About this listing
Cute Private Studio/ 1 Bath walking distance to great surfing beach Velzyland, Sunset Beach, bus stop, bike pass.
Cute & cozy newly renovated, private 200 sq ft studio in Oahu's North Shore, across from Velzyland Beach. Fully furnished, with a new Queen bed and Full size refrigerator.
Private studio entrance with washer and dryer located on studio entrance side.
Rental Pricing includes all state taxes.
Street view from website is way wrong and not even the correct street.
Terms of the Agreement:
1. The Landlord have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
3. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
4. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins along the curb during their stay for pickup. Monday and Wednesday the garbage is picked up early morning. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
5. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
7. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
8. The Tenants shall have no more than 4 (eight) persons reside or sleep on the premises.
9. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and Pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
12. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them...
13. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
14. Rental Deposit amount is fully refundable up to 6 (six) weeks prior to the beginning of the rental period. After six weeks prior to the rental period the Landlord shall have the right to retain the initial Rental Deposit at the Landlord' discretion.
15. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
16. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
17. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
18. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
19. If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenant shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 8 PM present or not.
20. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
21. It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool. Tenant is hereby notified that the pool can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. Tenant is further notified to be cautious when exiting the rear of the home as the pool is open and in close proximity to the entry ways and can be a hazard. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the pool.
22. Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
23. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
24. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
27. The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
28. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
29. Tennant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
30. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
31. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be help liable for condition of said items.
32. Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
33. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
34. Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 70 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
During an unexpected last minute change of plans due to an impending hurricane we were for the first time ever forced to switch our travel plans. We've never had to reschedule or cancel any of our plans before and were SO excited to stay at Kurts home! We had difficultly through emailing Kurt which ended up being an issue with airbnb, but when we got hold of Kurt he was nothing but empathic and kind. He was worried about our wellbeing and wanted to only make sure we were okay. He was understanding and personal. When we do reschedule our trip to Hawaii we will most definitely be spending it at Kurts home and are very much looking forward to it.
This suite is exactly as pictured and exactly what we thought it would be. Great for couples. It is supplied with towels for the beach, snorkelling gear, & things for the kitchen. We really enjoyed having an AC available for the hot days. It's in a great location and a hop skip and a jump away from Foodland, many beaches, and other places we wanted to visit. Kurt was a great host that answered any questions we had as they arose.
We didn't need a thing! The studio was great and we loved the location. It was a great week. Clean, right across from beach, looked like pictures, great host, quick responses, fantastic area. We loved using the bikes and snorkels too. We also loved all of the food, hiking, car rental and other recommendations! Awesome! Would recommend and stay again!
The location was as described, short walk across the road to the beach,we were appreciative of Kurt's acceptance of our very late check in time.We also appreciated the use of the bikes and snorkeling gear. The use of the laundry facilities was also a bonus.
My stay in the north shore was amazing! I cannot wait till we come back! Kurt had bikes and snorkel gear available at the studio. The location is so close to sunset beach and shark's cove beach. Where we love to spend the whole day. I spent my first 5 days in the north shore and the remaining 5 days in Waikiki. There can be no comparison to the north shore! I would not expect a lively night life in the north shore. You will find amazing beaches, look outs, jump off cliffs, hikes, and turtles! We were lucky when we went to shark's cove and got to experience sea turtles swimming up to us. There are many attractions nearby. I do recommend renting a car if you plan to stay in the north shore. The bikes came in handy to just get to the beaches because there is not a lot of parking. Do not book an excursion to the north shore. Please try to stay local if you can. The gooahu card saved us a lot of money as well. The studio has a full kitchen even with a few kitchen appliances! We did not end up cooking too much. There are a few local eats around. The garlic shrimp trucks should be a definite pit stop. If you are looking for more restaurant style restaurants you will have to drive out to the historic Haleiwa part of the city. Great little boutiques to shop at as well. I would pack light as you will find a lot of local shops carry great beach wear, sandals, snorkel, and water shoes (a must for shark's cove beach). A side note...the beaches on the north shore are very clear and you will see a lot of fish and sea life :) but be respectful. I was saddened to learn from one of the locals that there use to be starfish at shark's cove beach. Do not remove animals from their habitat. Just take the memories with you :) Kurt was always helpful and if we needed anything you can always e-mail him. The studio was quiet and clean. They have a dog but you will barely notice him. He's a cute looking beagle! If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing spot this studio will be it. The next time I'm in Oahu I will only be staying I the north shore!
This is a great little space! Simple and clean, the neighborhood is quiet and very close to a bike path and beach access. The privacy of a separate entrance is great, and although we never met our host, Kurt was always quick to respond to any message or email sent.
Let me just start off to say how great this location is. It's within walking distance to the beach! The second story studio is the perfect size for two people. Comfortable queen size bed, two fans and an air-conditioner just in case. The studio came well equipped with 2 bikes, snorkel gear, towels, and pretty much anything else you'd need in the kitchen and bathroom. I love how private the place is. We had our own entrance and the town was really quiet. If you have a car, you are provided with a spot in the driveway. Everything is within 5- 10 miles. Including bakeries, food trucks, beaches, grocery stores, and beautiful countryside. Kurt is an awesome host and was quick with emailing and answering any questions I had. I will definitely be back again- thank you!!
About the Host, Kurt
I have been on the north shore for about 13 years and moved from just outside Detroit, Michigan back in 1992. I live with my 7 year old son and wife from Venezuela who was originally born in the USA. I own and operate a Window Covering Business (shades, blinds, drapery) which we manufacture here locally.
I body board when I have time and enjoy traveling the islands and having time to spend with my family.
Some of my favorite things to do is body boarding, golfing with my son, eating shave Ice on hot day, and going to the farmers markets on Saturday at Sunset beach elementary school then in Haleiwa on Sunday.