About This Listing
The apartment is in the center of the attractions 1&1/2 blocks to beach exactly at posto 5, about 10 minutes walk to Ipanema beach posto 9
- In case this apartment would not be available, i might have other available apartments in the very same area . The actual rates are for single stay, each additional person is $17 more per day.
- New year's 10 days' package deal is USD 3640 up to six people. Carnival's 10 days' package deal is USD 4200 up to six people. You can stay less time but you still have to pay the same package deal.
- This Copacabana beach apartment adjacent to Ipanema has a telephone line to receive any calls and make local calls for free, WiFi Internet & cable TV, 24 hour doorman service, efficiently & fully air conditioned.
- Ultra stylish, beautiful, newly renovated up to American standards, 1 king size bed, 2 queen size beds, 1 queen size bunk bed, 1 maid's room with 2 small beds, 3 bath rooms, quality linen, washing machine, ironing board, WiFi, cable TV, fully equipped kitchen, DVD & CD player, stereo surround sound system, 1&1/2 blocks to beach exactly at posto 5, about 10 minutes walk to Ipanema beach posto 9.
- The apartment is located in the center of the attractions and happenings in Rio de Janeiro 1&1/2 blocks to metro station General Osorio. Nearby restaurants are open 24 hours, clubs, shops and supermarkets are just around the corner.
- I have Alex my usual taxi driver, he can wait for you and pick you up at the airport to make a smooth check in to the apartment. His fee is 100 reais for up to 4 people (the waiting for your arrival and the ride to the apartment).
- When you arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Alex the driver will call Mrs. Rose my assistant, she will be in the apartment to greet you and give you the keys. She is a lovely lady and can help and advise you in any situation, also can help you for booking trips and visits in the touristic Rio de Janeiro, knows the best Bureau of exchange etc. If i am in Rio we can hang out and show you some lesser known unique sites of Rio.
- Details of the exact address, also Ms.Rose's phone numbers will be given to you after you made your booking through Airbnb.
Have fun and enjoy Rio all the way.
All the amenities of the apartment. There is a parking place for a car in the building.
Interaction with Guests
Yesterday i invited all of my guests to the beach to have Caipirinha.
The best neighborhood in the historic Rio de Janeiro.
The Metro station is 1&1/2 blocks walk from the apartment to the subway station.
Other Things to Note
You can find more idea on my rioresidence.
Treat the apartment as if it would be your own home. Be considerate. Respectful conduct and proper dresses are expected inside the building in the lobby, hallways, elevator, etc.
- Only discreet music after 10pm, definitely no noise parties, celebrations in the apartment just civilized conversation, no shouting for preserving the tranquility of sleeping neighbors.
- When you have the air condition on, keep all the windows closed otherwise you loose the cooling effect of of the system.
- Don't overload the washing machine because it wont wash your cloth and it can break down.
- People have tendency to put a lot of cloth in the washing machine to save money, effort, energy and time, they are wrong, it does not work like that, the washing machine will break down and your cloth stays dirty.
A great option for the no frills traveller for sure.
On arrival we accepted (and I recommend you do too) Alex the driver to pick you up at the airport as just jumping into a random cab if you don't speak the language/don't know your way around. His fee is about double what you'd pay in a cab but to avoid any stress/hassle, worth it. After our time there we felt we knew our way around enough, we elected to take a normal cab back and it only cost 60 Reals.
Upon arrival at the Apt we were met by Sra Rose - a lovely woman with a plethora of knowledge about the local area. She was extremely helpful having a locksmith show up immediately due to the front door lock not working, she fixed one of the AC units and also provided a plunger to sort out the main bathroom in the toilet - remember Brazilian toilets don't like paper so head this warning if you don't want to have to clean up a mess :)
The place is very safe in spite of some folks' comments about the favela across the street - if you leave the locals alone, other than an occasional pan handler asking for spare change, you shouldn't have any issues.
The location is ideal if you want to use it as a hub for everything Rio has to offer. 2 of the bedrooms have large beds (a queen and a king I believe), the 3rd has 2 double bunk beds which was pretty cool, and the 4th bedroom is the maids quarters with two single bunk beds and has an adjacent toilet in the shower.
In short, the place is in a great location, plenty of good food spots near by and very comfortable.
I would definitely stay here again not only for the apt but for the efficiency of Pierre getting back to me promptly whenever I had questions, and Sra Rosa being so attentive and helpful.
Obrigado Pierre e Sra Rose!
The apartment is nice and spacious, in a very central location. One block away from Copacabana and 10 min walk to Ipanema. Taxis are easy to get, and there are lots of places to eat around the apartment. Will definitely go back again!
La estadía en el apartamento fue en general buena. Rose nos espero cuando llegamos y muy amablemente nos hizo el recorrido por la casa. El tamaño realmente es el adecuado para nuestra familia que somos 7 personas. Al inicio tuvimos un pequeño inconveniente ya que en diciembre en rio hace mucho calor y 2 de los aires acondicionados no funcionaba pero Rose nos ayudó con el tema y lograron arreglar los aires. Es de gran ayuda contar con ella. El apartamento tiene su portero las 24 horas del día y esta situado a solo 2 cuadras de la playa de copacabana y como a 15 minutos caminando de la de ipanema, muchos lugares de comida y mercados cerca. Si bien queda cerca de una favela solo hay que tener cuidado como en todo rio ya que hay policia casi todo el tiempo en la entrada de la misma. Si van con niños como fue nuestro caso el televisor de la sala es el unico que esta funcionando, esto es un poco incomodo si tienen a los niños con la costumbre de dormir viendo tv. No es un apartamento de lujo pero tiene todas las comodidades para poder sentirse a gusto en rio y la ubicacion es bastante céntrica. Recomendamos el servicio de taxi del sr Alexis, fue muy amable y estuvo puntual al momento de nuestra llegada y de nuestra partida.
En general es un buen apartamento sobre todo en la relación precio valor y el equipo de trabajo conformado por Pierre, Rose y Alexis son de gran apoyo.
Prima appartment! Great size with 3 well-sized bedrooms, livingroom and bathrooms. Everything ran smoothly with the overtaking of the appartment. This is definetly our first choice for our return to Rio(which surely will happen). Thanks a lot Pierre & Ms. Rose.
Excelente!! Sabíamos de lo bueno que iba a ser Río, pero sinceramente no sabíamos que nos iba a ir tan bien, la sra. Rose fue muy amable y diligente, el apartamento está en excelentes condiciones, mejor ubicación al lado de una estación de metro y muchas tiendas de comida, licor y enseres
Pierre was a fantastic host and he made sure our stay at his apartment was superb. He arranged to have transportation for us when we got to the airport but we took the bus to his place instead. He was easily accessible via email and we talked on the phone a few times before we arrived in Rio just to go over details. Pierre was so accommodating which made our stay really nice!
His apartment is super convenient to everything in Copacabana and a short walk to Ipanema. The building is secure with a posted guard on duty 24-7 and there's a markets and very good restaurants on the block. I highly recommend the coffee shop a block down to the right and one block to the left in the direction of the beach. Coffee and breakfast is fantastic!
The apartment itself is spacious and has everything that you would need. We asked for a hairdryer and Rose (Pierre's friend who takes care of the apartments) brought one for us. The jacuzzi was a huge plus especially after a long day walking and being lazy on the beach.
Pierre was a fantastic host. His communication was excellent from the time we made our initial inquiry and right through tour our 2 week stay. He even took us for a welcome drink at the beach when we arrived! The apartment was great, fantastic location, only a block and a half to Copacabana beach. It had everything we needed and there was plenty of space, even with 9 people. An unforgettable 2 weeks in Rio, having this apartment as our home was a big part of it. Thanks Pierre.
This host has 53 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Pierre
Rio is my love with its beautiful people on the beach, streets, shopping malls, art galleries, museum. Love the night life, its restaurants, clubs. I spend my time between Rio de Janeiro and Paris. When i am in Rio i am happy to go out with my guests and show them some hidden parts of the city. I am a musician playing the flute. You can find my music Vivaldi's Revenge or Bach in Blue by Pierre Saint-Denis, in stores and on the net. Here i am playing with various musicians and also with ballet dancers.
In Rio you don't need to go to movies the City offers the best movie on Earth. Come to visit me and we'll enjoy it together all the way.