About this listing
Located on the edge of the historic Eau Gallie Art District with tree-lined walks to parks and pier and two miles from Melbourne's beautiful beaches, this cozy house has a privacy-fenced backyard, security-fenced front, and lovely shady oak trees. Pet-friendly: $150 pet fee must be applied manually, so please let me know if you're bringing a pet. Guests that book for a month or more can receive bi-weekly cleaning, included in the listed price.
This is a cozy 2 bedroom, 1 bath house that can comfortably accommodate up to four people. The kitchen is stocked with cookware and dishes and the bathroom has the basic amenities. We have a privacy-fenced backyard and security-fenced front. Pet-friendly: $150 pet fee applied manually because the website doesn't automate that, yet, so please let me know if you're bringing your pet so I can apply the fee. Guests that book three weeks or more can receive bi-weekly cleaning, which is included in the listed price.
You'll have full use of the house, the kitchen is fully equipped, including dishwasher, cookware, dishes, and some condiments, cooking oil, etc., bathroom with soap, shampoo, hair dryer, iron with ironing board, towels, and washcloths, desk, queen-size bed, stereo, 49" TV in the living room and a smaller one in the bedroom w/cable, and shares a washer, dryer, 2 bikes, privacy-fenced back yard, security-fenced front yard, fire pit, and patio area with guest(s) that may or may not be staying in the studio apartment.
Interaction with guests
I'm not usually on the property, but I stop in fairly regularly when I'm in town, as I keep my truck and trailer there for my tree service. I'm usually reachable by phone for questions or tips. Just leave a message if I don't answer and I'll get back to you ASAP.
We strongly recommend setting your AIRBNB ACCOUNT to send you a text, (or at the very least, an e-mail), when you receive messages on the website. We will probably not be around to help you check in, so this line of communication can be vital, not only to get you the door code, but also in case any other issues come up. This is especially true for our international guests. I don't have an international calling plan, so if I miss an international call, I can not call the number back. However, when I get your voicemail, I can respond via the website.
Other things to note
I'm in the process of revamping the yard into a permaculture paradise, so please excuse the incompleteness of it as we progress toward this goal.
We make every effort to offer an extraordinary value to our guests. Part of doing so is accounting for cost differentials. Not to over-state the obvious, but the cleaning fee only pays for a certain amount of cleaning time. If, upon your departure, it takes more time to return the unit to its original condition, (when you checked in), than the cleaning fee allows, or if you take or permanently stain towels or washcloths, (or anything else), with make-up, etc., additional fees will apply.
Please note: Failure to adhere to House Rules may result in ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
1. Central Florida is semi-tropical and prone to MOSQUITOES and all kinds of bugs. We do not have screen-doors. There are screens on the windows, so open them if you want, (unless it is labeled “DO NOT OPEN”), but please keep the doors closed so the bugs stay outside.
2. When coming back from the beach, please thoroughly rinse off all the SAND and DRY OFF before coming inside, (don't forget to take a towel with you to dry off).
3. If you SMOKE, please do it outside and dispose of the butts properly, (in a garbage can).
4. If you use the DRYER, don’t forget to clean the lint filter and dispose of any lint properly, (in a garbage can).
5. The cart with the yellow lid is for RECYCLING, only. Please see the House Manual for what can be recycled. The big green can is for garbage. The smaller can is for metal, only, (as written on the duct tape). They are located to the right of the laundry closet, (if you’re facing the washer and dryer).
6. If you use the FIRE PIT or GRILL, make sure all windows to the house and studio, which may be exposed to the smoke, are closed before starting the fire. Please do not throw anything into the fire, other than wood or charcoal, (no bottles, caps, cigarette butts, etc.). You can use the bark and wood scraps in the can next to the grill for a small fire. If that can is empty, let me know. I may be able to provide more.
7. Behind the Studio deck and fence is my WORK ZONE, so please avoid this area.
8. Please do not put any of our STOVE burners on HIGH heat. The highest you should ever need is about medium heat, (5 or 6, at most). You will ruin our pans if you go higher. The ONLY time high heat should ever be used is to boil water, and even then, you would not put an empty pot on a hot burner, you would have water in it.
9. We keep a HAMMOCK stored in the carport that you may use. There are hooks hanging around the two trees just outside the back patio you can use to hang it. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is hung safely. Please hang it back in the carport when you are done using it so it does not collect leaves and get weathered.
10. UPON DEPARTURE: dishes, cookware, etc. should all be left clean, everything should be turned off, all the doors, windows, and gates should be locked, and lock the keys back in the lock box.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 212 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Arborist, Permaculturist, Environmentalist, occasionally lovingly accused of being a hedonist (I like my play time, but actually have a strong work ethic), Surfer, Engineer, Florida transplant operating my tree service in several locations, nation-wide. Many and varied interests. Aspiring for continual improvement and excellence.