About This Listing
Beautiful home away from home. Enjoy the sanctuary of a quiet cottage walking distance to the beach or downtown Pacific Avenue. Bedroom over looks garden area and is separated by 7 foot wall of Hard wood cherry shelves. Beautiful cherry floors, granite counter tops, new kitchen cabinets, stainless steel appliances, washer/dryer. 2 person slate shower, bamboo garden with hot tub. Out swing french doors open to patio, BBQ, Lavender garden and yard.
The queen bed is separated from the living room by a bank of 7 foot wall of cabinets. There is also an option for a comfortable queen aerobes bed height with a headboard plus the sectional couch is can also be used as a comfortable sleeping option.
Enjoy all that Santa Cruz has to offer. Swim, surf, hike, bike, golf, tennis, or shop. Drive to San Francisco or Monterrey for the day. Live in a great neighborhood and be a local. Enjoy the near by Monterrey Aquarium, Pacific Grove Asilomar Beach and Carmel.
Weekday rates: $100 - $150
Weekend and Holiday rates: $150 - $200
Weekly rates: $1000 - $1500
Monthly rates: $3000 - $6000
Cleaning fee: $100 Tax: 10%
Refundable Security Deposit: $200 - $500 We accept AirBnB and PayPal with pass through fees. We also accept personal checks and cashier's check.
CHECK IN: Check in time is 4:00PM EARLY CHECK IN TIMES ARE ALLOWED ONLY WHEN THE PROPERTY IS CLEANED AND READY FOR OCCUPANCY AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED. Keys will be ready for pick up at property location. Keys WILL NOT be issued with a balance owing or without a signed rental agreement in the owners, or owner's representatives, possession.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM. For guests with pets, it is 9:00 AM. THERE MAY BE AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR LATE CHECK OUT AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS NEEDED. Please leave all keys, remote controls, and parking permits/passes (if issued) at the location. A $50 hour fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time. A $50 per item fee will be charged for each lost key and remote control.
8. CLEANING: Each property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned, in addition to the hot tub serviced, after your departure. The Cleaning fee you have paid will provide for two hours of normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure:
dishes are done and put away
home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized
Please leave all towels and linens in the living room.
Leave all keys, 2 Aquarium passes and extra permits on the table. Missing passes or keys are a $50 charge
If additional cleaning (over the standard 2 hours) is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $50 per hour.
9. TELEPHONES: YOU MUST USE A CELL PHONE.
10. WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR REPLACING THESE ITEMS IF FOUND TO BE NECESSARY.
11. WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items to get you started on your first week of vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items as you need them.
12. TENANT’S LIABILITY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, Tenant agrees to pay all damages and legal fees.
13. SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCES:
Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises within 30 minutes and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following infractions: A) Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation. B) Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age. C) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. D) Any other acts which interfere with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property, E) PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Violation of the 10:00 PM Santa Cruz County and Capitola Noise Ordinance may Result in THE IMMEDIATE VACATE OF PROPERTY AND FORFEIT OF ALL FEES AND SECURITY DEPOSIT. F) This property is a NON SMOKING PROPERTY. Smoking in the house or on the property will be FORFEIT OF ALL FEES AND SECURITY DEPOSIT AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY. G) WE DO NOT ALLOW PETS ON THE PROPERTY WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION AND AGREEMENT TO PET FEES, ADDITIONAL FEES AND SECURITY DEPOSIT. ANY PET FOUND ON OR IN THE PROPERTY WILL BE A FORFEIT OF SECURITY DEPOSIT PLUS ALL DAMAGES AND CLEANING FEES.
14. HOLD HARMLESS: Owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will Owner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
15. PATIOS: Tenant hereby acknowledges that if the property they have reserved includes a hot tub, the undersigned is fully aware that the hot tub and surrounding patio/deck can be dangerous, that the deck/patio can be slippery when wet, and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. Tenants should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the property. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, the undersigned accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the hot tub and patio areas.
16. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
Mare and her family made us feel very welcome into their home. The private cottage was cozy and safe making for the perfect environment for ourselves and our son. The smell of flowers left for us in the cottage and throughout the gardens was like a dream. This was exactly the experience we needed as we plan for some big life changes. Thank you!3
This was the perfect weekend getaway. The place was fully equipped and the hot tub was clean. The cottage is very private. Mara is very responsive and helpful when needed. It's walking distance to many great restaurants and less than 2 miles to the beach! We definitely would stay there again.
This was lovely, private, clean, inviting, quiet, with every comfort!
Overall the experience was pleasant. The place had most of the amenities one would need
This host has 13 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Mara
Living and loving Santa Cruz with my family. We enjoy sharing our cottage retreat, as it is a quiet, beautiful Sanctuary, near downtown Pacific Avenue and West Cliff Drive.