About This Listing
Charming apartment in the most charming neighbourhood of Madrid, La Latina (Old Town), a stone through away from the Royal Palace and Plaza Mayor. Before booking, please read the info re check in times in the House Rules section.
The apartment is on the 4th floor WITH LIFT of an architecturally interesting building (declared as such by the town hall of Madrid), overlooking southest, so the house is very sunny and bright. We’ve put a lot of energy in making it a cozy home where you can feel at home from the very first moment.
There is a double bed in the bedroom (queen size 150 cm wide) and a sofa bed for other 2 people (140 cm wide) in the living room.
The apartment is composed by:
* A living room with stylish decoration. Spacious sofa and 32”TV, A/C, dining table that fits comfortably 4 people and 2 balconies with lots of light
* Kitchen is semi-open plan to the living room (communicated through a window) and fully equipped with anything you need to cook and eat, including the stove, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher and refrigerator.
* 1 Bedroom with a super comfy double bed accompanied by their bedside tables and lamps and separate wardrobe.
* A spacious bathroom with a nice and comfortable bath tub and lots of natural light.
* Wi-Fi is also available during your stay, how not ;)
* Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
Of course, fresh linen and towels are provided, as well as iron, etc. If you think there is something missing, we'll be happy to have your feedback in order to continue improving the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
At your arrival one of us will be there to greet you and give you a bunch of information we've prepared to make your stay smooth, pleasant and most enjoyable. And we're available at any time during your stay, even for a drink:)
La Latina is one of the most genuinely authentic neighbourhoods in the city of Madrid. It is located in the centre, and its mediaeval streets are arranged around the squares of La Cebada and La Paja.
The streets in this neighbourhood are an illustration of the most popular side of Madrid. This district is much frequented by locals thanks to its numerous bars, pubs and traditional taverns full of character in streets such as Cava Baja, Cava Alta and right in the squares of La Cebada and La Paja. Additionally, every Sunday the neighbouring streets are home to Madrid's famous El Rastro open-air street market.
This neighbourhood today is on the site of what was Madrid's first urban walled enclosure in the Middle Ages, and even now some remains of the defensive wall which originally surrounded it can still be seen. In the past this area was mainly occupied by artisans and manual workers, and the squares of both the Plaza de la Cebada ('barley square') and the Plaza de la Paja ('straw square') were home to busy markets selling farm produce and fodder respectively.
The location of the apartment is perfect to visit Madrid without even having to use our good public transport network. It is super central. Actually, within 15 minutes walking you can reach all the main spots in the city: Gran Via, Sol, Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace, the museums Prado and Reina Sofia , the Retiro Park, the Rastro and La Latina, etc.
But in any case, the nearest metro stops is La Latina (line 5 - 5 minutes away). For sure, you won't have problems to move around from here.
These are the walking distances to some landmarks:
- Plaza Mayor Square: 10 min
- Plaza de la Paja: 1 minute
- Cava Baja and its bars and restaurants: 3 minutes
- Sol Square: 10min
- Opera Square&Royal Palace: 7 minutes.
- Almudena: 5 minutes.
- Shopping at Gran Vía Avenue and Callao Square: 12 minutes.
- Relax at Sabatini Royal Gardens: 7 minutes.
- The museums' area: 15 minutes
Other Things to Note
Bookings are only accepted through the Airbnb website; feel free to contact us with any questions. You'll get the exact address, directions to get to the apartment and tips for Madrid once you've made your reservation!!
• Check in time is set at 4pm and means the time at which the apartment will be ready for your use, at the latest. However, if you arrive earlier to town we can meet you from 11am at the apartment (free of charge, is just a courtesy to our guests) to drop luggage and get the keys, so that you can start exploring Madrid right away. Between 2pm and 4pm we might not be available to meet you, since we go back home to cook and eat, but should you arrive on this gap, we can recommend you some nice place to have your first meal in Madrid.
• We can also meet guests at night, but in that case we charge a late check in fee of 15 euro from 9 pm until midnight and 25 euro after midnight. If you plan to arrive after 1:30 am we won't be able to meet you (obviously if your flight is delayed we'll wait for you!!), but if you have a really late flight we can't wait up so long....
• Unless you have agreed otherwise with us, check out must be before 11am. Can you leave the keys in the entry and close the door.
• Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Garbage shall be disposed of in the gray bins that you will find next to building door every day from 8pm, so remember to take out the trash the night before! We'll really appreciate that!
• Please do not leave dirty dishes and try to leave the apartment as you found it.
• If something breaks during your stay , do not wait for us to discover that once you're gone. We understand that accidents can happen, but we do not like such surprises.
• Elderly people, children and working people all live in the building; please be considerate. No parties or noise allowed from 22h or at any time of the day in public areas of the building (hall and stairs) . When you are on the stairs we request you to speak in a low tone please, as if it would be your own building. Any complaints from neighbors will be immediately notified to you and to Airbnb and you'll be requested to leave the apartment.
• We like the fresh air, so you can not smoke in the apartment.
• Only people who have booked can sleep in the apartment. Visitors shall also be notified.
• According to the Spanish legislation, we are obliged to inform the police of the identity of all the people staying at the apartment; therefore, at your arrival we'll need to see your passport. Not that we are very enthusiastic of the idea, but rules are rules....
Bra bemötande (Vanessa välkomnade i lägenheten vid ankomst). Lägenheten är mycket fin: gott om utrymme, ren, tyst, personlig. Läget i Latina-kvarteren är idealiskt både för att vistas i och som utgångspunkt för vidare utflykter i Madrid. Rekommenderas varmt!
We loved staying in this appartment. The location cannot be better, very close to Palacio Real, Plaza Mayor and Sol, walking distance to all recurrent spots. The building is lovely, the appartment is big, beautifully decorated, very well equipped. The hosts left us maps and travel guides. 100% recommended. I would definitely stay here if I come back to Madrid.
Wonderful apartment, exactly as described. Everything is within walking distance and the neighborhood is quite lovely. The hosts are very communicative and helpful. Highly recommended.
Elena was an excellent host with clear instructions and also very helpful with local information regarding where to go in Madrid. The apartment is extremely well appointed ,very clean and extremely well located.
The apartment was in a fantastic location and quite close to the centre. The apartment itself was well furnished and comfortable for the two of us and the hosts left us lots of information for our stay. I would really recommend it!
Great location and clean apartment. Good internet connection
This host has 1010 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Oscar&Vanessa&Elena
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa studies drama and theatre production and management. However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: in 2012 Vanessa traveled to Greece with her backpack and Oscar spent a few months working in France. Last summer Oscar repeated the French experience while Vanessa explored Malaysia during a month and a half.
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens (each of us has one). We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!
Vanessa & Oscar