About this listing
Steps from top restaurants Pok Pok Noi and Grain & Gristle, also 1856 wine and Extracto coffee. Charming 2bd with Persian rugs, wood floors, antiques. Whole Foods 5 blocks. 15 min drive/bike to downtown, SE hotspots. COOLEST NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE CITY!
Charming 1907 bungalow with wood floors, Persian carpets, antique furnishings throughout; a long covered porch; a big yard with berries and fruit trees and kale out back; and the best pour-over coffee in Portland right across the street at Extracto (easy does it!).
You'll also be 500 feet from two excellent restaurants: the renown Pok Pok Noi and Grain & Gristle, and also the very cool 1856 wine bar and taproom. THIS IS THE COOLEST CORNER IN THE CITY! I feel so lucky to live here - I think this is the ideal NE homebase for enjoying the best of our beautiful city.
5 blocks to Whole Foods. 3 blocks to the galleries, vintage shops, yoga studios, and restaurants of the awesome Alberta Arts District. Easy 10 min drive to the airport, downtown, SE Hawthorne area, or the Mississippi district. On major bus lines and a bike boulevard - I can help arrange bikes, just let me know! Families - there's a great park with a new jungle gym for kids and community garden 5 blocks away.
- No cleaning fee - thanks for caring for my home and things as though they were your own and leaving the house spotless
- Two bedrooms with queen beds
- Fast Wi-fi
- High-efficiency furnace with highest-rated air filters replaced each December and professionally-cleaned system
- Stereo with cable for ipod/iphone and turntable supplied
- Please no shoes inside - I recommend bringing slippers along!
- Washer and dryer for your use
- Ample street parking, all unlimited
Interaction with Guests
Full communication by email or phone in advance of, and throughout, your stay.
Right on a bike boulevard - NE Going St. and just 500 feet from a stop on a main bus line. Street parking is easy.
- No smoking
- No partying
- No pets
- It's a shoe-free house - please remove shoes at the door; I recommend bringing slippers
- Save energy! Please turn off lights, turn thermostat up from 62 only when you're home - 65 seems just about right - and down again to 62 when you leave and at night and on checkout; unplug appliances when not in use
- I'm mildly allergic to some colognes, perfumes, other beauty products, so please just to be safe, don't wear or use anything with strong non-natural chemicals
- Please care for my home and my things as if they were your own - please leave everything as clean and tidy as when you arrived