Designed by architect David Howell and artist John Houshmand, Villa Tierra Adento is a luxury, hacienda style oasis located just 7 miles outside of the world famous San Miguel de Allende. This architectural gem was recently featured in Tachen's new book "Interiors NOW II" and Architectural Record magazine.
ABOUT THE VILLA: This one-of-a-kind home features four master bedrooms, two guest bedrooms, an art/meditation studio and music room, a large open-style dining room, a wrap around living room with views of the desert, kitchen with state-of-the-art fixtures, a thermal pool with an outdoor lounge/eating area and on-site, friendly staff.
Master bedrooms feature reading areas and private baths with solid stone bathtubs. Villa Tierra Adento is fully furnished with luxury, custom made furniture, organic textiles, and examples of local art. The home's many windows provide panoramic, 360 degree views of the lush countryside.
Country style breakfast and all-day, fresh made guacamole/salsa/chips included in the price of stay.
ABOUT SAN MIGUEL: This thriving artist community is one of Mexico's top rated destinations, favored by international travelers interested in experiencing authentic Mexican culture at its finest.
• Horseback Riding
• Quad Rentals
• Mountain Biking
• Pyramid Tours
• Guanajuato Day Trips
• Hot Air Balloon Rides
POINTS OF INTEREST:
• Hot Springs: La Gruta and Escondido thermal baths.
• Sanctuary of Atotonilco: The World Heritage Site known as the "Sistine Chapel of the Americas".
• El Charco del Ingenio - Ecological reserve and botanical garden. Dedicated to the propagation of endangered species.
• Fabrica La Aurora - Upscale art and design center located in a renovated cotton factory.
• Artisans Open Air Market
• Biblioteca Pública - The largest English language library in Mexico.
• Teatro Santa Ana - Offers art and documentary films, dance and theatre performances with a great cafe in front.
• Instituto Allende - Accredited Institute specializing in the Visual Arts and Spanish classes.
• Bellas Artes - A cloister converted to a fine art school, cafe and concert hall.
My family used Tierra Adentro this spring for our parent's 50th wedding anniversary party. Our entire family from all over Mexico and America came and we had an AMAZING time!!! This house fit all of us comfortably without everyone living on top of one another. We especially love San Miguel because there is something for everyone to do in town. The kids like horseback riding, the men go golfing and me & my sisters love the spa at Rosewood. I HIGHLY recommend it!! Thanks again John!!! :)
I and my husband stayed here for our anniversary last winter. The staff was unbelievably welcoming and the landscape was breathtaking. This was a kind of second honeymoon for me and my husband - and this was a great pick for a long romantic getaway. I can't wait to go back!