Located on the edge of the historic Eau Gallie Art District with tree-lined walks to parks and pier and two miles from Melbourne's beautiful beaches, this cozy house has a privacy-fenced backyard, security-fenced front, and lovely shady oak trees.
This is a cozy 2 bedroom, 1 bath house that can comfortably accommodate up to four people, (more with the inflatable bed or couch(es)). The kitchen is stocked with cookware and dishes and the bathroom has the basic amenities. We have a privacy-fenced backyard and security-fenced front. Our pet policy is that there is an additional $150 non-refundable pet deposit.
You'll have full use of the house, the kitchen is fully equipped, including dishwasher, cookware, dishes, and some condiments, cooking oil, etc., bathroom with soap, shampoo, hair dryer, iron with ironing board, towels, and washcloths, desk, queen-size bed, stereo, 49" TV in the living room and a smaller one in the bedroom w/cable, and shares a washer, dryer, 2 bikes, privacy-fenced back yard, security-fenced front yard, fire pit, and patio area with guest(s) that may or may not be staying in the studio apartment.
Interaction with Guests
I'm not usually on the property, but I stop in fairly regularly when I'm in town, as I keep my truck and trailer there for my tree service. I'm usually reachable by phone for questions or tips. Just leave a message if I don't answer and I'll get back to you ASAP.
This house is on the outskirts of the quaint and historic Eau Gallie Art District, home to many art outlets, the Foosaner Art Museum, the Rossetter House Museum, other historic buildings, a really nice library with computers and wi-fi overlooking the scenic river and free public fishing pier, a restaurant/tiki bar next to the pier that has good food and live music daily, other restaurants, shops, and the Intracoastal Brewery, all within a few blocks walking distance. There's a Saturday farmer's market on Highland Av. near Eau Gallie Blvd., a community indoor basketball court, and several parks and recreation areas within walking distance. There is a nice dog beach only two miles away, as well.
There are bus stops within a block of the house. Just about anything you could need is within walking distance.
Other Things to Note
I'm in the process of revamping the yard into a permaculture paradise, so please excuse the incompleteness of it as we progress toward this goal.
We make every effort to offer an extraordinary value to our guests. Part of doing so is accounting for cost differentials. Not to over-state the obvious, but the cleaning fee only pays for a certain amount of cleaning time. If, upon your departure, it takes more time to return the unit to its original condition, (when you checked in), than the cleaning fee allows, or if you take or permanently stain towels or washcloths, (or anything else), with make-up, etc., additional fees will apply.
Please NOTE: Failure to adhere to House Rules may result in additional charges.
1. Melbourne is semi-tropical and prone to mosquitoes and all kinds of bugs. We do not have screen-doors. There are screens on the windows, so open them if you want, (see "WARNING" in house manual before opening them), but please keep the doors closed so the bugs stay outside.
2. When coming back from the beach, please THOROUGHLY rinse off all the sand and dry off before coming inside, (don't forget to take a towel with you to dry off).
3. If you smoke, please do it outside and dispose of the butts properly, (in the big green garbage cart).
4. If you use the dryer, please dispose of lint in the big green garbage cart. The cart is outside and to the right, as you're facing the washer and dryer.
5. The cart with the yellow lid is for recycling only. See house manual for what can be recycled.
6. If you use the fire pit, please scoop up your ashes after they cool down and put them in a bag and dispose of the bag in the big green garbage cart. Make sure all windows to the house and studio that may be exposed to the smoke are closed before starting the fire. You may use the bark and wood scraps in the can next to the fire pit for a small fire.
7. Behind the studio is my work zone, so please avoid this area.
8. Please do not put any of our stove burners on HIGH heat. The highest you should ever need is about half-way, (5 or 6, at most). You will ruin our pans if you go higher. The ONLY time high heat should ever be used is to boil water, and even then, you would not put an empty pot on a hot burner, you would have water in it.
9. Dishes should be cleaned, dried, and put away, upon departure.
We enjoyed staying at Steve's cosy apartment. The garden adds great chill ambience. Apartment had everything we needed. We liked his place much better than any hotel. Area around is great for a walk and having a snack and a drink. beach is in 10 min drive. Steve was easy to communicate with, very responsive and provided good guidance for getting around.
Steve was very accommodating making our stay very comfortable.
He was easy to contact and answered any questions we had. House was clean and offered all the amenities needed for our 6 day stay.
Kitchen was fully equipped with everything you will need.
We never made it to Steve's place due to unforeseen circumstances but Steve himself was a pleasure to work and I highly recommend him as a host!
I contacted Steve several times both before and during our stay about various issues. He always responded promptly and was gracious about allowing us to change our schedule to accommodate our son's flight arrangements. We were disappointed with the neighborhood, but the location did work well for us being close to a beautiful dog beach, a nice park for our grandson and my mother-in-law's memory care facility.
Had a great time staying in Melbourne. The house was perfectly situated for a surfing weekend. The Florida weather helped too. Has a great yard and walkable to everything you need. Would definitely come back!
We had such a great time in Melbourne and Steves place was the icing on the cake! Comfortable bed, walking distance to great food and drinks, a great location! The fire pit was an added bonus in the evenings :) thanks a million, Steve, you'll see us again soon!
This was the perfect place for us. It had what we needed to enjoy ourselves for a long weekend. Steve was kind and thorough with his description of how to enjoy the place.
This host has 117 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Arborist, Permaculturist, Environmentalist, occasionally lovingly accused of being a hedonist (I like my play time, but actually have a strong work ethic), Surfer, Engineer, Florida transplant operating my tree service in several locations, nation-wide. Many and varied interests. Aspiring for continual improvement and excellence.