About this listing
Before you book: This is a private room with a SHARED bathroom for 1 or 2 people only.
You can check the total price and availability by entering your dates in the "Request to Book" in the box to the right. There are no additional fees.
Private bedroom, SHARED bathroom in a clean, 2-bedroom apartment located on the 2nd floor (up 2 short flights of stairs). There's no elevator. Breakfast is included in the price - you can help yourself to coffee, tea and to an assortment of cereals, bread and eggs and anything I have in the refrigerator.
You (couples or single women only) will be sharing with me and my 20lb. dog named Schatzi, a sweet, quiet Lhasa Apso mix.
I have no television, but wifi is fast and free.
My (very well stocked) kitchen is your kitchen, so if you want to cook yourself a meal, all I ask is that you share some with me (!) and clean up after.
No need to lug shampoos, shower gels and conditioners - you can use mine if you wish.
- 11 x 13 feet (fairly large for NYC)
- 2 large windows
- Lots of sunlight and airy
- Large, queen size bed
- Closet + lots of hangers
- Desk and chair
- Air conditioning & central heating
- Clean sheets, pillows, blankets, towels
- International electrical adapter/outlet
- Iron/ironing board
- 1 (SHARED) bathroom
- You get a set of keys to the apartment so you can enter and leave as you please
- Fully equipped, clean kitchen (microwave, toaster, oven, stove top espresso, coffee press)
- Clean, fully stocked bathroom (hair dryer, shampoos etc)
- Living room with a dining table
- Free high-speed WIFI
- Laundromats with delivery service close by
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES:
Flexible except when another party is checking out on the same day you arrive, or checking in on the same day that you are departing. In which case the check in and out times are as follows:
-Check out time is 11:00 am
-Check In time is 3:00 pm or later
You can drop your luggage at any time on check-in day and also leave them in the living room while you are sight seeing on your check-out day.
As of April 2015, there's been construction on the building across the street, and although its not super loud yet, it sometimes start at 7am and could go on till 4pm. There's an air-conditioner with a fan in the room which helps mitigate the noise, but its something to keep in mind if you plan to sleep late. Other than that, the neighborhood is fairly quiet.
Interaction with guests
My home is your home, so you have an all-access pass!
I am a fountain of information (even if I say so myself ;) and am available to help you plan your day with customized advice on sightseeing, FOOD! shopping, live music, concerts, sports events etc. I love my city, and will be very happy to share it with you.
Other things to note
1. Even if you're going to be here for less than 7 days, do buy a 7-day unlimited MetroCard for the subway and buses. It's economical and makes sense even if you're going to be here for just 3 or 4 days.
2. Download an app called Citymapper which will help you navigate our very vast and extensive subway system. You can get specific directions and have access to the subway map even without wifi - very helpful.
3. 2. Get ready to walk! NYC is built for walking, and although you'll probably have an unlimited MetroCard for the subway, you're still going to be doing a lot of walking!
4. What you MUST bring is a pair of really comfortable, thick-soled shoes. A fair number of guests have come with thin-soled shoes and then get sore feet, although in retrospect, it might just be another reason to shop some more!
A note for our foreign visitors: please be aware that it is customary to tip 15-20% when you eat out at restaurants. Waiters/waitresses do not get paid a normal salary and rely on tips to make their wages, so be generous to our poor service people!! Of course, if the service is not good, then you can reduce tips appropriately, but here in NY, 15% is the minimum. The only other person you tip is a taxi driver who generally gets about 10% of the metered fare.
My home is your home during your stay! No rules other than to respect it as you would your own home :)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I love to eat! No, really. I really, really, really LOVE to eat!! I cook and entertain as well as eat out a lot, and can direct you to some of the best, affordable meals in and around town. If you're looking for a culinary adventure, I'd be more than happy to cook you a meal - on the house!
I've traveled (and cooked with women) throughout the world, from Vancouver to Vietnam; been randomly invited to a village wedding in Uzbekistan, eaten tarantulas in Cambodia, downed too many pints in Ireland, hiked isolated trails in Bryce Canyon, chilled out on beaches in the Caribbean and have eaten my way through mountains of whatever was put in front of me!
New York has been my home for the past 20 years, and no matter where I travel to, I look forward to coming home to one of the most exciting cities in the world.