About This Listing
Do you want to be in a quiet, private and safe place within Central London? And within walking distance of all major attractions? If ‘Yes’ this is for you!
There are two bedrooms in this apartment:
- If this room is not available for the dates you want please check availability of the second Airbnb room called 'Five minute walk to South Bank' click http://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/236956.
- Private double room with key-lockable door
- Block quiet and calm and safe local streets at night
- You will have your own room and door key
- Bed linen and towels are provided including extra pillows if you need
- Free Wi -Fi Internet connection
- A selection of cereals , bagels, fresh coffee / tea, fruit and fruit juice for breakfast
- A metal radiator for when it's cold and also electric fans for when it's hot!
You will be able to come and go as you want using your own key.
Two guests sleep in a double bed and a third guest can sleep on a comfortable and solid fold-out sofa-bed - the red chair in the photos!
If you are a group of 3 people please take a moment to consider:
- IT IS NOT A BIG ROOM FOR 3 PEOPLE - so it works best when you are active e.g. wanting to be out having fun in London before coming home to relax and sleep
- If you want to spend most days or evenings together in the room, you may find it too small for 3 people
Apartment space :
- THIS IS A SHARED APARTMENT! You will have privacy but the bathroom and kitchen are shared with other guests
- There are two bedrooms in this apartment Airbnb - each can sleep 3 people
- There is a bathroom and separate WC.
- There is always hot water
Interaction with Guests
You will have privacy during your stay but if you need advice or assistance I am available either in person (I live here too) or by email / text etc if I am out.
My 15 year old son spends half the week here. It is important to remember that it is possible (but not usual) that with the other guests there may be 5 other people in the apartment at the same time as you and your friend/s
This is central London zone 1 and subway stations are Waterloo and Southwark 3 minutes walk from the apartment. The streets are well lit at night and safe, for example, for women to walk on their own.
You can walk everywhere, including to:
- Bank of the South; the London Eye, Royal Festival Hall, London Aquarium, Hayward Gallery, the National Theatre and Tate Modern (within 15 minutes)
- St. Paul's Cathedral, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Borough Market and London and Tower Bridges (20 minutes)
- West End theaters, Covent Garden, the British Museum, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Downing Street (between 15 and 30 minutes)
You can walk from here to all the main attractions. As well as taxis, buses, local metro (subway), bike rental and national railway are all within 5 minutes walk.
Other Things to Note
Please note, the general price quoted is for a single person. There is an additional charge for each extra guest for each night. You must select the correct number of guests. The price you see when you select to book is the total price including any additional fees.
If you are 3 guests do carefully read the notes to you in 'The Space' section above BEFORE BOOKING
Arrival / Departure
Check in time is flexible so you can arrive at any time as long as you give me enough notice. Check out time will depends on what time any new guests are arriving. If a new guest arrives on the day of your departure, your earliest check-out time may be 8:00am. You can generally leave your luggage in the apartment if your flight or train leaves in the afternoon or evening. Let me know if you want to do this.
The apartment block is pretty quiet. Both fun loving and calm customers are welcome but it is requested that late night entrance to the apartment is quiet and respectful in case others are sleeping!
Please remember that you share the space so do not forget to clean up after yourself !
Living room - it is not available to customers
It is a non- smoking apartment. But smokers can use a lower floor the communal courtyard.
Very near to southwark station, 5 mins. The flat is at 1st floor, there has lift so don't worry if you have a big luggages. Donovan is very nice
Donovan is a very friendly host who is there waiting when I arrived at the apartment. The apartment is in a very quiet but convenient neighbourhood. It is also walking distance to all the various attraction. The apartment is well maintained and very clean.
Donovan was very welcoming! He was there when we arrived and gave us an overview of the place and the area. The directions he provided us were very easy to follow. The place is in a great location, and extremely clean. Donovan is also very helpful and willing to give suggestions of places to check out.
I had a very good stay. It is a very nice apartment, consisting of 3 bedrooms, two of which are rented. The location is perfect - 5 min. to the two tube stations, many restaurants around, safe area. Donovan was friendly and very helpful. A heathy breakfast was a nice surprise. One disadvantage is insufficient sound isolation - you can hear people walking along the corridor outside the apartment and other guests inside.
Donavan was such a great host! Everything was very professional and the room was clean as promised. The location was perfect and less than a 10 minute walk to the London Eye/Big Ben. The neighborhood was quiet but very close by some lively night life. I would definitely recommend staying here!
This host has 216 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Donovan
I am Donovan and live in central London
I work as a manager within a government department working with young people in difficulties through their behaviour and their families. I also make films for young people and run a charity which takes volunteers to Uganda East Africa and funds a microcredit scheme. This is for women who have local business ideas but no funds or ability to get a loan from a bank. I am a practicing Buddhist, a father and play lots of tennis