living room)
- Extra bed sheets, pillows, bath towels for extra person or longer stay
- Kitchen with Basic Cooking Supplies
- Microwave, Stove, Oven, Dish washer
- Coffee machine, Water kettle, Pots
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Toothpaste, toothbrush and mouth wash
- Shampoo and hair conditioner
- Body wash and body lotion
- Shaving cream and shaver
- Paper towel, tissue and toilet paper
- Renovated Kitchen and Bath
- Wood Floors
- High Ceilings
It is located in a luxury and convenient neighborhood. If you want to experience the local life, it is the place. Walking distance to coffee shop, supermarket, restaurants, shopping, museums and subway station. It is not a party area, so it is peace and quiet at night. I can have a good night sleep after a long day of work in a busy city, so do you.
The public transportation is 4, 5, 6 and S train to museums. It has airport shuttle bus directly to Grand Central station and some can drop off and pick up right outside of the building. Walking distance to MoMa museum, Time Square broadway shows theater, 5th Avenue shopping area, Apple store is in Grand Central station. Parking garage is available just across the street. Very convenience.
Other Things to Note
Check in and check out is at 10:30 am. Late check out can be flexible if I don't have guest. Late check-in is not a problem either. We just need to communicate in advance to arrange it.
Please consider the following house rules prior to making a reservation. Many thanks.
1) No smoking inside the apartment building.
2) No more than 2 adults and 2 children may sleep in the apartment.
3) No more than 4 people may occupy the apartment at any time.
4) Pets are generally not allowed, but they may be permitted with prior approval.
5) Guests shall pick up the apartment keys at a nearby location prior to arriving at the apartment building.
6) Guests may not check in before 10:30 a.m. or check out after 10:30 a.m. With much regret, I have not yet found a way to successfully accommodate early check-in and late check-out requests. Please note that, although guests may check in as early as 10:30 a.m., the housekeeper may not finish his or her work until the early afternoon.
7) Guests who need to store bags before checking in or after checking out may do so for a small fee at a nearby UPS store. Further instructions will be provided to you with your reservation confirmation and itinerary.
The apartment was very convenient to grand central as described. The key pickup was easy and a short walk from the apartment. The apartment was spacious and clean. Two air conditioners made it very comfortable and quiet for sleeping. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen was good sized and so was the fridge. And we very much appreciated it being stocked with cold filtered water! Bos thought of everything!
Apartment was as advertised. Host was very easy to work with and prompt to reply to all inquiries. He also sent detailed instructions for keys/information. Was flexible with our check out time. (The the couch is not as in photo.)
Wonderful location. Midtown east. Only 1/2 block away from a D'Agostino market (578 3rd Ave btw 39th St & 38th St) which we frequented for quick breakfasts and coffee. I would book this apartment again. The host was very professional as well.
We loved this apartment. Awesome location. Very quiet building. So clean. Bos was great with communicating with us. We felt really comfortable here. Would love to return.
Never saw Bos because he was out of town (that's why his apt is available!). But he was always available by email (very prompt responses). The apartment was spotless, comfortable and convenient. I had a change of plans that forced me to arrive much later, but Bos was able to rearrange key pickup in a very short time even though he was out of town! Impressive. For my purposes, the location was perfect (I had business at the UN).
My wife and I stayed in Bos lovely apartment in Murray Hill for a week. His apartment has a fine location, very central, with many restaurants but also a quiet area. Bos apartment has a fine size for two people. It is well furnished with fine interior. Furniture of good quality, especially the beds. Simultaneously everything you need for soap, toothpaste, towels, etc. There is a gem of an apartment. we will like to come back. Two things deserve to be mentioned; There are lovely quiet even at night and the standard of cleaning. It is top notch.
The apartment was just great! Location was perfect for us as we were very close to Grand Central Station, a supermarket, bars and restaurants. It was nice to feel like a true New Yorker staying in an apartment opposed to a hotel. We did have a minor issue with the TV which was sorted out very quickly with Bos coming over to see what the go was. Overall I would most certainly recommend this place! Thanks for having us Bos!
This host has 140 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bos
I am a consultant in the financial services industry, and I have begun to spend less than half of my time in New York. So, I hope that others will take advantage of my place (which is a ton of fun) while I am on the road. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
American, BurgersLexington Avenue Manhattan New York 10016
BurgersLexington Avenue New York NY 10016
Grocery Store3rd Avenue New York NY 10016-4169
Drug Store / Basic GroceriesEast 34th Street New York NY 10016
Liquor Store3rd Avenue New York NY 10016
Good pizza; inexpensive3rd Avenue Manhattan New York 10016
Kosher, Sandwiches/SubsEast 33rd Street New York NY 10016
Seafood, SteakhousePark Ave New York NY 10016-5339
Mexican, Tex-Mex2nd Avenue New York NY 10016
Inexpensive, Pub FoodEast 36th Street New York NY 10016
Drug store / light groceriesEast 42nd Street New York NY 10017
Italian, Pizza, Wine BarLexington Avenue New York NY 10016
Best grocery store in immediate areaE 42nd St New York NY 10017
Key Pick-Up and Baggage StorageEast 43rd Street New York NY 10017
American, great brunch and sandwiches, inexpensive light dinnerLexington Avenue New York NY 10016-8154
Great observation deck5th Avenue New York NY 10118
Subway / TrainsEast 42nd Street NY 10017
ItalianThird Avenue New York NY 10016
French, Steakhouse, Breakfast/BrunchNew York NY 10016
ItalianEast 45th Street New York NY 10017
JapaneseEast 45th Street Manhattan New York 10017
Groceries and sandwichesEast 45th Street New York NY 10017-3302
Drug store / light groceriesLexington Ave New York NY 10017
Spanish/TapasEast 46th Street Manhattan New York 10017
Premier department store5th Avenue New York New York 10017
Sushi, High-endUnited Nations Plz # A New York NY 10017
Premier department store5th Avenue New York New York 10022
International, GastropubEast 50th Street New York NY 10022
FrenchE 51st St # 1 New York NY 10022-6571
Great art tour and observation deck.Rockefeller Plz # 3 New York NY 10020-1903
Aisan, Burgers, Sandwiches/SubsE 53rd St Manhattan New York 10022
Great at nightNew York NY
One of New Yorks premier museumsWest 53rd Street NY 10019
Premier department store5 Avenue At 58 New York NY 10001
Premier department store3rd Avenue New York NY 10022
One of New Yorks premier museumsCentral Park West New York NY 10024
One of New Yorks premier museumsEast 82nd Street NY 10028
One of New Yorks premier museums5th Avenue New York NY 10128-0112
Best view of ManhattanNew York NY 10128
Start here. Nice walk with views of Lower Manhattan.Centre St # 18 New York NY 10007
Ground ZeroNew York NY
Take the 4 or 5 train from Grand Central to Wall StreetWall Street New York NY 10005
Buy tickets here for ferry to Statue of Liberty and Ellis IslandBattery Park New York NY 10004
Free, Nice view of harbor and Statue of LibertyFerry St New York NY 10004