Guest room close to Beach + Acropolis in a brand new renovated spacious apartment at only 250 meters from the beach.
Located in one of the safest and upscale areas in Athens with easy 24/7 transport to/from airport and Pireaus port and city centre.
Large, modern, comfortable, air-conditioned and clean double room with brand new Queen size (160x200cm) bed/mattress, balcony with some sea view, parquet, desk, in a spacious entire floor 160m2 (1725 sq ft) apartment in a nice upscale neighborhood next to the beach and close to the city center.
Go to the Acopolis and all the other sites in the morning and finish the day having a swim at the beach!
This room is also perfect if you travel to/from the islands as it is strategically located between the airport (45 min) and port of Piraeus (15 min). The express shuttle bus between Athens Airport and Piraeus port (which operates 24/7) is around the corner at just 450 meters so no complicated and time consuming transfers to/from the apartment.
You will be able to catch your early morning ferry from this location!
5 Star (100%) overall guest satisfaction!
This room can accomodate a total of 3 persons of which 1 can sleep on an Airbed (100x200cm) and has its own (small) bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
Looking for a larger room? Have a look at my other listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/80989 which is at the same location.
Includes a complimentary breakfast. Choose from a selection of coffees and teas, Greek Yoghurt, Greek honey, fresh orange juice etc and enjoy on your balcony which has nice morning sun and side sea view.
- Private small bathroom with shower, sink & toilet
- Your room has a balcony with sea view (side view).
- The fully equiped kitchen is available to prepare your complimentary breakfast and/or light meals and contains oven/microwave, hotplate, blender, toaster, grill and a fridge stocked with some food and drinks.
- If you want to stay in feel free to watch TV on the 40 inch screen in the living room.
- Washing machine and dryer (against a small fee) .
- High speed internet connection (Wi-Fi).
- Private parking space (ask for availability)
Interaction with Guests
I will greet you, give you keys and help you get settled in your room and give you the essentials of the neighborhood and the city.
Then will be in and out of the apartment and guests interaction will depend on my schedule and off course the guests desires. It ranges from long chats, to friendly greetings in passing.
Palaio Faliro is one of the safest and most upscale and green areas of Athens and its location right next to the beach won't make you feel you're in a big city although it's just a 25 minute tram ride to Athens Syndagma square.
- Within 5 minutes walking distance you will find supermarkets, bakery, tavernas, travel agent where you can book your ferry tickets, tram- and bus-stops, banks, pharmacy, etc.
- The promenade and beach is at the end of the street (250 meters/5 min walk) and the Alimos Kalamaki Marina is at 15 minutes walk.
- At the local beach there are Tavernas and, during summer, a beach bar with sun beds and umbrella's. Many more beaches (paid and unpaid) can be reached either on foot or a few short tram stops away.
- At a 20 min walk you will find the Flisvos Marina famous for its super-yachts and sea-side restaurants and cafés.
- Going there you will pass the local open air cinema where during summer nights you can watch a movie and enjoy some typical Greek food under the stars.
- The fashion-conscious Glyfada (also called the Beverly Hills of Greece) with its upmarket cafes, well-known restaurants, boutiques and cosmopolitan summer clubs like Balux is just a 15 min tram-ride away.
- There is an excellent 24/7 direct express connection to/from the Airport so no worries about late or early arrival or departure times.
The airport express bus has a stop at just 450m from the apartment.
- The city center with the Acropolis and all the other tourist sites is only 25 minutes by tram (or 10 mins by bus/car) from this location. The tram stop is at 5 minutes walk from the apartment and runs from around 5am until 1:30am.
- Close to Pireaus port (10/15 mins) so you will be able to catch your early morning ferry from this location!
Other Things to Note
After booking I will send you detailed info on, and a map of the neighborhood and general info on Athens attractions.
Extensive info on public transport to/from airport, Piraeus port, bus stations for long distance buses etc. is also included so no time waisted on finding your way.
A city guide and maps of Athens are available to use during your stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any question and I will be more than happy to assist and help you making the best of your stay!
I have a 100% Response Rate and will always try to get back to you as soon as possible.
I like you to enjoy your stay with as little as rules as possible. There are just a few I would like you to respect though:
- Please note that as this is a quiet residential area you are expected to respect your neighbors so no loud music or parties or anything that might upset neighbors.
- This property is non-smoking but you can on the balconies.
- For everyones convenience access only allowed for booked guests
Initially have some difficulties locating the keys to the apartment with the owner's instruction. Otherwise the neighborhood pretty quiet for a good night rest and walkable distance (around 10 minutes leisure pace) from the nearest city tram and bus stop. Room is clean and neat upon arrival with ample information given by owner to move around the vicinity.
Heerlijke kamer met eigen balcon en eigen (kleine) badkamer/toilet. Openbaar vervoer en het strand bevinden zich op een steenworp afstand. We werden vriendelijk welkom geheten en alles werd goed uitgelegd. Ontbijt voor de volgende ochtend was ook prima geregeld. Grigori weet iedere gast op zijn/haar gemak te stellen.
The place is nice and clean. Gregori is friendly and prompt to answer any query you have. You are close enough to the sea and it takes only 20 minutes by tram to get to the city center. Grigori upgraded us to a new, full appartment which was kind of him. Internet was not working well at the time but I am sure, given how prompt he is to answer queries that this will be fixed sooner rather than later
Grigori is by far one of the best hosts I have ever had. I highly recommend him if you are planning to travel to Greece. He is very welcoming and if you have any questions about the area he is more than happy to answer them. He gives you suggestions as to things you can do while spending your time there and explains how to get to certain places whether it be by bus and or train. If I ever plan to return to Greece, I will definitely want to rent a room out from Grigori again. The bed is very comfortable and the room is very spacious and clean. The bathroom is also very clean and spacious. There is no complaint towards the living space that he provided me with. He also provides a nice breakfast in the mornings, which is also a plus. :)
Grigori was one of the best hosts a traveller could ask for! His place was beautiful and the location could not have been better. A two minute walk to the beach and a 15min tram ride to the city center, it was great for traveling all day and coming back to a relaxing Greek environment. Grigori was so nice and helpful with providing detailed information about everything and anything Greece. His hospitality was greatly appreciated and was super informative about traveling around, eating authentic Greek food, and the best islands to take a day trip to. If you plan on coming to Greece, definitely stay here!
Grigori's place is truly an oasis in busy Athens! It is spotless, simply but beautifully furnished, spacious, and peaceful. Everything was wonderful down to the details-- the towels smelled good, the pillows were nice and fluffy, a little bowl of sweets sat in the room on arrival. I wish I could take Grigori's apartment back with me! Grigori was very kind, friendly, and patient with all my questions about Athens and what to do around Greece. He gave great travel suggestions and was very thorough with his directions. The self-serve breakfast he provided was more generous than what I had at a hotel elsewhere in Greece. The location is super convenient to the tram as well as to the airport bus, and it was so nice to be just a few blocks from the ocean. If I ever come back to Athens I would definitely love to stay here again! Thank you Grigori!
Ik heb een zeer aangenaam verblijf gehad 10 dagen lang bij Grigori. Een hele fijne, aardige en rustige gastheer die er alles aan deed mij welkom te laten voelen. Het huis was superschoon en in een prachtige buurt om de hoek bij het strand. Ook zijn uitleg over de stad en alle boeken over Athene die hij in huis heeft, maakten het geheel een heel plezierige vakantie! echte aanrader!
This host has 97 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Dutch-Greek national living in Athens for the last few years and love having sunshine and nice temperatures all year round, living close to the beach but still having the busy city center at just 20 minutes distance.
Working as a manager in the customer service industry and love to meet people from all over.
I'd love to welcome you and give you the inside scoop on Greece and the Greeks so don't hesitate to ask for tips and assistance!
I am a GLBT-welcoming host.