About this listing
40 sqm/m2 big studio apartment
with 1 double bed room, an open kitchen & comfortable bathroom. It's a private place, not shared.
Situated in central Kreuzberg in a green & quiet courtyard of an 19th century building. Located on the 3rd floor, very bright, with high ceilings & old wooden floors.
The apartment accommodates 1-2 or 3 guests at most
The living/sleeping room offers a comfortable queen size bed (sleeps 2) with blankets and fresh sheets, a pull out sofa (sleeps 2), a wardrobe, TV and a dining area with table and chairs.
The kitchen is fully equipped with cutlery/tableware, stove, oven, fridge/freezer, toaster & coffemachine.
In the bathroom you will find a shower, waschingmachine, hairdryer, towels, cleaning products.
Further there is a Wireless Internet Connection.
In the heart of Kreuzberg, one of the most colourful and lively districts of Berlin. The neighbourhood around Bergmannstrasse is famous for it’s culinary diversity and charming atmosphere. Restaurants range from French & Italian cuisine to Asian and middle Eastern kitchen. Next door small cafes serving home made cakes and freshly roasted coffee line up. The historical Marheineke Food Hall offers German and biological specialities. At night many bars and clubs open their doors.
Most of the buildings in the neighbourhood date back to the years around the turn of the last century. Looking at the architecture enables one to imagine Berlin's atmosphere more than 100 years ago.
Today supermarkets, organic stores, pharmacies and grocery stores for the daily needs, as well special stores for antiques, gold&silver, vintage fashion and designed interior are all within walking distance.
The neighbourhood offers green oasis like the Chamissoplatz with its small hidden park and dreamy corner cafe. The large Viktoria Park invites with old winding trees and it’s sparkling waterfall.
Many cultural spots can be discovered in the vicinity. Climb the Kreuzberg hill in Viktoriapark and enjoy a wide view across the city or take a stroll on the landing field of the recently closed Tempelhof airport. Walk to the Jewish Museum, to Checkpoint Charlie and Friedrichstrasse within 25 minutes. All major cultural sites can easily be reached by public transport.
U-Bahn/subway Mehringdamm (U6) and Gneisenaustrasse (U7)
To Tegel airport/ Schönefeld airport :
To Central Station : 30 minutes (subway/bus)
• be quiet in the hallway, in the courtyard and in the apartment after 10pm.
• take off your shoes in the apartment. Never walk on the wooden floor with high heels, spikes or extremely dirty shoes. The floor is more than 100 years old, so please treat it carefully (VERY IMPORTANT).
• bring your rubbish downstairs. In Germany rubbish is separated into:
plastic: yellow bin, organic: brown bin, paper: green bin, all other: grey bin (all located in the courtyard).
• consume the natural resources carefully (VERY IMPORTANT):
water: take showers only when it is necessary and limit them to 10min. max.
electricity: switch off the lights when you leave the apartment.
oil: switch off the heating when leaving the apartment or opening the window.
• keep the apartment clean. When you leave the apartment, it should be as nice as you found it.
• let me know if you break something. Please replace it or compensate the value.
• If you stay longer than two weeks you have to do all cleaning of the apartment by yourself. All cleaning tools and products can be found under the kitchen and bathroom sink.
• treat the apartment and all items, including the people who you meet in the building with respect. It is a private place – take care of it – respect it, then you will also be treated with respect!