Surpassing any hotel experience, Our Home is Your Retreat. We welcome you into our home as our guests & may you leave as friends. Plus: No Cleaning Fees! Stocked Self-Service Pantry! Breakfast! Washing Machine! Near Airport, Highways, Beach & Malls
AT THE END OF A LONG, TIRING DAY, THESE COMFORTABLE BEDS WILL SEEM SO INVITING.....CRAWL INTO THEM & SOOTHE YOUR WEARY BONES AS YOU GEAR UP FOR THE NEXT DAY.
Your ideal base as you discover Oman! Why you may ask? - Well, Let me give you an insight:
1. First and foremost - We're a warm friendly family who open our hearts and our home to those who choose to stay with us. What we hope you might take away from your stay with us and this NON-HOTEL experience is the seed of a friendship forged through a few moments exchange of ideas, knowledge, culture & life lessons. This is what airbnb is about for us and we have met some amazing people through this experience and nurtured some life-long friendships. We look forward to crossing paths with you and welcoming you into our lives.
2. Secondly, Strategically Located: We are just 10 minutes from the airport - such a blessing especially before or after a tiring long-haul flight - eliminating long airport transfers. If our schedule is clear we will be glad to give a complimentary pick up/drop off.
3. We're 5 minutes from the Burj As-Sahwa (Clock Tower) Intersection. It is the intersection of all major highways as well as Main Bus Terminal, that takes you across Oman:
- to/from Sohar, Sawadi, Barka, UAE & Musandam
- to/from Nizwa, Jabal Shams, Jabal Akhdar & Salalah
- to/from Downtown Muscat & down the East Coast
This makes it easy to do day trips to all the places across Oman and return to the comfort of our B&B for the night to soothe your weary bones in our comfortable beds and fuel up for your next day's agenda.
4. We're 7 minutes from the beach where you can take a dip in the Arabian Gulf! Or chill out at the Marina, watching the sunset as you sip coffee or dine. You can squeeze in a round of golf on the Greg Norman designed championship golf course which also borders the beach. Yes! All this is 7 minutes from our place.
5. No Additional Cleaning Fees!! Irrespective of whether we have guests or not, we keep the space spotless, so why pass on the cost to you?!! Towels and bed linen will be changed after every fifth night of stay. Your suite will be arranged & cleaned everyday if you leave the room unlocked.
6.Feeling tired after a long day, exploring Oman and don't want to go out for dinner, relax and order in! We will gladly direct you to a choice of eateries as well as a website, so that you may order in & pay on delivery.
7. You're welcome to snack off the well stocked self-service kitchenette at your disposal. You will be spoilt for choice of teas, coffee blends, instant soups, 2 minute instant noodles, cereals, cheese, jams, butter, spreads, chilled beverages, chocolates, biscuits, fruits, yogurts, breads .. all complimentary! In addition to the above, a breakfast surprise awaits you daily between 6.45am and 10am ;-)
8. You have your very own mini pent-house suite within our home - the entire top floor (2nd floor) all to yourself - as per the pictures, the layout provides you a bedroom with an attached bathroom, a dining nook, a kitchenette with supplies and a private roof-top terrace with a lovely gazebo - with maximum privacy, luxurious comfort and an emphasis on cleanliness... all on a budget!
9. Please be advised that we have one KING SIZE BED which sleeps 2 people and another daybed which can sleep 1 when as is and can even pull out to turn into a Queen size bed.
10. There is plenty of free parking for those who wish to rent a vehicle.
11. There's a washing machine for your laundry!
12. Just a 1 minute walk to hail a cab.
Travel light!! It's easier to haul small suitcases up the flight of stairs ;-) but don't worry we are there to help.
You're welcome to lounge in our blue room or relax in our back yard outdoors where your kids can work up a sweat. Your kids are also welcome to play in our kid's play room. Fire up the barbecue grill in the yard if you're up for it! We have a small info desk where you can map and plan your excursions, get printouts, scan documents. Wifi access is strong throughout the house. Your pent-house suite is equipped with a washing machine for your laundry needs, a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee machine, iron & ironing board, sewing kit, TV with all the satellite channels & DVD player.
Interaction with Guests
Our home is YOUR RETREAT as you work, explore, unwind, rejuvenate & heal. We strike a gentle balance between supporting you in all you seek to achieve from your time in Oman and respecting your privacy.
If you're into mountain biking, rock climbing, trekking, diving, golfing, sailing, wadi bashing, off - road exploration, dolphin watching, turtle watching.. quad-biking, desert camping, mountain climbing, cycling, we have brochures of tour operators at our info desk that you can refer to make your travel arrangements.
We live in an Omani neighbourhood with lots of amenities just around the corner...
Within a 5 minute drive of our B&B, you have
- Juma Mosque for prayers ( 5 minute walk from house)
- KFC (2 minute walk from house)
- Muscat Pharmacy
- Al Maha Petrol Shed
- A small grocery where you can pick up anything that you might you need from fresh fruit to bedding!
Within a 7 minute drive of our B&B, you have:
- Beach, Corniche & Marina
- A Greg-Norman designed championship Golf Course
- Mishkak - traditional Omani bbq meat
- Starcare hospital & Badr Al Samaa Hospital for any medical emergencies.
- Italiano - for pizzas and pastas with the freshest ingredients
- Shakespeare's Cafe
- China Town
- Ofair for traditional Omani food
- Shang Thai
- City Centre & Markaz Al Bahjah (Shopping Malls with food courts and numerous food outlets - Chili's, Shamiana, Noodle House, Nando's, Magic Wok, Pinkberry, Santino's, Hardees, Mcdonalds), Carrefoure hypermarket in Seeb Muscat City Centre.
As your research might suggest....public transport in Oman is not very well regulated so if you want to explore Oman, you will need to rent a car to get around most places....preferably a 4x4 if you really want to see the unspoilt natural beauty of oman.
We have contact numbers for all rent-a-car companies in Oman and we will be glad to co-ordinate so that you may have a vehicle upon landing in Oman at the airport.
We are a 1 minute walk off the main road, so you'll have no problems, hailing a cab. Cabs are not metered in Oman so you'll have to hone your haggling skills.
We can also arrange a car lift for you, that you will need to pay for as agreed between you and the driver.
Other Things to Note
We request that when initiating an inquiry about our B&B, we would appreciate it if you could:
a. Give us a little intro about yourself and your accompanying guests as we would like a little insight into who we are opening up our home to.
b. Let us know the purpose of your visit to Oman, enabling us to better cater to your requirements and make your stay relaxing and fruitful.
c. Please let us know your Estimated Time of Arrival and Departure to ensure there is no clash in case there are back to back bookings. We are generally flexible with check in & check out times, unless there are back to back bookings, in which case, check out is requested at 11am and check in at 1.00 pm.
1. No pets allowed and no smoking allowed in, around & in front of our row of terraced houses.
2. Please maintain the cleanliness and decorum of the space as you enjoy it - (please refrain from eating/drinking in bed ;-)
We were a group of the three women between 26 and 35. We stayed at Mohamed and Farzin 's place for two nights. The accommodation is located on the top floor. We also had access to the huge and nice roof terrace.
We were absolutely amazed about this lovely place. Our hosts were very friendly , gave us great advices and showed us lots of hospitality. The room itself was comfy and cosy as displayed on the pictures. As we enjoyed it so much we spontaneously decided to stay there another night which will be in a couple of days. Thanks a lot for this great experience and the enjoyable stay. For the travellers who are looking for a nice accommodation around Muscat, with Mohamed and Farzin you will find a place we strongly recommend.
I was amazed by her hospitality and quick response even before I arrived to Muscat. Farzin gave me advice about tour and offered me a ride from airport.
I really appreciate this because usually you have to pick up a taxi and might feel a bit unsecure about how to get host place and negotiation of taxi fee. This time there was no such as thing.
As for the room, it was more amazing than I expected. The room is very comfortable. There was private kitchen and free drink and some snacks were served. Again, I was surprised !
My favorite place of Farzin and Mohamed house is roof top! You can relax and enjoy quite atmosphere.
I was amazed by how kind and helpful Farzin is. She recommend some places to go by showing map and guide map because I didn't have any plan on that day.
Unfortunately, I could not make it to the place because of time and transportation problem ( this was my fault) but she helped me a lot like giving direction to taxi driver over phone and finally she tried to take me to the place!
I highly recommend to staying Mohamed and Farzin house to anyone who come to Muscat. The place is full of hospitality. I would like to stay again when I come back to Muscat.
This is one of must-stay place when you are in Muscat.
We stayed at Mohamed and Farzin's home in April 2015.
The description of the way to their home was excellent!
We got a warm welcome with lots of good advice and suggestions how to get around in Muscat and surrounding by car. The accommodation was very neat and clean and well maintained. The spacious terrace was a wonderful retreat for the evening. Farzin spoiled us every day with a different breakfast. We enjoyed exchanging experiences with different cultures.
Thank you Mohamed and Farzin!
My friend Daniel and I stayed with Mohamed and Farzin for a night. They were truly welcoming and the rooms were clean and tidy. The well-stocked pantry was a huge bonus after a long flight and Farzin even told us to eat all we want! She also provided us with bottles of water to keep us hydrated throughout the day. The ensuite bathroom was well stocked and you never have to bring any of your toiletries along, except for the personal stuff like toothbrush and shaver.
They also kindly picked and dropped us off at the airport due to us being unfamiliar with the surroundings in Oman. Farzin suggested a lot of places nearby for us to visit and she made sure we knew how to go there and come back home. However, we were too tired to go out so she suggested that we call delivery and recommended us a nice Iranian restaurant which has pretty reasonable prices and good food. Do be sure to check out this restaurant with her! Breakfast the next morning was a wonderful affair. The homemade frittatas were delicious and filling enough.
WiFi in the house was also very fast. We had the whole of the top floor to ourselves, coupled with a fully furnished outdoor balcony with a gazebo and several comfortable chairs. There is also a beautifully decorated dining table right outside our room. Basically, you could do whatever you want without even stepping out of the top floor unless you needed to go out.
We highly recommend staying with Mohamed and Farzin. It will make your visit to Oman even more enjoyable!
Mohamed and Farzin were incredibly accommodating whilst I stayed at their place. From picking me up at the airport, tips about what to do around Muscat and the delicious breakfast they provided me every morning, I have no complaints and have the utmost gratitude for my gracious hosts. Keep on Keeping On!
An awesome first airbnb experience. Although we only stayed one night, the accommodation was clean and welcoming (exactly as pictured). The rooftop terrace is an awesome place to sit out and relax and Farzin and Mohamed were incredibly nice and made us feel right at home. Thanks for a great first airbnb stay! :)
Dzięki wskazówkom Farzin dojazd do apartamentu był łatwy, samo mieszkanie czyste i wygodne, w rzeczywistości jeszcze lepsze niż opisane w ofercie. Gospodarze serdeczni i, w razie potrzeby, pomocni, mogliśmy swobodnie korzystać z aktualnych map i przewodników w jęz. angielskim. Serwowane śniadania bardzo smaczne i zróżnicowane, ponadto zapewniano nam stale wodę i mleko w lodówce, a nasz własny mniej świeży chleb podmieniano na świeży:) Szczerze polecamy skorzystanie z mieszkania Farzin i Mohameda.
For us, AIRBNB is about bringing the world to your doorstep. It's enabled us to meet some amazing people, if only momentarily, but who've touched our lives so deeply. Through our journeys as host and guest, we've nurtured some treasured life-long friendships that have rendered this experience priceless.
What we hope you might take away from meeting us is the seed of a friendship forged through a few moments exchange of ideas, knowledge, culture & life lessons.. And most importantly, the possibility of bridging the cultural divide, getting to know people at an intimate level, so much so as to be able to promote discussions, dispel misconceptions and above all, eliminate hate whilst spreading the message of peace, love & tolerance, in our own little way.
We hail from Oman and the paradise Island of Sri Lanka - So you can be sure to get a taste of Sri Lankan & Omani hospitality if you choose to stay with us.
We've called Sri Lanka, Dubai (UAE) and Oman home and have had the joy of travelling across Europe to Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy & Germany as well as to Thailand, Singapore & Malaysia & India.
We've enjoyed the airbnb experience in our travels and now hope to entertain our guests with the same warmth and hospitality.
We are a family of three - myself (Farzin), my husband (Aslam) and our 4 year old son, Ayaan. We keep a clean, neat and comfortable home and it would be great if our guests would appreciate and maintain that sense of decorum during their stay.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us. We look forward to crossing paths with you and welcoming you into our lives, our home, our hearts.