About this listing
SUPERHOST!! Gorgeous apartment off Broadway and in the heart of Capitol Hill that is impeccably decorated & cleaned. 2 Queen bedrooms and gleaming bathroom. 5***** Star Reviews for 6 straight years!!
Check out this incredible apartment and you will not regret it. We have thought of those tiny details that will make your stay worry free. This beautiful and immaculate haven is for those with discerning taste and a high standard of cleanliness. It will comfortably accommodate up to 4 people. With a 97 walk score, everything you might want is close at hand. The apartment is on the lower level of our 1907 home lovingly renovated by my husband and I. It is a fully enclosed apartment with a separate entrance and is completely private and serene. We are conveniently located on a quiet street only one block behind (east) Broadway.
-The fully stocked kitchen was lovingly renovated by us very recently with all the comforts to make it easy to cook and clean up. Tea & Coffee are included.
-Amenities include: dishwasher, in unit front load washer/dryer, microwave, oven range, large fridge with ice-maker, espresso/latte machine, toaster plus all the usual things you would expect.
-Dining table seats up to 4 people
-You will love the open style living space. Kick back on the Italian leather sofa and watch TV or DVDs, or just enjoy the beautiful contemporary surroundings. There is also a stereo radio with line-in input.
-We have provided a collection of books and magazines to help make your stay more cozy and informed.
-Both bedrooms have a queen size bed and brand new furniture. Plenty of storage in the provided closets and dressers. Comfortable mattresses!
-The 1st bedroom has a Queen bed with a memory foam mattress.
-The 2nd bedroom has a Queen bed with memory foam mattress. Also an ironing board and iron are provided in the closet.
-The immaculate bathroom is stocked with plenty of clean towels and washcloths. Hairdryer, soap and shampoo included.
Access to everything in the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
I will personally check you in or you can help yourself and use the lock-box. I am available as much or as little as you please!
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. The location is just steps away from vibrant Capitol Hill's Broadway District, with shops, restaurants, bars, theaters, but you'd never know it from the wonderfully quiet residential street. Capitol Hill is a vibrant community with a number of different business districts, each with their own charms and within easy walking distance. The flagship QFC Grocery Store is just a block away, plus there's a farmer's market on the weekends and just a bit farther the excellent Central Co-op. Both Broadway (1 block away) and John (2 blocks away) are major transit corridors, making getting around via transit very easy from the apartment. You also have easy access to the Broadway Streetcar and the Sound Transit Light Rail. Best of all, it's just a short and enjoyable walk to downtown Seattle, the Convention Center, Pike Place Market, the Seattle Waterfront, Volunteer Park and First Hill. Our Walkscore is 97, which means you should be able to walk to just about anything you'd like to do. However, if you have a car, a Guest Parking Pass is provided as well, which will permit you to park one car in the restricted neighborhood parking zone.
For drivers, our home is minutes from I-5 and I-90. There's tons of easy public transportation around - we are within 1 block of 8 different bus lines, and within a few blocks of a handful more. The neighborhood is filled with an array of excellent restaurants, boutiques as well as coffee houses. Walking distance from the major attractions such as Pike Place Market, Space Needle, Volunteer Park, Swedish medical center, South Lake Union, Cal Anderson Park, The Convention Center and Amazon.
Parking is not included in the rate.
Other Things to Note
Heat controls in unit
Wireless Internet access
Laundry facilities with detergent in unit
Flatscreen televisions with premium channels (HBO), DVD player
Fully renovated kitchens with new floors, stainless steel appliances
Espresso/Coffee maker with coffee stocked
Full sets of utensils, cookware and dinnerware for cooking and dining
Fully renovated bathroom with toiletries and extra towels
Luxurious bedding with and extra pillows and blankets
Parking is available on the street.
We can provide a permit that you hang in your car and park anywhere in the vicinity. The parking permit (for residential parking only) is available upon request with a cash deposit of $80 (fully refundable upon return of permit). Otherwise there are some parking lots near by that do charge fees. Make sure to check posted signs. Parking can be difficult in our area especially during nights, weekends and during special events.
*Ceiling height is approx. 6.4" (193 cm)
No Animals (even service animals)
This is a Smoke free and Animal free Residence!!
PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. CHECK-IN is at 4 PM - CHECK-OUT is at 11 AM -PST-
NO Early Check-In or Late Check-Out unless arranged in advance with Host.
2. This is a NON SMOKING house.
3. This an ADULT ONLY vacation rental. We accept only guests over the age of 16 years old (absolutely no exceptions)
4. PARKING - We ask you NOT to PARK in ANY of the driveways.
5. The COUCH is NOT to be used for sleeping on AT ALL!
6. I will not rent to vacationing students without a chaperone over age 30
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - The maximum number of overnight or occupancy at any given time is limited to four (4) persons. While we encourage the use of kitchen and dining area for guests, we discourage large social gatherings or activities involving a lot of noise.
8. OCCUPANCY - I would like to be informed in advance about any change of guest occurence at any given time during the reservation. This includes, but is not limited to additional guests moving-in or the guest amount changes, or guests decide to leave early and to give their reservation to additional or different persons, or of new move-ins or move-outs.
9. Please do not wear shoes inside the house - This an important rule that we kindly ask you to respect.
10. Keep the doors and windows locked when you are out.
11. Quiet Hours are 10PM – 8AM. This is a residential home primarily owner occupied. Please keep voices, televisions, and radios at an acceptable level at all times.
12. $20 Extra cost per person after 2 guest applies to all persons.
13. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rent includes a one-time linen-towel setup.
14. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is NOT included in the rental rate
15. RATE CHANGES – Once confirmed and agreed upon the rates per the rental invoice are firm.
16. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. If guests have already checked-in the same rule applies.
17. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved via email by Owner in advance.
18. Force Majeure: Host may suspend or terminate the rental agreement/contract as a result of a force majeure event, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, elements of nature or acts of God, health issues, or social or political disruptions that prevent Host from fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement.
19. Indemnification by Renter. Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold Host harmless
from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs, attorney fees and other expenses incurred by Host in any manner from this rental transaction, including claims of, or liabilities to third parties.
20. Personal Property. Host is not responsible for any damage to, loss of or theft of any personal property, whether the damage or theft occurs during or after termination of the rental duration regardless of fault or negligence. Renter acknowledges and agrees that no bailment is or shall be created upon Host, whether actual, constructive or otherwise, for any personal property carried in or left in or on Host's premise.
21. What Can be Deducted from your Security Deposit:
Lost, misplaced or broken Keys.
Damaged or Holes in walls from picture hangers.
Broken tiles or fixtures in bathrooms.
Stopped toilet due to misuse.
Tears, holes or burn marks in carpets or window dressings.
Broken windows and window screens.
Broken doors and locks.
Appliances broken by negligence.
Excessive filth in oven or on stove by burners.
Clogged drains from misuse or negligence.
Broken or missing window blinds.
Flea and pest extermination.
Excessive mildew and mold in bathroom.
Excessively filthy shower, sink, mirrors or toilet.
22. This rental agreement makes you and any guests/renters liable for any damage to the property and it's entirety caused by an accident or intentional, reckless or wanton misconduct.
PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS ABOVE
Respect all belongings, decor, and furniture. Mop up any spills and clean up any messes. Please turn the heat down and the lights off when you are not at home to conserve energy. Please conserve water.
Please treat our house with respect and courtesy and do not do anything that you would not typically do in your own home. If you have any additional visitors, or move-ins or outs, I would like to be informed beforehand. Respect and communication are key.
Be considerate to your environment.
Most importantly - Enjoy yourself
Djamila was a perfect host,
she met all our needs. The apartment is quiet, clean, functional and also well located near downtown. We recommend this house.
We arrived to a beautiful clean apartment just as pictured. The rooms were spacious sheets could have been a little softer but the memory foam mattress was a plus. We used the kitchen for breakfast and one dinner and it was perfect. The market is only one block away. The washer and dryer didn't work which was unfortunate because I did plan on using it, Jamilah offered to do laundry for us but I just hand washed.We walked to pike place from the apartment it was almost a 25 min walk but not too bad. The first night we went for dinner and drinks to a place called witness it was delicious. We also went to a ginger beer place in Capitol Hill called RGB - fantastic! We didn't spend much time in the actual apartment. After a long day of hiking we came back pretty early around 8pm and Jamilah had friends over which she told me about but it was kind of loud you could hear the footsteps throughout the apartment. For the most part it was quiet but again we didn't stay at the apartment much. The only issue we had was getting our deposit back from the parking pass and Jamilah wasn't getting back to me the morning we were leaving. The moment we left the apartment she called me back and accused us of smoking in the apartment which never happened. I told her that we hadn't but she kept saying she would be charging a fine if she found out we had and keep my $80 parking deposit. She returned the money through the bank later that day. Unfortunately she probably didn't think we were great guests I left the place tidy and put all the dirty towels in the basket and even took out the trash (we left a carry-on inside because it didn't fit in the trash bin and she was extremely upset about it) Jamilah does have a lot of rules and we did follow them. Overall my group and I had a great time in Seattle but we won't be staying at Jamilah's apartment again.
Jamilah was a perfect host. She was always quick to respond to questions. Most accommodating and helpful. The apartment is absolutely spotless and has everything we needed and more. I loved the comfy mattress! Excellent internet access. Parking on the street is available. I found the neighborhood to be quiet during our time there, yet a minute's walk to all that Capitol Hill has to offer. I would not hesitate to stay again. Thank you for everything Jamilah!
The accommodation was not only exactly as described but even better. Our host made us feel most welcome and bent over backwards to assist us at every turn. The area was very central and we were able to walk downtown and back without any problem. Exceptionally clean and tidy. We felt very comfortable and secure.
Location is great. Very close to a variety of good restaurants and bars. Happy with the opportunity to stay here
The place is immaculate, pretty, comfortable and in a neat neighborhood. The host helped us by letting us drop off our bags before check-in.
Jamilah was absolutely incredible. She was very nice leading up to our stay as well as during and at check out. Expectations were set very well for what to do with the space, and I would stay with one of her properties again in a heartbeat.
About the Host, Jamilah
I'm an Afro-German living in Seattle with my husband. We were born to host and with our love of real estate and interior design/landscaping we decided to put together this trendy 2 bedroom apartment right in the heart of Capitol Hill :)