About this listing
The apartment was for many years my home and atelier. Now I live in Zurich and my family and I decided to rent it for short periods of time so to be able to use it as a home / studio for ourselves. I am an architect and I travel a lot. My hart beats for many places, one of these is surely Venice.
This is my philosophy of hospitality: live and work anywhere, but possibly in the most beautiful and comfortable places in the world. This is what I believe my apartment and the city of Venice can offer.
The apartment is located in the attic of a building of the XVI century. It consist of two independent units. A small one and a bigger one that I rent separately.
This description fits the unit that I call 1, the smaller one, which I believe is an ideal place for a couple. It is not big but it is very nice and intimately cozy in the sense that there is only one open and bright living environment that contains a kitchen, library, a toiler with shower and desk in front of a nice view over Palazzo Labia and the Venice roof tops.
Personally I find it a perfect place to work and focus on a specific project if you are alone and a romantic nest for short periods of time for a couple.
The building stands on the Grand Canal, fifteen minutes walk from the train station, 20 from Rialto Bridge and next to the vaporetto stop named S. Marcuola. It is not far from the famous Ghetto and it is just off the beaten tracks. Cannaregio is the name of the area of the city where it is located. This is one of the most lively are of the city: restaurants, fruit street markets, and little shops are typical of this area. The building has a monumental entrance and a courtyard with a private well, typical of ancient Venetian palaces. The strategic location allows to move without the need to take the vaporetto each times (a ride cost 5€ per person).
Clean bed sheets and fresh towels will be provided as well as all you need to land and feel welcome in a new home: coffee, milk, sugar, and minimum amount of food you can have when you wake up hungry after a long trip.
Together with the facilities described above I always leave a bottle of prosecco in the fridge to welcome my guests in Venice and introduce them to the venetian lifestyle.
- IT IS ABSOLUTELY FORBITTEN TO TROUGHT ANYTHING IN THE WC EXEPT PLAIN TOILET PAPER: CONDOMS, TISSUES, OR ANY OTHER STUFF WOULD PUT IT PUT OUT OF ORDER. IN THAT CASE I WILL NEED TO ASK FOR IT'S REPLAICEMENT.
- The apartment is on the top floor, this means that thunderstorms are particularly noisy. For this reason you should always close all windows when you leave the house to prevent wood flooring damage by sudden storms.
- The washing machine can be used. But not later than the 9 pm (building regulation).
- The garbage must be brought downstairs and left in front of the back door not later than 8 am. PLEASE RECYCLE! (worldwide and city regulation – times and modality will be communicated on site).
- It 'absolutely necessary to close the doorways to avoid unpleasant discussions with the other tenants of the building (building regulations).
- You can not bring pets.
- No smoking.
- Do not trough anything into the sinks nor into the WC.
- Check in and check-out must be agreed from time to time with my friend and colleague Luca, who manages check in and check outs.
- The meeting point is the vaporetto stop of S. Marcuola.
- LATE CHECK IN: after 20.00 you need to provide AN EXTRA € 20 for Luca's late hours work. AFTER 23.00 the EXTRA FEE WILL BE ABOUT 40 € to be payed directly to him. ( I WOULD PREFER TO AVOID THIS BUT LATE CHECK IN MIGHT ACCOUR).
- It's very important to be careful not to close yourself out of the house with the keys inside: you would be locked out!
- You must provide a copy of a valid identity card to be delivered to the authorities as required by Italian laws.
- Please leave the apartment tidy.
Lovely small apartment with a great view over Venice. We enjoyed staying there and also the location of the apartment is very convenient.
Nous avons séjourné dans cet appartement durant la première semaine du mois d'août et nous avons noté des points positifs et négatifs.
POINTS POSITIFS :
- L'appartement est idéalement situé, les lignes 1 et 2 de vaporetto se situent en bas de l'appartement (très pratique).
- Un supermarché se situe tout près de l'appartement (Coop).
- Le hall est charmant et très agréable, l'appartement est mignon.
- La cuisine est fonctionnelle et pratique.
- L'immeuble est calme et, bien qu'il soit situé près du grand canal, ouvrir la fenêtre n'est pas un problème, l'environnement n'est pas bruyant.
- Les premiers petits déjeuners sont offerts : brioche, confiture, beurre, café...
- La personne qui nous accueille sur place (Ida) est agréable et arrangeante.
POINTS NÉGATIFS :
- Il n'y a qu'une seule possibilité d'aération (la fenêtre) donc l'air ne circule pas : la chaleur est donc extrême dans l'appartement, en été.
- De plus, l'aération de la salle de bain (VMC) ne fonctionnait pas lors de notre séjour ce qui a rendu l'évaporation de l'eau très difficile et lente après les douches. L'air de la salle de bain après la première douche est très lourd et presque irrespirable.
- La porte de la salle de bain ne se ferme pas correctement (si vous n'êtes pas en couple, cela peut être embarrassant).
- L'eau chaude met très longtemps à arriver (peu gênant l'été mais à noter si séjour en hiver).
- Un velux est situé en hauteur, on ne peut pas l'ouvrir et il ne possède pas de volet : la lumière rentre donc dans l'appartement dès 6 heures du matin et nous réveille. Nous avons été obligés d'acheter des masques de sommeil !
- Une clim est présente dans l'appartement cependant elle est très bruyante (interdiction de la brancher la nuit!) et ne rafraichit pas vraiment l'air (à moins d'être devant l'appareil!).
- La nuit, la chaleur est très étouffante dans l'appartement et la forte présence de moustiques ne permet pas d'ouvrir la fenêtre pour rafraichir la pièce, malgré l'utilisation de différents anti moustiques (prise et spray). La seule solution que nous avons trouvé est d'acheter une moustiquaire (très difficile à trouver à Venise et coûte 30 euros!!) car il est absolument impossible de dormir la fenêtre fermée en plein été, malgré la présence d'un ventilateur.
Malgré ces nombreux points négatifs, Venise est une ville très agréable et nous y avons apprécié notre séjour.
A RETENIR POUR UN SÉJOUR EN ÉTÉ : prévoir une moustiquaire et des masques de sommeil pour profiter de cet appartement !!
Me and my cousin stayed at the appartment for a whole week.
We really enjoyed our stay in Venice, and the appartment!
The apartment is located on a good spot, right next to a water buss stop.
The appartment had everything we needed and was a good size for 2 people!
The room was on the fifth floor, so it got very warm there during day time.
The air conditioner was pretty loud, and the window had to be open for it to work, so mosquitoes can get in really easy during night time. We solved it by using a mosquito net over the window every night!
The shower had very week water flow, so it took time to shower :)
The internet stopped working a couple of times, but this problem was fixed right away!
The appartment is on the top floor, and there is no elevator... So if you don't like walking up stairs every day, this is not for you.
Other then that everything worked like promised, we got the keys very easily and we're able to ask for help about anything:)
All in all, we enjoyed are time so much and got to experience Venice in a very cool way, from a really nice area!
If we ever go back, we we'll most likely stay there again :)
The apartment is perfectly located and is very similar to the photos. I stayed for a month and enjoyed every moment. I really felt like a home way from home. Beautiful sunset from the little window. Grazie Ida and Antonio. Hope to be back one day.
Everything is fine! The meeting, the apartment, location, and of course Venice! the apartment is not big, but very comfortable, quiet and equipped with everything necessary. Beautiful views! Vaporetto stop 20 meters. Supermarket 100 meters. Recommended!!!!!!
We were welcomed by Ida who was lovely and very helpful. The apartment is located at the last floor and there is no elevator. For those who do not fancy walking up flights of stairs, this is not an apartment you should be looking at. The neighbourhood is extremely convenient and everything is within walkable distance, even if it takes some time.
The apartment has everything you need. It comes equipped with all the amenities as advertised. It can get pretty stuffy and warm during the summer. The airconditioning helps but it is rather loud and occasionally, hot air blows out for a while instead of cold air.
Overall, this place is recommended.
Ida, the contact in Venice was very efficient and welcoming, she was extremely helpful, especially when we lost the keys one night! The apartment is substantial though more of a student flat than might be desired. A lot of stairs and air-co is a necessity in the warmer weather. Lucky for us it was not too warm because the air-co was so loud it would have been difficult to sleep. Best to discuss that before booking. The bathroom is the shower so one necessary improvement would be the presence of a squeegee for facilitating the drying of the floor. We won't mention the problems with the toilet itself but also make sure its working well before booking.
This host has 86 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Antonio
I am an architect 'sbagliato' as only a Negroni can be: the right mix of the wrong stuff. Principal at Conceptual Devices ((website hidden)).
The space I rent in Venice used to be my home and office when I was doing my PhD in Urban Design. Now my office and my life is mostly in Zurich, Switzerland. Althought I still want to use the space sometime, you know: workshops, mini sabatics, art and architecture biennales... in other words I want to keep it as temporary studio for special public or private occasions. Not bad, Hah?
So I need to keep it alive and bring not accosianal tourists in the magic city of venice.