Cosy farmhouse situated in a totally private location where you can relax and enjoy a tranquil rural setting in the heart of the country. With spacious grounds and farmland / forestry access to enjoy!
Barbersfort Farmhouse Manual
The 3 bins in the kitchen can be used for:
1. non-recycleable rubbish (black)
2. recycleables (yellow) - plastic containers, milk cartons, toilet rolls, tins, drink cans, glass etc.
3, compostable food waste (green) - fruit/veg peelings, teabags, egg shells, kitchen roll etc (but no cooked food/meat or
bones - this is rubbish).
When these are full:
1. non-recycleable rubbish - please put in black bin liners and store in garage in black dustbin.
2, recycleables (yellow) - please put in green drum in garage.
3. compostable food waste - please put in green composter behind wall; if this full please put in green bags in garage.
Ensure light switch is on outside bathroom. Boiler does not need to be on for shower hot water.
Making a Fire
Both fireplaces can be used for an open fire.
Either turf/wood from the garage can be used.If more wood is needed you can get more from the shed.
The easist way to start a fire it to use firelogs simailar to what was provided (just need to light these).
Please dont make the fire too high in case the chimney catches fire!
Please ensure the fireguards are placed in front of the fireplaces especially at night after use.
The waste ashes can be placed in the metal bucket in the garage. If this gets full you can just spread the ashes around the
green space beside the house where the apple tress are.
Central Heating/hot Water
The oil boiler has been set to turn on 8-9am and 6-8pm each day for both heating and hot water.
For heating outside these hours, just turn the boiler on in the back kitchen by setting the 2nd switch from 'timed' to '24HR'
The temp can be adjusted with a control beside this switch.
**** Please turn off when not required especially when you are out and overnight ****
For hot water only outside these hours you can turn on the immersion heater which is a switch to the right of the boiler on
the wall. Just move switch to 'constant' and a small orange light should light.
**** Please switch back to 'timed 0n/off once water is heated to turn off (about 15min for normal use). ****
(NB. Shower does not need to have either boiler or immersion heater on).
Ensure the light switch to the right of the cooker is lit when using the appliance.
Please can the fridge freezer be firmly shut at its easy to leave it a bit ajar.
Ensure the light switch above the washing machine is on when using the appliance.
Both Tvs just haave Irish domestic channels (RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TNG4)
The TV in the lounge has a DVD player attached.
The router should be on in upstairs double bedroom (should say connected on LED display - if not please restart).
You should be able to connect wirelessly from any enabled device.
Network SSID is Barbersfort (password is also barbersfort).
BBQ is in the garage.
BBQ tongs etc are in the backkitchen cupboard under the sink.
Outdoor table is in the garage.
Outdoor chairs are in the shed.
Walking in fields / forestry.
Please take care when climbing over gate to walk in forestry area.
Care should be taken as the ground is uneven in places.
Please wear suitable footwear and clothing especially when the weather is wet.
Please close farmgate on returning.
Please can outside lighting be switched off when retiring.
Please contact me in case of questions/problems
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Irish mobile)
+(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (UK mobile)
**** What to do around Galway/Mayo ****
heres just a few ideas for seeing things within Galway/Mayo.
1. Croagh Patrick - strenuous hill climb - drive to westport (1 hour drive from farm). - 3-4 hrs up and down. Amazing views.
(have to pay for parking).
2. Connemarra National Park - Diamond Hill - Great hill walk - 3 hours up and down - Amazing views - free to enter/park
3. Clifden Sky Road drive (amazing views), Kylemore Abbey, Leenane, Innagh Valley,
both 2 and 3 are all in connemarra (to get there Tuam, then Headford, then Cong).
You could maybe do all in one daybut need early start! some amazing drives and views in connemara.
4. Ashford Castle in Cong - lovely village. lovely grounds, nice forestry around Cong. Just park in Cong and walk around the
village and to the Caste which is now a luxury hotel
5. Lovely Abbey near Abbey village that noone ever goes to. (2 miles from farm). get to it from N63 just down from the
6. Ross Errilly Friary - interesting abbey in Headford
7. Red gap pub is pretty good in Barnaderg. Great pubs / night out in Galway city.
Barbersfort farm is a really special place, totally private with rabbits, foxes, livestock and birds in abundance. The farm is a wildlife oasis with sheep and 23 acres of forestry to enjoy. Its especially lovely when the weather is good and you can see Croagh Patrick in the distance on a good day!
My son Paul and daughters Louise and Anna help me with organising bookings so the chances are you will be dealing with them.
I hope you will enjoy staying there as much as we do!