Our Sonoma Valley home on 2 acres of beautifully landscaped property has newly and lovingly been remodeled as our private country retreat, with every amenity and designer finishes. Located in the heart of Sonoma Wine Country a great retreat!
Our Sonoma Valley home on 2 acres of beautifully landscaped property has newly and lovingly been remodeled as our private country retreat, with every amenity and designer finishes. Located in the heart of Sonoma Wine Country, it makes for a great retreat for family, friends or small corporate groups- please take a look and see why we are in love with this home!
This private, quiet Sonoma retreat, on level grounds appealing to all ages, is reached by a long country driveway. The home has two sprawling lawns in front and back, is landscaped to bloom nearly year round. The Ledson designed home has the appeal of an English country manor with a sprawling deck in the back for al fresco meals or sunset conversation. Relax and take in fabulous, panoramic views of nearby Sugarloaf or Hood mountain peaks and surrounding vineyards.
This meticulously updated single level 2800 sq. ft. personal family residence has been recently renovated with high end finishes and is appointed with state of the art amenities including 66 inch and 60 inch Samsung HD/3D flat screen TV's in multiple rooms, high thread count linens, Frette towels in the master, custom designer furnishings, vintage pieces and original art.
Serious or casual cooks will love the gourmet chef's kitchen featuring professional grade appliances by Thermador and Bosch, a huge marble island, and designer lighting and an oversized farmhouse sink. The dining area boasts a beautiful French oak extension dining table for family meals and a small conversation nook to enjoy your morning coffee while gazing out upon the views. From the dining room enter in the huge living room with a wood burning fireplace and deep, oversized sofas for relaxing conversation. The open floorplan and multiple French doors to the deck and pool allows for gatherings of family and friends to enjoy indoor/outdoor living.
Outside, relax on the comfortable outdoor living room furniture or enjoy a family meal at the gorgeous teak dining table. Cook dinner on the charcoal grill, or light a fire in the outdoor fireplace for toasted marshmallows under the stars. Enjoy the beautiful Sonoma outdoors in the 20 X 45 solar heated pool with automatic heavy-duty electronic pool cover and built in spa, the young orchard with abundance of fruit trees, the children's play structure, the kitchen herb garden, or the large fenced-in vegetable garden filled with produce in season.
This property is a perfect getaway for family gatherings or retreats. It is surrounded by several wineries, tasting rooms & restaurants, many within walking distance of the property. Walking distance wineries and restaurants include: VJB, Café Citti, Pallooza, En Garde, Muscardini, Mayo Reserve Room, B Wise, Ty Caton, Paradise Ridge, Kenwood winery, & Figones olive oil. Many more wineries are located within a short drive (Chateau St. Jean, St. Francis, Ledson, Kunde, Deerfield Ranch, Imagery, Arrowood, Landmark, etc.)
The home has four bedrooms: one king, one queen, two twins, a queen plus a crib, and a media room with a comfortable pull-out sofa. Every room has been remodeled within the last 24 months.
The house is very kid friendly with two extra pack n plays, high chairs, lots of toys and kids' books and a child's play structure- however adults are responsible for watching their children given the risks associated with play structures and pools.
Because this is our family country home we discourage large rental parties or heavy entertaining. We wish not to disturb our neighbors in this peaceful, private area. By prior arrangement, a limited number of day guests may be considered.
The spa is accessible year round but will need ~30+ minutes to heat up (longer in colder weather). Pool is also accessible year round but it is solar heated so swimming is most comfortable May- Oct. For an additional fee of $100 per day we can heat the pool for you to your desired temperature in the off season. Full access to property except owners closet and garage which is used for owners storage.
Kenwood is a breathtakingly beautiful rural community located in the heart of Sonoma’s Valley of the Moon. Kenwood is an hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge, 70 miles from San Francisco International Airport and is located on State Route 12, designated a California Scenic Route between Sonoma and Santa Rosa, and just minutes from the charming village of Glen Ellen. Kenwood is renowned for its premium vineyards and award-winning wineries. Visitors come from all over to dine at select restaurants in this enchanting place. The beauty of this highly sought location is enhanced by spectacular mountain and valley views. In fact, the stretch of Highway 12 through the village of Kenwood with its breathtaking hilltop vineyard and valley views offers quintessential wine country scenery. Explore rambling country lanes and visit rustic family-owned wineries and vineyards. Visit some magnificent winery estates such as Chateau St. Jean with its splendid gardens reminiscent of Tuscany, and Ledson with its signature castle and dramatic grounds. Annadel State Park, Sugarloaf Ridge State Park (which includes the Valley of the Moon Observatory), Jack London State Park and Hood Mountain Regional Park are minutes away featuring miles of hiking, biking and equestrian trails Kenwood is 6 miles to the village of Glen Ellen, 12 miles north of the town of Sonoma, 16 miles to central Napa Valley (Oakville) and 26 miles to Healdsburg, the crossroads of Russian River, Dry Creek and Alexander Valleys. Kenwood is an ideal central location for touring and wine tasting in Sonoma and Napa Valley.
We can not rent to individuals or groups under the age of 25 due to
Spa is accessible year round but will need ~30+ minutes to heat up (longer in colder weather). Pool is also accessible year round but it is solar heated so swimming is most comfortable May through October. For an additional fee of $100 per day , we can heat the pool for you to your desired temperature in April or October- beyond that it is too cold to heat. Full access to property except owners closet and garage which is used for owners' storage.
Other things to note
Sonoma County TOT license number: 1589N
We can not rent to individuals or groups under the age of 25 due to liability.
You will have to sign an additional rental agreement and liability waiver in order to rent this property.
1.Smoking is not allowed.
2.Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, including, but not limited to:
a.Please remove your shoes in the house
b.Dry off before entering the house from the pool or spa; Please do not sit on indoor furniture wearing wet bathing suits
c.Clean up any spills on wood floors before they get damaged
d.Please wipe up spills immediately on the marble island, and never place anything acidic directly on the marble as it etches permanently and almost immediately (this is especially true with lemons, limes, oranges, tomatoes, etc.)
e. When eating indoors please ensure food stays in the kitchen and dining area
f. Only use appliances for their intended use
g. If using the living room fireplace, please ensure metal screen is pulled closed or sparks can fly out on the floor or furniture. Please close the fireplace doors in the living room when leaving the house or going to bed for safety
3. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
4. No pets unless previously arranged with owners
5. Do not use gas with outdoor fireplace- build it the old fashioned way
6. Swimming pool: You are required to sign the swimming pool waiver attached to this document. It is required that parents of small children supervise them at all times and that non-swimmers are also supervised whenever in the pool area. The pool is solar heated. Do not stand on the pool cover- this is for safety and insulation purposes and not designed to support a person or persons. It will break and you will be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the pool or hot tub, close cover.
7. Hot tub/Spa: No children are permitted in the spa without adult supervision. When using the spa, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at own risk.
8. Parking is limited to four vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only (in driveway near garage). Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Water and septic. The house is on a septic system. The system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. If it is found that improper material has been flushed and clog the system, you will be charged for repair.
10. Be respectful of our neighbors and please observe quiet hours after 10pm. This is also a Sonoma county ordinance.
11. Occupancy rules:
a. No gatherings/events are to be held without owner permission and are subject to additional fees.
b. Only the number of individuals listed in the inquiry/ reservation agreement may occupy the property.
c. Authorization for additional guests must be requested in advance and are subject to additional fees. Failure to obtain permission will result with the full loss of your security deposit.
12.Our home is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities.
13. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premise or others whom they invite to use the premise.