SUPERHOST!! Gorgeous apartment in the heart of Capitol Hill impeccably decorated & cleaned. 2 Queen bedrooms and gleaming bathroom. 5***** Star Reviews for 5 straight years!!
Check out this incredible apartment and you will not regret it. We have thought of those tiny details that will make your stay worry free. This beautiful and immaculate haven is for those with discerning taste and a high standard of cleanliness. It will comfortably accommodate up to 4 people. The apartment is on the lower level of our 1907 home lovingly renovated by my husband and I. It is a fully enclosed apartment with a separate entrance and is completely private and serene. We are conveniently located on a quiet street only one block behind (east) Broadway.
-The fully stocked kitchen was lovingly renovated by us very recently with all the comforts to make it easy to cook and clean up. Tea & Coffee are included.
-Amenities include: dishwasher, in unit front load washer/dryer, microwave, oven range, large fridge with ice-maker, espresso/latte machine, toaster plus all the usual things you would expect.
-Dining table seats up to 4 people
-You will love the open style living space. Kick back on the Italian leather sofa and watch TV or DVDs, or just enjoy the beautiful contemporary surroundings. There is also a stereo radio with line-in input.
-We have provided a collection of books and magazines to help make your stay more cozy and informed.
-Both bedrooms have a queen size bed and brand new furniture. Plenty of storage in the provided closets and dressers. Comfortable mattresses!
-The 1st bedroom has a Queen bed with a memory foam mattress.
-The 2nd bedroom has a Queen bed with memory foam mattress. Also an ironing board and iron are provided in the closet.
-The immaculate bathroom is stocked with plenty of clean towels and washcloths. Hairdryer, soap and shampoo included.
Access to everything in the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
I will personally check you in or you can help yourself and use the lock-box. I am available as much or as little as you please!
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Capitol Hill is the heart of Seattle - it doesn't get any better than this - 1 block away from everything from bus stops, restaurants, banks, coffee shops, clubs, bars, movie theaters, parks, a library & a 24hr grocery store.
Capitol Hill is a walker and bicyclist paradise!
This neighborhood has a Walkscore of 97!
There is so much to do in a 3 block radius.
Shopping, Dining, Parks, Movie Theatre's, Entertainment and Nightlife are everywhere!
For drivers, our home is minutes from I-5 and I-90. There's tons of easy public transportation around - we are within 1 block of 8 different bus lines, and within a few blocks of a handful more.
Parking is not included in the rate.
We are a 15 minute walk to downtown/convention center.
We are a 5 minute walk to Seattle Central Community College.
We are a 15 minute bus ride to the University of Washington.
We are a 15 minute walk to Seattle University.
Easily accessible from SeaTac Airport via light rail and bus lines.
Other Things to Note
Parking is available on the street. We can provide a permit that you hang in your car and park anywhere in the vicinity. The parking permit (for residential parking only) is available upon request with a cash deposit of $80 (fully refundable upon return of permit). Otherwise there are some parking lots near by that do charge fees. Make sure to check posted signs. Parking can be difficult in our area especially during nights, weekends and during special events.
*Ceiling height is approx. 6.4" (193 cm)
No Animals (even service animals)
This is a Smoke free and Animal free Residence!!
PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. CHECK-IN is at 4 PM - CHECK-OUT is at 11 AM -PST-
NO Early Check-In or Late Check-Out unless arranged in advance with Host.
2. This is a NON SMOKING house.
3. This an ADULT ONLY vacation rental. We accept only guests over the age of 16 years old (absolutely no exceptions)
4. PARKING - We ask you NOT to PARK in ANY of the driveways.
5. The COUCH is NOT to be used for sleeping on AT ALL!
6. I will not rent to vacationing students without a chaperone over age 30
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - The maximum number of overnight or occupancy at any given time is limited to four (4) persons. While we encourage the use of kitchen and dining area for guests, we discourage large social gatherings or activities involving a lot of noise.
8. OCCUPANCY - I would like to be informed in advance about any change of guest occurence at any given time during the reservation. This includes, but is not limited to additional guests moving-in or the guest amount changes, or guests decide to leave early and to give their reservation to additional or different persons, or of new move-ins or move-outs.
9. Please do not wear shoes inside the house - This an important rule that we kindly ask you to respect.
10. Keep the doors and windows locked when you are out.
11. Quiet Hours are 10PM – 8AM. This is a residential home primarily owner occupied. Please keep voices, televisions, and radios at an acceptable level at all times.
12. $20 Extra cost per person after 2 guest applies to all persons.
13. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rent includes a one-time linen-towel setup.
14. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is NOT included in the rental rate
15. RATE CHANGES – Once confirmed and agreed upon the rates per the rental invoice are firm.
16. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. If guests have already checked-in the same rule applies.
17. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved via email by Owner in advance.
18. Force Majeure: Host may suspend or terminate the rental agreement/contract as a result of a force majeure event, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, elements of nature or acts of God, health issues, or social or political disruptions that prevent Host from fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement.
19. Indemnification by Renter. Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold Host harmless
from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs, attorney fees and other expenses incurred by Host in any manner from this rental transaction, including claims of, or liabilities to third parties.
20. Personal Property. Host is not responsible for any damage to, loss of or theft of any personal property, whether the damage or theft occurs during or after termination of the rental duration regardless of fault or negligence. Renter acknowledges and agrees that no bailment is or shall be created upon Host, whether actual, constructive or otherwise, for any personal property carried in or left in or on Host's premise.
21. This rental agreement makes you and any guests/renters liable for any damage to the property and it's entirety caused by an accident or intentional, reckless or wanton misconduct.
PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS ABOVE
Respect all belongings, decor, and furniture. Mop up any spills and clean up any messes. Please turn the heat down and the lights off when you are not at home to conserve energy. Please conserve water.
Please treat our house with respect and courtesy and do not do anything that you would not typically do in your own home. If you have any additional visitors, or move-ins or outs, I would like to be informed beforehand. Respect and communication are key.
Be considerate to your environment.
Most importantly - Enjoy yourself
The hosts were very nice, the apartment was spotless, well-located and well-stocked. My only complaint is that the floors were ice cold and the ceilings are very, very low. No sun salutations this past week!
Despite fairly warm weather, your continuous and excessive heat usage, you
are the first and only one in nearly 6 years to complain about the floor being ice cold. As for the ceiling, that was disclosed in the description of the apartment.
Thanks for staying with us.
Jamilah was a great host! She's friendly, responsive and very accommodating. We had a late flight and Jamilah allowed us to stay until our flight left because there was no one scheduled to check in the next day. She gave us plenty of restaurant suggestions. The apartment is located in Capital Hill which is such a convenient and central place to stay when in Seattle! Highly recommend this apartment and this neighborhood. The apartment is extremely clean. There was tea which we enjoyed every morning. Towels, bedding, bed and living space was super cozy and comfortable. Overall, a fantastic experience!
My group came to Seattle for a short getaway, but we still wanted to be comfortable. This space felt like a hotel with it's great modern decor and styling, but was still cozy. It was very clean, the beds were comfortable. Jamilah responded quickly from the first contact, and checked in on us to see if we needed anything and to make sure our stay was going well. I really appreciated her care, and could definitely see it in her attention to detail, from her design touches, thorough how-to's and explanations of the quirks of the place, making sure there was more than enough bedding and towels to go around, and thoughtfulness in terms of the amenities that were provided. The apartment is located in a quiet neighborhood, but is in Capitol Hill with lots of great restaurants around, and is very conveniently located and walkable. The only caveats I have are that being a basement apartment, the ceilings are a little lower so the very tall might have an issue. Also if you have a car I would definitely spring for the parking permit, as parking is very difficult in the area. My friends and I were very impressed with the place and would definitely stay again.
Wonderful location, right in the heart of Capitol Hill. I pretty much walked everywhere my entire stay. The hosts were extremely welcoming and flexible. We really enjoyed the space, save for a few oddities like a fairly low ceiling. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Seattle!
Thank you for the wonderful review Sara & Benjamin. In regards to the low ceiling; we are sorry if this came as bit of a surprise to you b/c everything is disclosed beforehand in the written description on the airbnb website. We have been 5 star airbnb hosts for over 5 years (Super Hosts) and if there's one thing we've learnt over time that is to disclose absolutely everything and to be as honest and up front as possible. FYI the ceiling is lower than normal because the house is over 110 years old which I am sure you noticed. Hope you do come stay with us the next time you're in Seattle.
Hosts were wonderful. They left messages with all information, stopped by to introduce themselves and say hello, responded immediately to any request (e.g. for a cutting board in the kitchen). They were present, but not intrusive in any way.
Jamilah was an excellent host throughout the stay!
Jamilah is a fantastic host! She is so warm and friendly, and we felt very welcome. The apartment is very comfortable and immaculately kept. It has excellent proximity to shops and restaurants in Seattle's popular Capitol Hill neighbourhood, and it is close to downtown. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Strongly recommended.
I'm an Afro-German living in Seattle with my husband. We were born to host and with our love of real estate and interior design/landscaping we decided to put together this trendy 2 bedroom apartment right in the heart of Capitol Hill :)