Surpassing any hotel experience, Our Home is Your Retreat. We welcome you into our home as our guests & may you leave as friends. Plus: No Cleaning Fees! Stocked Self-Service Pantry! Breakfast! Washing Machine! Near Airport, Highways, Beach & Malls
AT THE END OF A LONG, TIRING DAY, THESE COMFORTABLE BEDS WILL SEEM SO INVITING.....CRAWL INTO THEM & SOOTHE YOUR WEARY BONES AS YOU GEAR UP FOR THE NEXT DAY.
Your ideal base as you discover Oman! Why you may ask? - Well, Let me give you an insight:
1. First and foremost - We're a warm friendly family who open our hearts and our home to those who choose to stay with us. What we hope you might take away from your stay with us and this NON-HOTEL experience is the seed of a friendship forged through a few moments exchange of ideas, knowledge, culture & life lessons. This is what airbnb is about for us and we have met some amazing people through this experience and nurtured some life-long friendships. We look forward to crossing paths with you and welcoming you into our lives.
2. Secondly, Strategically Located: We are just 10 minutes from the airport - such a blessing especially before or after a tiring long-haul flight - eliminating long airport transfers. If our schedule is clear we will be glad to give a complimentary pick up/drop off.
3. We're 5 minutes from the Burj As-Sahwa (Clock Tower) Intersection. It is the intersection of all major highways as well as Main Bus Terminal, that takes you across Oman:
- to/from Sohar, Sawadi, Barka, UAE & Musandam
- to/from Nizwa, Jabal Shams, Jabal Akhdar & Salalah
- to/from Downtown Muscat & down the East Coast
This makes it easy to do day trips to all the places across Oman and return to the comfort of our B&B for the night to soothe your weary bones in our comfortable beds and fuel up for your next day's agenda.
4. We're 7 minutes from the beach where you can take a dip in the Arabian Gulf! Or chill out at the Marina, watching the sunset as you sip coffee or dine. You can squeeze in a round of golf on the Greg Norman designed championship golf course which also borders the beach. Yes! All this is 7 minutes from our place.
5. No Additional Cleaning Fees!! Irrespective of whether we have guests or not, we keep the space spotless, so why pass on the cost to you?!! Towels and bed linen will be changed after every fifth night of stay. Your suite will be arranged & cleaned everyday if you leave the room unlocked.
6.Feeling tired after a long day, exploring Oman and don't want to go out for dinner, relax and order in! We will gladly direct you to a choice of eateries as well as a website, so that you may order in & pay on delivery.
7. You're welcome to snack off the well stocked self-service kitchenette at your disposal. You will be spoilt for choice of teas, coffee blends, instant soups, 2 minute instant noodles, cereals, cheese, jams, butter, spreads, chilled beverages, chocolates, biscuits, fruits, yogurts, breads .. all complimentary! In addition to the above, a breakfast surprise awaits you daily between 6.45am and 10am ;-)
8. You have your very own mini pent-house suite within our home - the entire top floor (2nd floor) all to yourself - as per the pictures, the layout provides you a bedroom with an attached bathroom, a dining nook, a kitchenette with supplies and a private roof-top terrace with a lovely gazebo - with maximum privacy, luxurious comfort and an emphasis on cleanliness... all on a budget!
9. Please be advised that we have one KING SIZE BED which sleeps 2 people and another daybed which can sleep 1 when as is and can even pull out to turn into a Queen size bed.
10. There is plenty of free parking for those who wish to rent a vehicle.
11. There's a washing machine for your laundry!
12. Just a 1 minute walk to hail a cab.
Travel light!! It's easier to haul small suitcases up the flight of stairs ;-) but don't worry we are there to help.
You're welcome to lounge in our blue room or relax in our back yard outdoors where your kids can work up a sweat. Your kids are also welcome to play in our kid's play room. Fire up the barbecue grill in the yard if you're up for it! We have a small info desk where you can map and plan your excursions, get printouts, scan documents. Wifi access is strong throughout the house. Your pent-house suite is equipped with a washing machine for your laundry needs, a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee machine, iron & ironing board, sewing kit, TV with all the satellite channels & DVD player.
Interaction with Guests
Our home is YOUR RETREAT as you work, explore, unwind, rejuvenate & heal. We strike a gentle balance between supporting you in all you seek to achieve from your time in Oman and respecting your privacy.
If you're into mountain biking, rock climbing, trekking, diving, golfing, sailing, wadi bashing, off - road exploration, dolphin watching, turtle watching.. quad-biking, desert camping, mountain climbing, cycling, we have brochures of tour operators at our info desk that you can refer to make your travel arrangements.
We live in an Omani neighbourhood with lots of amenities just around the corner...
Within a 5 minute drive of our B&B, you have
- Juma Mosque for prayers ( 5 minute walk from house)
- KFC (2 minute walk from house)
- Muscat Pharmacy
- Al Maha Petrol Shed
- A small grocery where you can pick up anything that you might you need from fresh fruit to bedding!
Within a 7 minute drive of our B&B, you have:
- Beach, Corniche & Marina
- A Greg-Norman designed championship Golf Course
- Mishkak - traditional Omani bbq meat
- Starcare hospital & Badr Al Samaa Hospital for any medical emergencies.
- Italiano - for pizzas and pastas with the freshest ingredients
- Shakespeare's Cafe
- China Town
- Ofair for traditional Omani food
- Shang Thai
- City Centre & Markaz Al Bahjah (Shopping Malls with food courts and numerous food outlets - Chili's, Shamiana, Noodle House, Nando's, Magic Wok, Pinkberry, Santino's, Hardees, Mcdonalds), Carrefoure hypermarket in Seeb Muscat City Centre.
As your research might suggest....public transport in Oman is not very well regulated so if you want to explore Oman, you will need to rent a car to get around most places....preferably a 4x4 if you really want to see the unspoilt natural beauty of oman.
We have contact numbers for all rent-a-car companies in Oman and we will be glad to co-ordinate so that you may have a vehicle upon landing in Oman at the airport.
We are a 1 minute walk off the main road, so you'll have no problems, hailing a cab. Cabs are not metered in Oman so you'll have to hone your haggling skills.
We can also arrange a car lift for you, that you will need to pay for as agreed between you and the driver.
Other Things to Note
We request that when initiating an inquiry about our B&B, we would appreciate it if you could:
a. Give us a little intro about yourself and your accompanying guests as we would like a little insight into who we are opening up our home to.
b. Let us know the purpose of your visit to Oman, enabling us to better cater to your requirements and make your stay relaxing and fruitful.
c. Please let us know your Estimated Time of Arrival and Departure to ensure there is no clash in case there are back to back bookings. We are generally flexible with check in & check out times, unless there are back to back bookings, in which case, check out is requested at 11am and check in at 1.00 pm.
1. No pets allowed and no smoking allowed in, around & in front of our row of terraced houses.
2. Please maintain the cleanliness and decorum of the space as you enjoy it - (please refrain from eating/drinking in bed ;-)
Very pleasent experience. All is like you see at the photo, and the explanation. We stay there four days and we recomend that house. Farzin answer very fast all your enquiries, give you very good tips, the explanation for arrive to the house is very helpful. She is very nice person, the room is very, very clean. About the location is very good, not near the city center but Muscat is very large with the principal neighborhoods far between them. However the house is very good comunicated. With any doubt we make a very strong recomendation about this accomodation. About the breakfast you have all you can need, very good.
Thank you for all Farzim and Mohamed, our stayed has been fantastic
Thanks Farzin for a great, if short stay!
Really enjoyed your hospitality and the 'extra' bits that you supply e.g. Washing machine, snacks, breakfast, drinks as well as helpful advice. We particularly enjoyed the Oman restaurant you directed us to (sorry already forgotten he name!)
Nothing seemed too much trouble for you and we really enjoyed the stay and your very warm hospitality.
It was so much more enjoyable to stay in your house than a hotel; even though it felt very much as though we had our own apartment.
It was our first experience of airbnb accommodation and we will definitely be using them again!
We wish you good luck with your future plans.
The host was very welcoming and friendly, before, during and after our stay. The description of where it's located is very accurate but I would like to add that it is actually in a good location with grand muscat mall, wave, airport etc nearby, whilst only 40 minutes away from a millennium resort which is like shangri la resort, but only cost 15/- for couple to use it during the day. (Whilst water sport lovers al sawadi is only 5/- or 12/- with buffet.) For people who want to go to MSQ area it only 20 minutes away and Muttrah is 30 minutes. I can't advise about taxi cause I used our own car during our stay. During our stay every morning made some lovely breakfast from Sri Lanka region. They have a small child , who is so cute and he loves Oman Chips.. they are at hand when u need them but also give u space for the rest. The rooms was of very high quality. On negative point, when arrived the sat decoder was not working, but It was quickly resolved, to be honest didn't watch the channels, since busy exploring the beautiful country call Oman to watch it, byt highlight they do resolve issues people might have during their stay. I would gladly recommend people to stay here and in fact one of my friend might use them in the future when she comes over. Also if it was a hotel this place would get 4 star more than the hotel we stay on our last night after salalah in muscat, that hotel rated itself 4 star but I think it be pushing it for 2.
Es war das erste mal, dass wir bei airbnb gebucht haben. Es hat alles gut funktioniert. Die Unterkunft bei Mohamad und Farzin war wirklich ganz toll. Wir haben uns direkt wohl gefühlt und wären gerne länger geblieben.
De familie is ontzettend gastvrij en warm!
Je hebt een hele verdieping voor jezelf en dat biedt ontzettend veel privacy. Heerlijk.
Aan de andere kant konden we met alle vragen bij Mohamed & Farzin aankloppen. Ze gaven ons bovendien veel nuttige tips.
De beschrijving klopt helemaal en we kunnen ons helemaal vinden in voorgaande positieve recensies.
Thanks to this amazing hosts.We stayed just one night but as soon as we left the airport and we got picked up by Mohammed and Farzin we felt like meeting good old friends again.the room was above expected,clean and well equiped,and the breakfast superb. Thanks.again.hope to come back soon.
We had a wonderful stay, Farzin is a very nice host.
For us, AIRBNB is about bringing the world to your doorstep. It's enabled us to meet some amazing people, if only momentarily, but who've touched our lives so deeply. Through our journeys as host and guest, we've nurtured some treasured life-long friendships that have rendered this experience priceless.
What we hope you might take away from meeting us is the seed of a friendship forged through a few moments exchange of ideas, knowledge, culture & life lessons.. And most importantly, the possibility of bridging the cultural divide, getting to know people at an intimate level, so much so as to be able to promote discussions, dispel misconceptions and above all, eliminate hate whilst spreading the message of peace, love & tolerance, in our own little way.
We hail from Oman and the paradise Island of Sri Lanka - So you can be sure to get a taste of Sri Lankan & Omani hospitality if you choose to stay with us.
We've called Sri Lanka, Dubai (UAE) and Oman home and have had the joy of travelling across Europe to Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy & Germany as well as to Thailand, Singapore & Malaysia & India.
We've enjoyed the airbnb experience in our travels and now hope to entertain our guests with the same warmth and hospitality.
We are a family of three - myself (Farzin), my husband (Aslam) and our 4 year old son, Ayaan. We keep a clean, neat and comfortable home and it would be great if our guests would appreciate and maintain that sense of decorum during their stay.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us. We look forward to crossing paths with you and welcoming you into our lives, our home, our hearts.