About this listing
The historic Bernhard Justice Bungalow is a hop, skip and a jump from downtown Bend. Private hot tub, gas fireplace, down comforters, duvets, fully furnished kitchen, 4 cruisers for rolling around town! Walkscore 88! What a great mix of old & new!
Such a charming and original (but updated) craftsman bungalow. They don't make them like this anymore! Central heat, the gas fireplace and hot tub keep you toasty in the winter. Portable A/C cools you off in the summer. There is room to spread out in the Bernhard Justice Bungalow inside and out. Go strawberry hunting in the berry patch, take a spin on one of 4 bikes provided. Bend is truly your front and backyard from this home!
The home and yard are yours to enjoy as your own.
Interaction with Guests
This home is owned with love by the Hibbard Family who live in Corvallis, Or. During your stay, this sweet vacation rental cottage is managed by A Stone's Throw Bungalow LLC and we are here to help you have a great stay in Bend! We are nearby. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions at all!
This home is very centrally located in the Nationally Registered Historic District of Bend, Oregon. Walking through this neighborhood will give you a glimpse of Old Bend in the early 1900's
This home in particular has an interesting history as it was moved from a block away over 70 years ago! This home use to be next door to what is now Jackson's Corner restaurant and grocery (a local favorite). When you visit Jackson's Corner, take a look at the play field next to it...That is where this home was born in 1926!
You are a stone's throw from everything in downtown Bend! Cruiser bikes are provided, 4 of them in fact...The Ale Trail meanders right past the bungalow. Downtown and the Old Mill (including the Amphitheater if you are coming for a concert) are a few short blocks in either direction!
Walk Score 88 "Very Walkable- Most errands can be accomplished on foot"
Bike Score 96 "Biker's Paradise- Flat as a pancake, excellent bike lanes"
Other Things to Note
Cooking oil and spices stocked in the kitchen, coffee beans too.
You are in in Bend! Be nice! Please respect this loved home as your own and do no harm to the home or neighborhood.
Please do not have more than 6 guests on the property at any time. There is a strict maximum of 6 guests in this home. Be respectful of City of Bend quiet hours between 9pm and 8am. Downtown Bend is only 3 blocks away and would be happy to host your late party. Feel free to say 'hi!" to the neighbors but do not disrupt our neighbors with excessive noise or obnoxious behaviors. We are licensed by the City of Bend (STR-15-0054) and if you are found in violation of the City of Bend's 'Good Neighbor Guideslines' you may lose you deposit and be asked to leave immediately without refund. We are serious about preserving these great neighborhoods for peaceful living and enjoyment!
All guests are required to follow the City of Bend's Good Neighbor Guidelines. They are posted for you at the Bernhard Justice Bungalow.
We have a seasonal pricing structure and do our best to provide accurate quotes via Airbnb but sometimes this does not happen. Please contact us for exact pricing. We request a 3 night minimum over holiday weekends and June thru September.
Here are the nitty gritty for the detail oriented:
1. CHECK-IN TIME is after 3pm and CHECK OUT is by 10am.
2. This is a NON SMOKING home.
3. PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED
4. RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A deposit is required. Your deposit is held by Airbnb and is fully refundable as long as these conditions are met:
No damage is done to cottage or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
All keys are left in the cottage and the cottage is left locked.
All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
No linens are lost or damaged.
No early check-in or late check out unless approved.
* BEFORE YOU DEPART, it is much appreciated if you would:
Place and start a load of dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
Place and start one load of laundry (such as towels) in the clothes washer.
Place all garbage, including pet waste from the yard, in garbage containers.
5. HOT TUB - When using any hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk. Use of the hot tub is at your own risk. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) does not recommend hot tub use during pregnancy. Persons who have high blood pressure, skin sensitivities or other medical conditions are strongly urged not to use the hot tub. If in doubt, please consult with a physician prior to using the hot tub. Observe reasonable time limits to avoid nausea, dizziness and fainting. Should you experience any of these symptoms, carefully exit the hot tub immediately. Never leave children unattended in the vicinity of the hot tub. No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the hot tub at any time. Please do not use or allow the hot tub to be used alone. No pets are allowed in the hot tub at any time. Absolutely no shoes are to be worn in the hot tub. Absolutely no candles (floating or any type) are allowed on or in the hot tub. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes only and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT STAND ON HOT TUB COVERS. They may break and you may be charged for their replacement. Please do not add any products (soaps, bubbles, oils, etc.) to the hot tub water. If these items are used in the hot tub, an additional cleaning fee will be assessed. It is recommended that no jewelry is worn in the hot tub due to chlorine based chemicals used. The chemicals in hot tubs can also affect color-treated hair and damage swimsuits. There will be no reduction in rental fees if the hot tub is unused or unavailable during the term of rental period. The hot tub must be covered and locked when not in use.
6. BIKES - Helmets and locks are provided. Please be safe on bikes and ride under control. The homeowners are not responsible for injuries or damages resulting from bike use. Bike ride at your own risk. You are responsible for damaged equipment.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The strict maximum number of guests in the bungalow is limited to six (6) persons.
8. MINIMUM STAY - This cottage requests a 2-3 NIGHT minimum stay
9. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup.
10. NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the cottage, daily housekeeping service is not included in the rental rate It can be provided, however, at an additional rate. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottage.
11. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice. We are unable to hold dates without a completed reservation.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
13. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
14. PARKING -Please respect our neighbors and use garage and alley parking. Street parking is available, though sometimes tight. If you use street parking please park along the front of the bungalow and NOT IN FRONT OF NEIGHBORING HOMES. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
15. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS - No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. We do not refund due to road conditions. Oregon Department of Transportation Highway conditions: (phone number hidden) or (website hidden)
16. THIS HOME IS PRIVATELY OWNED - The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
The BJ Bungalow is perfect. It is an adorable old home with modern touches, like a gas fireplace to get warm in the evenings and a private hot tub in the back. It is so handy to see Bend from. We hopped on our bikes and never moved the cars. The directions for how to use everything were so clear that it was easy to make yourself at home. There were beach towels for the hot tub and fluffy white ones in the bathroom. We all felt very spoiled. Thank you.
We loved the bungalow and immediately felt at home there. It is very thoughtfully put together. We especially liked touches like the availability of bikes (with helmets) and the hot tub. It's a perfect location for downtown and about a block away from Jackson's Corner an excellent breakfast, lunch, and dinner spot. We loved the bungalow so much we wanted to stay an extra night! We'd love to stay there again the next time we visit Bend.
What a sweet house in a great neighborhood! Perfect location if you want to discover the fun areas Bend has to offer! Very nicely decorated with comfortable beds. The hot tub was a plus!!!
Our family - 2 adults and 2 teens - had a fantastic stay in the BJ Bungalow. The house is as pictured, if not nicer. We enjoyed the bikes, the front porch, and the hot tub. We were thankful for the brand new washer/dryer, nice bathroom products, and coffee beans! Any questions we asked about the house were answered promptly. The location was also fantastic - many great places in walking distance - which are all mapped out in a house guidebook. One of our favorite places, Jackson Corner, was one short block away. We have already recommended BJ Bungalow to our friends!
Amazing! We had a great time- the house was perfect. Everyone loved it, great location, perfect backyard, kitchen and bedrooms. Thank you!
Super cute bungalow so close to downtown Bend. The house was just as described!
The house was very nice and came with bikes! It was a 5 minute walk to downtown bend - a very good location!
This host has 71 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, A Stone'S Throw (Diana & Chris)
We live in Bend and love hosting guests in these vacation homes! We enjoy Central Oregon living and you can find us skiing/snowboarding and nordic skiing up at Mt. Bachelor in the winter. Summer you can find us mountain biking and floating the river when it's time for a cool down. We hope you will enjoy your time in Bend as much as we do! We live in Bend and are happy to suggest restaurants and activities if you have any questions...Enjoy...
Diana and Chris
A Stone's Throw Bungalow LLC | Westside homes in the heart of Bend