A quaint, intimate Inn on the Little Beaverkill River. Private accommodations with fully-equipped kitchen and large back yard along the river. The owners Kim & Rob also operate a restaurant and art gallery next door and are available 24/7.
Our quaint, antique-filled inn is located in the beautiful Catskills along a year-round river, 1 1/2 hours drive from New York City. Come and stay in a lovely historic house by the river and enjoy the nature and amenities. It is fully equipped for a nice vacation with lots to do in the area.
Our policy is whether you are 1 guest or more you get the whole house to yourself - you won't share with unknown guests.
We have 4 charming rooms and 1 1/2 baths - 2 queens, 1 double and 1 twin - which will accommodate up to 7 guests comfortably. There is also a futon in the living room, and a queen size airbed with bedding for 3 more. The single bedroom is on the first floor and the other three are upstairs. The house has a fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, cable TV and wifi. There is also a DVD player & some DVDs, and a CD player with an Ipod/Iphone hookup. In the mornings, enjoy a continental breakfast supplied for you with coffees, teas, cereals, milk & juices. In the summer outside we have a charcoal grill and picnic table for a riverside barbecue and a badminton game set up.
Check-in time is 3:00 pm. If you want to check in before then, please just let us know. Check out time is 11:00 am.
There are many activities for a perfect vacation. We are 20 minutes from Bethel Woods Performing Arts Center. We are 10 minutes from Monticello Casino and Raceway. We are close to the Willowemoc River and Livingston Manor for the best trout fishing ever. Close by is an educational New York State trout hatchery, Hunter Lake for motorboating, for camping and swimming Mongaup Pond State Park and Neversink Reservoir for rowboating and fishing.
Other things to do in the area are horseback riding at Bridle Hill Farm or Sonoma Falls where there is also a cider mill & country store, hiking, camping, antiquing, yoga classes at Just Breathe Yoga, visiting art galleries such as Catskill Art Society and art exhibits at Catskill Artists Gallery and Liberty Art Museum. In wintertime cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and ice fishing. Holiday Mountain is a small family mountain 15 minutes away. Belleayre and Plattekill are 1 hour away for nice downhill skiing.
These other places you shouldn't miss: wineries BashaKill and Eminence Road Farm, shops in Livinsgton Manor: Morgan Outdoors, Willow & Brown, Main Street Farm, Brandenburg Bakery, Catskill Brewery and restaurant Hello Bistro. In Roscoe take a tour through the Prohibition Distillery.
Enjoy the lovely rural surroundings. We are your hosts, so please ask us anything and we will be pleased to make you comfortable during your stay.
Hiking, biking, maple sugar houses, yoga classes, swimming, Bethel Woods Performing Arts, Catskill Brewery, Prohibition Vodka Distillery, sightseeing, Rails to Trails
Interaction with Guests
We have our residence and our restaurant/art gallery adjacent to the Inn. Whenever you would like to chat with us, we are available, but we believe in your privacy. We give you the key and we don't enter the Inn for cleaning or anything else during your stay. We want you to feel at home at the Inn as though it was your own house.
Our neighborhood is the little hamlet of Parksville. This hamlet was thriving when the O & W Railroad ran through it, but has had an economic downturn since then. It looks a little like a ghost town, but is very walkable and fun to see the historical corner pharmacy where Steven King last year filmed a scene for his HBO movie "Bag of Bones." Not a long drive west from Parksville is lovely Livingston Manor with interesting shops, a bakery, a brewery, a local grocery store, and a beautiful school on the river that runs through. And 5 miles distance are all amenities like grocery, hardware, bank, liquor store, tailor, pet supplies, etc.
There is a Shortline bus that comes right to Parksville. However, we recommend driving because the sightseeing is worthwhile by car.
RULES & REGULATIONS
ROLLING RIVER INN
1. CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to arrival date or a full charge is applicable. However, if somehow we are able to rebook, we will not charge you. If canceling by email or voicemail, you must receive acknowledgment. Please note: You may apply the cancellation charge to your next booking if made within one year.
2. Check-in time is 3 pm. If you want to check in before then, please just let us know. Check out time is 11:00 am.
3. The Inn is only authorized to accommodate properly registered guests. For this purpose, guests are to present their valid ID card or passport, or any other valid proof of identity to the relevant Inn management upon request. The Inn tariff is not inclusive of any charges for food and beverages or any other services; these can be billed to your Inn account.
4. Settlement of bills: bills must be settled on presentation either by payment in cash or valid credit cards. Checks are not accepted.
5. Guests are to use the Inn for the agreed period. If the period of accommodation is not stipulated in advance, guests are to check out by 11:00 am on the last day of their stay at the latest, and they are obliged to have vacated the Inn by this time or $10 per hour will be charged for the first 6 hours, past 6 hours the full amount of one day occupancy will be charged. Check in time if the Inn is still occupied is 3:00 pm; if the Inn is vacant check in time can be earlier. In the event that the Inn has already reserved the Inn beforehand, and the guest fails to pay attention to requests to vacate the Inn, or if he or she is not present in the Inn, the Inn management reserves the right to catalog the guests possessions and to store them in a safe place so that the Inn can be used by the guest for whom it has been reserved.
6. Be advised to keep valuables in your personal room. Keys to each room hang in the glass cabinet in the kitchen. Keep the Inn exterior doors locked when not in the Inn or when you are sleeping. The Inn is not in any way whatsoever responsible for the loss of guest's belongings or any other property.
7. Inn keys must be left in the Inn whenever guests leaves the premises at the time of check out and guests are responsible to lock the front and back doors upon departure. Lost keys (each $10) will be charged.
8. Hazardous goods like gas cylinders, cooking stoves, inflammable fuels, firearms, etc brought on the Inn premises by guests is strictly prohibited.
9. Management rights: The management reserves for itself the absolute right of admission to any person in the Inn premises and to request any guest to vacate the Inn at any moment without any previous notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever. The guest shall be bound to vacate when requested to do so. In default, the management will be entitled to remove the luggage and belongings of the visitor from the Inn occupied by him or her and lock the Inn or rent the Inn to another guest. This will only happen if the person(s) occupying the Inn are disturbing the peace or and safety of the Inn, personnel or other Inn guests.
10. Guests may not interfere with the electrical or heating systems or any other installations in the Inn or on the premises of the Inn without the consent of the Inn management. If any malfunction is discovered during your stay please report this to the reception and we will repair this as soon as possible.
11. A guest may not use his or her own electrical appliances, which are not used for the guest's personal hygiene and comfort. You can use electric razors, hairdryers or chargers for laptops, flashlights etc in the Inn.
12. A guest may only receive visitors in the Inn with the consent of the inn management. The Inn can not be used by more persons than original booked, if more persons are admitted they will be charged accordingly.
13. If the guest becomes ill or injured, the Inn can help the provision of medical assistance or, as the case may be, to arrange for the guest to be taken to hospital, all at guest expenses.
14. Upon departing, guests are obliged to turn off all water faucets, the lights in the Inn and its facilities.
15. Smoking is not allowed in the Inn for security reasons. The Inn is equipped with fire and smoke alarms for your safety.
16. For security reasons, it is not appropriate to leave children under 10 years of age without adult supervision in the Inn or other areas on the premises.
17. Dogs and other animals can only be accommodated in the Inn on the condition that their owner proves that they are healthy and pose no health risk. Noisy animals will be refused. The breeds Akita, American Staffordshire Terrier, German Shepherd, Doberman Pinscher, Pit Bull and Rottweiler are not accepted on the premises.
18. Absolutely no swimming in river.
19. Guests are to observe nighttime peace and quiet in the period from 10.00 p.m. to 9.00 a.m. to observe the noise ordinance laws of the town of Liberty.
20. There is an outdoor barbeque provided, but please follow the rules posted for its use. Guests will not bring their own barbeque for use on the premises.
21. Unless stipulated otherwise in advance, guests are obliged to pay the prices for accommodation and other services rendered in accordance with the valid price list upon arrival. The bill is payable upon being presented.
22. Complaints by guests and any possible suggestions for improving the Inn’s activities are welcomed by the management.
23. Guests are obliged to pay for any loss or damage of Inn property caused by themselves, their friends or any person for whom they are responsible.
24. Minors under 18 years, male or female, are not allowed to stay at this Inn without being accompanied by their parents or guardians. It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of 18 to posses or consume any alcoholic beverage, illegal drugs or cigarettes.
25. Guests are obliged to observe the provisions of these House Rules. In the event that a guest is in breach of these rules, the Inn management has the right to repudiate the agreement on the provision of accommodation services before the agreed period has elapsed.
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
I'd say I almost don't wanna share about the Rolling River, it is so good, I kinda wanna keep it to myself! The house was perfect, every detail, piece of furniture, and the outdoor... I eventually never get to meet Kim, which I would have love to, but I know I'll be back, one night was way too short, and I now can't wait for my next trip!! Thanks again for everything Kim!
Had a great stay at the Rolling River Inn! Very cozy and clean, loved everything about it. Rob and Kim made the entire stay very convenient and stress-free. Would definitely stay here again.
Rolling River Inn was great. Clean, comfortable and conveniently located. Kim was very helpful and I would happily stay again.
The inn was fantastic! Spacious, really clean, great feel. They were great hosts.
The restaurant next to the inn also made for a GREAT evening.
Kim made us feel right at home in the Rolling River Inn, It is truly a lovely spot and the decor is amazing..everywhere you look a unique item catches your eye. The location feels secluded but is close to the highway for convenience. Everything you need is found inside the Inn!
We had a wonderful time at Rolling River Inn, a cozy beautiful home with a lovely garden on the edge of the woods. It was a perfect peaceful and private weekend getaway. We had the whole place just between the two of us but the house could fit 7 or 8 people comfortably.
Kim was a very hospitable host. We had an excellent birthday dinner at the cafe next door-- awesome food and service!
We will definitely be back.
My husband and I love water - this photo is on a canal in Amsterdam - so we settled in the Catskills along a river. It is a beautiful spot, not far off the beaten path. Rob is an illustrator and I am a graphic designer and together we created a restaurant, art gallery and inn. The inn is decorated with local antiques and Rob's artistic skills. There are 3 double beds and 1 single, a full kitchen and laundry, books, games, cable TV and wifi, and is yours for your stay with no other unknown guests, whether you are one, two or more. The river runs along the whole property, so there is an essence of tranquility. The restaurant and art gallery are next door for your enjoyment. We strive to support our community and share with our guests local, organic products. We also have events and live music.