About This Listing
Beautiful Spanish Mansion built in 1929. A Historical Landmark. Stunning entryway with high ceilings, stained glass windows and marble floors.One acre of beautiful landscaped grounds including a six-person hot tub, Saloon and dipping pool.Sleeps 17
Stunning entryway with high ceilings, stained glass windows and marble floors. Large living room with player piano, fireplace and aviary. We have over 80 rolls of music for the piano for a wonderful evening of old fashioned Karaoke! Office with large mahogany desk with desktop computer, wireless internet and fax/printer.
Master bedroom with king size canopy bed, fireplace and large balcony with mountain views and private bath. Another master bedroom with queen bed, private bath and large balcony. Three more bedrooms, one with a queen bed, one with two full size beds, and one with one full size bed. Large walk in cedar lined closets in all of the rooms. Pillowtop or tempur pedic mattresses, most beds have 1200 thread count sheets.
Office with Queen size Murphy bed on the first floor with adjoining bath with shower. Sleeps 17.
We have a chef's dream of a kitchen, with a La Cornu double oven with 5 burners, lots of counter space and every kitchen gadget you can imagine and a beautiful butler's pantry with vintage servingware for formal dinners in the gorgeous dining room with handpainted ceilings. Formal dining room seats 14 people.
Connected to the kitchen is the cozy den with soft leather furniture and Cable TV with DVD player and a great DVD library.
Large tiled and flagstone patio with enough space to seat 150 includes an outdoor fireplace. Large stainless grill and enough tables and chairs on site to seat 20. One acre of beautiful landscaped grounds including a six-person hot tub surrounded by bamboo. Large barn converted to a game room with darts, pool table and bar. Large orange and avocado orchard and horse corral with two gorgeous, friendly horses and a dozen egg laying hens!
It's great fun to collect your own eggs for breakfast. We have 2 juicers for making your own fresh orange, tangerine or grapefruit juice. Plus a double waffle maker, crepe maker and bread maker to complete the best breakfasts during your stay. Or you can hire our in house chef to make you breakfast!
Natural rock dipping pool with waterfall. Your own private Ojai swimming hole! It is set in the middle of an orange orchard where you can eat oranges from the trees while you float around the pool. BBQ and multiple seating areas for outdoor dining by the pool. There is also a fire pit for making smores after a day in the sun.
The Mansion is on 1 acre of landscaped grounds that are walled and gated. Access to the gardens, orchards, Saloon/gameroom. Also a beautiful hidden oasis with a dipping pool and fire pit.
Interaction with Guests
I am available to check in the guests and give them a tour of the grounds and all of the amenities. I will give you a map of Ojai with a list of fun things to do in town as well as a menu guide with most of our local restaurants. I will be available to assist the guests if they need help with anything since we live nearby.
We are in the neighborhood of Meiners Oaks which is only a 1.5 miles from downtown but has at least 8 restaurants that you can walk to. Plus the Ranch House, the nicest restaurant in town is 2 blocks away. You can also walk to the Market, the local butcher shop and a bookshop among other stores in our downtown area.
You can walk to many shops and restaurants or ride a bike. There is also the Trolley which can take you downtown in a few minutes with a trolley stop a half block from the Mansion. Downtown Ojai is just 1.5 miles away.
Other Things to Note
The Saloon has a new bunkhouse with a full bed and full size pull out couch.
We will leave the vacation rental clean (dishes done and put away, furniture in its place, garbage emptied into outside green bin in second driveway) when vacating, or an additional cleaning fee will be deducted from the deposit or debited on our credit card. Please also turn off all four zones on the A/C, den, first bedroom, upstairs hall and living room.
2) We will be completely responsible for any and all damage to the Mansion or property caused by our negligence.
3) We will notify the owners of any damage upon arrival.
4) We will hold the owners harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred on the property arising out of our negligent acts or omissions. See disclaimer below.
5) We will forfeit any portion of the damage deposit that is reasonably attributable to broken, damaged, or missing items.
6) Check-in is at [3:00PM] and check-out is [12:00pm]. A late check-out is subject to extra rental charges.
7) This is not a party house, outdoor music must be off by 10pm, Jacuzzi closes at 11pm and the pool closes at 10pm.
8) Guest(s) agree that the number of occupants should not exceed 15 on the property at once and 15 on the property overnight. If the occupants exceeds original contract, written approval must be submitted, and an extra event charge will be required. You must notify us of any event you’d like to plan during your stay. If an event is scheduled without notification, you will be charged our special event rates without negotiation. No vendors allowed without permission of the owner.
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!