About this listing
Gig Harbor, Washington
Fully furnished Accommodations Daily, weekly, monthly.
Nestled on 4 Beautiful Acres
Ideal for: Business Traveler, Visiting Family, Vacationing, Visiting Academic,Medical
Convenient - inviting - comfortable- relaxing - clean
Tired of hotels? Looking for safe, comfortable affordable lodging?
If you're visiting the charming Gig Harbor area and are in need of accommodations, try one of our our private comfortable upper level studio apartments on four peaceful acres. Tastefully decorated awaiting your visit. Fully Furnished including luxurious linens & towels just bring your toothbrush.
Private outside entrance
WiFi Internet service available for your laptop
Lovely personal Private Deck
Washer and Dryer available
Barbecue & Fire Pit
Close to shopping, some of Washington's most beautiful parks! Easy access to freeways. Golf courses, Gig Harbor has an array of Fine Dinning establishments.
Close to St Anthony's Hospital
No Public Transport you will need a car.
Other Things to Note
During the 2015 US Open at Chambers Creek we will be implementing a 7 Day Minimum stay.
Rental Agreement Policies
Kelly Munk (Owner) and Guest agree as follows:
This Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date written below by and between the undersigned person(s) (the “Guest”) and the undersigned owner, pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
1. Rental Agreement. Kelly Munk (Owner) & the Guest identified above is an adult and will be an occupant of the Property during the entire reserved period. Other occupants may be family members, friends or responsible adults; Guests under the age of 21, must be accompanied by an adult. Access to the Property will be denied to anyone who is not a registered Guest. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, violation will result in immediate expulsion from the house without refund.
2. Occupancy/Conduct of Guests. Guest agrees that no more than [Max Guests agreed upon] shall be permitted to stay in the Property at any time during the Rental Term.
Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this Agreement.
The Property is not for parties, nor gatherings at any time of anyone except, those who have paid to stay there. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
No shoes to be worn in property!
Quiet hours are to be observed after 10pm. If there is any excessive noise or music, illegal activity or evidence of violation of any Guest policies you will be asked to vacate the premises and no refund will be given.
3. Check In / Check Out. Check In is any time after 4:00PM Please advise if after 8:00PM.Check Out time is 10:00 AM; prompt checkout is appreciated so we can prepare for our next guests. An early arrival and/or later departure time may be possible but must be confirmed one week prior to arrival, - please check with us if you require either. Please leave keys on dinning table.
4. Smoking is prohibited Inside. If there is any tobacco smell in the Property there will be a $500 fee charged to Guest's credit card, as well as any additional associated cleaning costs.
5. Security of the Property. Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property. When you rent the Property, you assume responsibility for it and its contents, as well as any of your personal property in the unit during your stay. Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and Owner shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
Always lock the doors and windows when you leave and leave outside lights on. The keys are changed on a regular basis for security. $20 fee will be charged for each lost key.
6. Cleaning/Housekeeping/Supplies. Each house is inspected, sanitized and cleaned before your arrival. Housekeeping services are not provided on a daily basis with your rental but an ample supply of kitchen & bathroom housekeeping supplies are provided so you may do your own cleaning during your stay. Guests shall keep the Property in a clean and sanitary condition at all times! Strictly no shoes to be worn in property!
We strictly recycle – Garbage goes up on Sunday’s Garbage receptacles are beside my garage
-Sort all burnable & cardboard - bag separately to burn, place by recycle.
-All cans, plastic and newspapers - place in large grey bin.
-All rinsed glass, no need to sort – place in glass bins. Thank you!
Depending on Rental type: Short Term or Long Term: Different policies are in place! Please fully read and understand. Any questions please ask for clarification.
Short Term: Rental Check Out Procedures: Under 21 days: The rental fee you have paid will provide for normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your stay up to the last moment. You are expected to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it. Make sure all dishes are cleaned and put away; appliances left clean & wiped down, perishable food items removed from the refrigerator and all items returned to their original location. Please start washing machine with all sheets, and leave all used towels in the laundry room on the floor. The unit should be generally, picked up and ready to be cleaned and sanitized for the next Guest. All trash must be removed and placed in correct trash receptacles.
If additional cleaning is required appropriate charges will be made; additional cleaning is considered anything beyond finishing laundering linens and towels, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, and putting away clean dishes.
Long Term: Rental Check Out Procedures: 21 days plus
You are expected to leave the home in the same general condition that you received it by making sure that:
•All closets, cupboards, laundry room & kitchen are clear of personal belongings & rubbish.
•Please return all items to their original location.
•Make sure all dishes, pots and pans are cleaned and put away.
•All appliances are cleaned, Fridge, stovetop, microwave, sink and coffee maker. Including all countertops. Please wipe out oven. Do not self-clean!
•Lavatory, shower, mirrors and sinks are cleaned.
•Linens started in washer, all used towels in laundry room. If office bed was used, all clean linens folded on bed please.
•Please take all trash & recycle, including bathroom trash bags, to trashcans by my garage.
•Place the keys on the dinning table.
•Please make sure that you have set up mail forwarding.
If additional cleaning is required appropriate charges will be made to your credit card; or not refunded from your deposit.
Additional cleaning is considered anything beyond finishing laundering linens and towels, remaking beds, sanitizing bathrooms, and putting away clean dishes.
A generous supply of paper and cleaning products for bath and kitchen are provided with each unit.
7. Furnishings and Supplies: The property is fully furnished including linens, pillows, blankets, & towels. The kitchen is fully equipped with pots, pans, dishes, and silverware.
There are full laundry facilities, including an Iron and board.
Tea & coffee are also supplied.
8. Television/DVD/Computer. The home offers a High Definition Television and Comcast Digital Cable with On-Demand. We offer Comcast Digital Gold Service, as well as a DVD player for your enjoyment
9. Repairs. All Cottage contents are kept in good working order. The Property is rented in “as is” condition. Owner shall use their best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as Internet access or cable TV. Please immediately inform us of any needed repairs, we will address your concerns as soon as possible. No amenities are guaranteed. No refunds will be issued due to malfunctioning equipment
10. Damages & Guest Liability: Guest agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Guest or Guests guests, including, but not limited to misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished, landscaping etc. Guest grants Kelly Munk, Owner. The right to charge the credit card number provided or withhold security deposit, for Guest for any damage charges to property during the guests stay.: If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, Tenant agrees to reimburse Owner for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
11. Risks/Safety/Decks/Balconies: Guest hereby acknowledges that the property they have reserved includes a decks and balconies. Guest is fully aware that the patio/deck can be dangerous, & the patio/deck/ can be slippery when wet, and that injury is
likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. There may be conditions in and around the Rental Property that may pose hazardous, to Guests, Visitors and Children. Owner does not assume any liability or responsibility for any injuries occurring during your stay with us. The undersigned Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved. Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on or near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
12. Hold Harmless: Kelly Munk, Owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to Guests, their invitees or their personal property. Owner does not accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing, nor will Owner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by Guests negligent or intentional conduct, weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond their control.
13. Additional Terms and Conditions: The undersigned Guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Kelly Munk, Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her Guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Kelly Munk, Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, Kelly Munk’s successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
14. Entry & Inspection: Owner reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Owner has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Agent may enter the Property without advance notice.
15. Pet Policy: A guest must have written permission to bring a pet into the Property. If Guest has been granted permission to bring a pet, Guest gives Kelly Munk, Owner permission to charge a non-refundable pet fee as agreed upon to their credit card. This fee includes up to one additional hour of cleaning. Any additional cleaning or repairs/replacement of furnishings required due to occupancy of the pet will be charged to the credit card given by the Guest for deposit on file with Kelly Munk, Owner.
No pet shall be unattended in the Property, unless crated! No pet will be allowed to wonder! Pet shall only be allowed on Back patio unless leashed and accompanied by the owner!
If you have had a Pet accompany you, extra care needs to be taken cleaning! All drapes need to be free of Pet hair. All Pet waste removed from back patio. Vacuum all Persian rugs and damp mop all wood floors, with ‘Bona’ wood floor cleaner, please empty vacuum.
If it is found that there are more pets or different pets than agreed to on the premises or if complaints come from neighbors about excessive noise due to the pets, Guest may be asked to vacate immediately with no refund.
If Guest has not been given permission to have pets on the premises and there is evidence a pet was in the unit there will be a $500 fee charged to Guest's credit card as well as any additional cleaning and sanitizing costs associated with removing all pet dander so that future guests with allergies can stay there. This may include but is not limited to carpet and upholstery shampooing with a special sanitizing cleanser, cleaning of all drapes and blinds, changing out furnace filters, extra cleaning to remove all pet hair from walls, baseboards, and wall mounted heaters, and the laundering of all linens including mattress pads, bed skirts, comforters, and throw pillows.
16. Forgotten Personal Items: Owner is not responsible for any personal belongings left at the Property. If after checkout you request I search the Property for a forgotten belongings and the items are found, I will return them by mail C.O.D. with a service charge of $25.00. Items found and not requested to be returned within 30 days after departure will be discarded.
17.Default: If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest’s belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred
18. Additional Charges Possible: Additional charges are possible for missing items, excess cleaning, replacement or re-keying of locks, damage done by pets, additional occupancy, sanitizing charges due to smoking or having pets while in the unit.
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
My husband and I had the good fortune of staying at Kelly's place while visiting family in Gig Harbor. Kelly was very pleasant and accommodating while also respecting our privacy. The room is just as the pictures portray, comfortable and cozy. Don't plan to cook a big meal here but for coffee and a little something in the toaster oven or microwave it's great. The deck is a perfect extension of the living space. We enjoyed spending our mornings and evenings overlooking the beautiful property. We felt like we were out in the country yet charming downtown Gig Harbor was just a short drive away. It was so much nicer staying at Kelly's than in a hotel!
Once again, a wonderful, peaceful stay. The private deck was perfect for the warm evenings. When we arrived late, everything was ready including an extra fan for the unusually warm weather. Kelly invited us to pick fresh blueberries and tomatoes from her abundant garden. She is a thoughtful and generous host. We hope to come back next year.
We had a wonderful and relaxing time at Kelly's beautiful apartment! The space is exactly as pictured on Airbnb - it is very clean and has everything you need for a comfortable stay. The best part is the lovely deck from which you can enjoy your breakfast among the evergreens! Kelly was a great host - very friendly and very responsive.
This apartment is about 15 minutes from Gig Harbor's waterfront, but with the tall trees and long drive, you feel like you are in a secluded retreat miles away from the worries of everyday life. I highly recommend it for anyone looking to explore the Puget Sound-area.
Kelly was so very welcoming and friendly during booking and arrival! The Upper Level apartment was nicely furnished, and so cozy and comfortable. I felt as if everything was considered in the space with the guest in mind.
The apartment itself was peaceful for sleeping, and the little cooking area was nicely stocked with tools and pans for light meal prep. The property is beautiful and peaceful. I SO enjoyed meeting the resident dogs, and being able to see them from time to time.
I plan to recommend the apartment and Kelly to anyone considering a trip to the area. This was such a comfortable and homey experience. Thank you Kelly!
Kelly & the dogs met us when we arrived and instantly made us feel welcome. The apartment was everything & more the listing said it would be. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great value and great location & we would love to stay here again when we travel back to Washington state.
Kelly greeted us nicely once we arrived and showed us around.
The apartment is accessed through an own staircase and has an own balcony with chairs, a table and an umbrella.
The unit itself is exactly as shown in the pictures and fully fulfilled our needs for the stay. The kitchenette was nice to make coffee in the morning and toast bagels etc.. We did not use it for more.
Kelly had nicely left us some fresh eggs in the fridge when we arrived.
The directions are accurate, but the first time you drive there you have to see that you do not miss the driveway off the street.
The unit does not have an air conditioner, but there are several fans available as well as multiple opening windows that allow to let out the warmth in the evening.
Absolutely wonderful experience. The beautiful property, the fresh eggs in the frig., the private deck, the privacy from the hosts (yet very available if needed). We were more than impressed with the accommodations. The down comforter was welcomed and the windows to open if needed. Wished we could stay for a month.
This host has 27 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Kelly
Originally from Zimbabwe, grew up in England and the US, have lived in Washington State 30 Years.
I also run a successful Wedding Cake Business 'Tortes n Tarts',providing Tantalizing European Wedding Cakes in Gig Harbor and surrounding areas.