About this listing
The Studio is located on the last floor of a 500 years old building on the Grand Canal where the main entrance is, about few meters from the public water bus transportation and about 10 minutes walk from the railway station. It is small (about 25 sqm) very bright, and with a stunning rooftop view.
It is still my touch base in Venice. Far from perfect, it is a place I call home in Venice, where I do some work and live when I happen to be there.
It will give you a feeling of real Venice life.
The apartment was for many years my home and atelier. Now I live in Zurich and my family and I decided to rent it for short periods of time so to be able to use it as a home / studio for ourselves. I am an architect and I travel a lot. My hart beats for many places, one of these is surely Venice.
This is my philosophy of hospitality: live and work anywhere, but possibly in the most beautiful and comfortable places in the world. This is what I believe my apartment and the city of Venice can offer.
The apartment is located in the attic of a building of the XVI century. It consist of two independent units. A small one and a bigger one that I rent separately.
This description fits the unit that I call 1, the smaller one, which I believe is an ideal place for a couple. It is not big but it is very nice and intimately cozy in the sense that there is only one open and bright living environment that contains a kitchen, library, a toilet with shower and desk in front of a nice view over Palazzo Labia and the Venice rooftops.
Personally, I find it a perfect place to work and focus on a specific project if you are alone and a romantic nest for short periods of time for a couple.
The building stands on the Grand Canal, fifteen minutes walk from the train station, 20 from Rialto Bridge and next to the vaporetto stop named S. Marcuola. It is not far from the famous Ghetto and it is just off the beaten tracks. Cannaregio is the name of the area of the city where it is located. This is one of the most lively are of the city: restaurants, fruit street markets, and little shops are typical of this area. The building has a monumental entrance and a courtyard with a private well, typical of ancient Venetian palaces. The strategic location allows to move without the need to take the vaporetto each times (a ride cost 5€ per person).
Clean bed sheets and fresh towels will be provided as well as all you need to land and feel welcome in a new home: coffee, milk, sugar, and minimum amount of food you can have when you wake up hungry after a long trip.
Together with the facilities described above I always leave a bottle of prosecco in the fridge to welcome my guests in Venice and introduce them to the Venetian lifestyle.
- IT IS ABSOLUTELY FORBITTEN TO TROUGH ANYTHING IN THE WC EXCEPT PLAIN TOILET PAPER: CONDOMS, TISSUES, OR ANY OTHER STUFF WOULD PUT IT PUT OUT OF ORDER. IN THAT CASE, I WILL NEED TO ASK FOR IT'S REPLACEMENT.
- The apartment is on the top floor, this means that thunderstorms are particularly noisy. For this reason, you should always close all windows when you leave the house to prevent wood flooring damage by sudden storms.
- The washing machine can be used. But not later than the 9 pm (building regulation).
- The garbage must be brought downstairs and left in front of the back door not later than 8 am. PLEASE RECYCLE! (worldwide and city regulation – times and modality will be communicated on site).
- It 'absolutely necessary to close the doorways to avoid unpleasant discussions with the other tenants of the building (building regulations).
- You can not bring pets.
- No smoking.
- Do not trough anything into the sinks nor into the WC.
- Check in and check-out must be agreed from time to time with my friend and colleague Luca, who manages check in and check outs.
- The meeting point is the vaporetto stop of S. Marcuola.
- LATE CHECK-IN: after 20.00 you need to provide AN EXTRA € 20 for Robin's late hours work. AFTER 23.00 the EXTRA FEE WILL BE ABOUT 40 € to be payed directly to him. ( I WOULD PREFER TO AVOID THIS BUT LATE CHECK IN MIGHT ACCOR).
- It's very important to be careful not to close yourself out of the house with the keys inside: you would be locked out!
- You must provide a copy of a valid identity card to be delivered to the authorities as required by Italian laws.
- Please leave the apartment tidy.
This host has a Moderate Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 7 days of the trip and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, as well as a full refund of fees.
I am an architect 'sbagliato' as only a Negroni can be: the right mix of the wrong stuff. Principal at Conceptual Devices (
The space I rent in Venice used to be my home and office when I was doing my PhD in Urban Design. Now my office and my life is mostly in Zurich, Switzerland. Althought I still want to use the space sometime, you know: workshops, mini sabatics, art and architecture biennales... in other words I want to keep it as temporary studio for special public or private occasions. Not bad, Hah?
So I need to keep it alive and bring not accosianal tourists in the magic city of venice.