About this listing
Comfortable, charming, uncluttered house with all the modern amenities, bikes, sur(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)oards and other toys. Easy walk to the beach and the boardwalk.
This adorable, lovingly-maintained, Westside 40's bungalow is located in a central yet peaceful neighborhood. Ideally located on the corner of Bay & Lighthouse, it’s a short walk to: Cowell’s Beach, Steamer Lane, the lively Municipal Pier and the ever-entertaining Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Take one of our beach cruisers for a short bike ride Downtown, to Mission Street, New Leaf market, the Harbor and beyond. You'll never need to get into your car.
Our well-appointed, but simple home was recently renovated - adding modern amenities while maintaining it’s retro feel. For a small house, the two bedrooms, kitchen and living room are all quite spacious with loads of natural light. The sunny kitchen is great for entertaining and is outfitted with new appliances, good knives, and stocked with basic supplies like olive oil and spices. The master bedroom has a wonderful King size bed, work desk, task chair, and an iMac. The larger second bedroom has two double beds. If more bedding is needed, we keep a deluxe Aero bed in the closet as well as a Pack ‘n Play for infants.
Note: This is not a party house, must be 25+ to rent.
Interaction with Guests
The property is a large lot with two houses on it - the owners (Brit & Alan) live in the back. The homes are separated by a stucco wall, covered in greenery, providing great privacy for both houses. For the most part you won't even know we're there. We occasionally cross paths on the driveway which is a good opportunity to make sure the guests are comfortable and answer any questions about the house or the area.
Exhibit A: RENTAL RULES (may result in loss of security deposit - please read)
1) Must be 25 years or older to rent.
2) No noise after 10pm. Any noise complaints will forfeit the security deposit. This is a home in a quiet neighborhood. Guests must be respectful of our neighbors and abide by local ordinances.
3) People other than the registered guests may not stay overnight in the property. The maximum number of people allowed on the property at one time is 10 (including registered guests and visitors). Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the “Guest”.
4) Parking is limited to two off-street (uncovered) vehicles in driveway. Street parking requires a permit during high season weekends (May thru September). Any illegally parked cars are subject to fines/towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
5) Guests must completely vacate the property by the 11am check-out time. Late check-outs will be charged $50 for each additional 30 minutes.
6) Please see check-out list. Excessive mess will result in deductions - according to our housekeeper.
7) Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service, but occasional service can be arranged at the renters expense.
8) As owner/operators we do not have a full time staff and we may not be available at all times. We ask our guests to be somewhat self-sufficient and use the instructions provided to answer most of their questions. In the case of urgent repair or attention we can usually be reached by phone.
9) No smoking.
10) No pets - even with visitors.
11) Fireplace: Is NOT operational and the chimney is capped. Please do not attempt to burn anything in the fireplace.
12) Water and Septic: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. If feminine products have attempted to be flushed, and clog the septic system, you could be charged for repairs.
13) House is privately owned; the “Homeowner” is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The “Homeowner” is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
14) Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless the state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations. The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation we will refund:
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
-Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
From May 27 - Sep 5, 2016 the minimum stay is 5 nights.