About this listing
The sunny and cozy living-room. It's very well furnished with Hi-Fi, books and games for all ages.
"Casa Nereidi" is a nice bright, fresh and airy apartment of 1022 sf., consists of two bedrooms, one of which is en suite and with a queen size bed, while the second one is double or triple if necessary; there're two full bathrooms (a main one and the en suite's one), a living-room with stero system and a comfortable single sofabed, a dining-room with adjoining kitchen well equipped, all cozy furnisched from the entry to the storeroom!
However that rental house is fantastic for summer holidays, it's perfect also during all the year thanks to the air conditioned system installed the last year, with which to heat or refresh the entire house in winter.
Additional Location Information
At only 164 ft from the promenade and wide sandy beach, the rental house "Nereidi" is close to everything you need for a carefree holiday, so it's perfect for young families, couples on honeymoon, or lovers of beach livestyle in summer days, while many events in music, dance, theatre, etc.. take live during the nights in Marina di Ragusa: it is a pretty seaside town where nothing is missing: restaurants and pizzerias, bars and pubs, super-markets, bakery, post-office, banks, playground and parking area; some establishments on the beach alive during summer days, while many events of music, dance, comedy, etc.. alive in Marina di Ragusa's night.
The new touristic harbor is really amazing during day as well as by night and offers many services, including rental boat for sailing trip!
For cinemagoers there are two open-air cinemas in summer, in the close towns Casuzze and Donnalucata, where also movie premiere are shown.
The town of Marina di Ragusa is also setted in a cultural and gastronomic region, also interesting for children who can explore several ancient Greek and Roman excavations on coastline, or fantasying in the labyrinth of the Castle of Donnafugata.
The surroundings are ideal for those who are curious to discover the Hyblaean mountains (in Italian, Monti Iblei) and their UNESCO "World Heritage Sites": at only 15.5 miles from Ragusa, well-known baroque city, as well as the cities of Modica, Scicli and Noto, Syracuse and many other tourist and cultural destinations are also within easy to reach, maybe enjoying a walk while tasting delicious ice-creams. So also to visit : Catania, Taormina, Caltagirone, Chiaramonte and the volcano Etna or Irminio's and Vendicari's natural reserves.
Other master pices are the new Marina, where rent boats for sailing trips!
Typical products are ceramics, embroidery, cheese, wines and salami.
Other Things to Note
Rental a car is strongly suggested due to slow and bad connections with pubblic transports.
There're main rental car agency at Airports: AVIS, EuropeCar, Hertz and AutoEuropa; there's also EasyCar and Italy Rent Car, two low cost rental cars.
Booking a car quite early could give you more chance to chose through different models and prices.
We are delighted to welcome you to Villa Le Tortore. This manual will help you to get the most out of your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact us on (phone number hidden) if you have any queries about the use of appliances, extra services or anything else, we will be happy to help.
1) Cleaning. The house is cleaned before arrival and it is possible to request an additional cleaning service for a more relaxed holiday. It is requested that the house, in particular the kitchen, is left clean and tidy, as you found it on arrival. We would like to remind you that leftover food can attract bacteria and insects, so we advise you to keep the house clean, especially the kitchen, to prevent any unwanted infestations and throw the rubbish out daily.
2) Linen. The house is provided with linen (for the bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and both interior and exterior dining rooms). Linen is changed weekly. Additional linen can be requested, at a small added cost. Taking house towels to the beach is not permitted. The washing machine and detergents are on the ground floor, in the garage and are for your washing only. Follow the instructions on labels to avoid any nasty surprises! The washing machine cannot be opened immediately after the cycle finishes; the door will release a few minutes after, which is designed for your safety. An ironing board and steam iron are kept in the smallest bedroom.
3) Bathroom. To avoid blockages, please do not place anything other than toilet paper down the toilet; there is a bin in the bathroom for everything else. 4) Animals. We ask you to consider allergens; if you suffer from allergies we strongly advise against the area. If you decide to rent the house do not forget to bring your antihistamines and any other life-saving medication.
5) Pets: are not alowed.
6) Please consider the presence of ALLERGENS. If you are susceptible to allergies, the area is strongly not recommended. If you decide to rent the house, however, do not forget to bring life-saving drugs and antihistamines. In order to avoid creating sources for allergies inside.
7) Smoking. The villa is often a holiday destination for families with children, so smoking in the house is not permitted. Ashtrays are available.
8) Electricity and water. We are trying to be more eco-friendly so we have started installing energy-saving lamps and automatic shut-off taps. Help us by turning off lights in unoccupied rooms and avoid wasting water. The water is drinkable; it comes from our own well, after settling in a tank, as required by Italian law. a. The plants on the terrace, on the balcony at home, and are under your custody to protect your privacy. External ones require less water when wet in the evening on alternate days during the summer, while the internal ones just 1 time per week. b. The garden and all the green spaces on the ground floor are the responsibility of our staff. Have respect, however, the garden and the outside environment. c. Hot and cold water flow will only be cut off by a power cut. Before reactivating the switch on the outside of the fuse box, all appliances that caused the power overload must be unplugged and check that the circuit breaker is in the raised position: it's an electric shutter placed in the smaller building on the ground floor. A flashlight is provided, ready for night darkness. d. Temperature control system. The villa is equipped with a system of underfloor heating. When the system is active, is automated. You should remember to keep all the windows closed to avoid losing heat.
The house does not have air conditioning but there are ceiling fans in every room. They are often not necessary: creating a flow of cool air early in the morning and in the evening, keeping curtains closed in the rooms that are most exposed to the sun is sufficient.
8) Gas, kitchen. The kitchen is supplied by a gas cylinder outside. Replacing the gas is our responsibility. Warning: the stove top, like the oven, do not have safety valves! In the kitchen there is also an electric oven (and grill) and other appliances. a. The barbecue uses coal and requires matches and cooking utensils/cleaning equipment (all of which is kept in the storage cupboard in the kitchen). It should always be used under adult supervision. When cooking it is advised to stand at arms-length.
9) TV, radio, internet: A flat screen digital TV is connected to the satellite dish use the remote control to listen to radio channels, or your own USB stick for your "playing list". The Internet service is a wireless connection for whatever device. The service is on request at an additional cost.
10) Other. In the house there are board games for adults and children, toys and child bicycles, an inflatable paddling pool, umbrellas, chairs and games for the beach, candles, books etc. all for you use.
After the important information we ask a small courtesy: Please take care of the house as you would treat your own, with the same respect for neighbours, avoiding loud noise after midnight and during the afternoon ‘siesta’ hours. Lock the door to the house and all the windows when you leave: you can never be too safe!
We cannot take responsibility for your personal belongings that are left unattended. We will give you two sets of keys only given on arrival; a third is available to us in case of emergency.
If we need to enter the house in an emergency, you will be promptly warned on your mobile via SMS.
We thank you for taking the time to read this information and we wish you a wonderful holiday!
Wir wurden im Vorfeld von unserer Gastgeberin sehr gut informiert und mit allen Informationen, die unseren Aufenthalt so angenehm wie möglich machen sollten versorgt. Es war hilfreich, dass wir englisch kommunizieren konnten.
Der persönliche Empfang durch die Schwester der Gastgeberin war herzlich.
hosting you was a great experience.
Amalia and I are really glad you enjoyed your stay and our welcome, as much as we enjoyed to making all that for you.
Hoping to host you soon again,
our greetings to Renate and all the best.
This host has 65 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Amalia & Marina & Silvana
Fin dall'infanzia la ricezione turistica era la norma a casa.
Nonostante le scelte successive ci abbiano portate lontano, siamo nate e cresciute a Ragusa.
Oggi solo Amalia vive a Ragusa con la sua giovane famiglia, occupandosi da vicino dei nostri ospiti, accogliendoli come cari amici in visita, con cura e attenzione.
Marina si è laureata in Architettura a Firenze e adesso vive ad Empoli, mentre Silvana vive a Firenze, dove studia Medicina.
Sentendo la nostalgia del sole siciliano e la calorosa accoglienza dei Siciliani, è nato il desiderio: da qui è nato il sogno condiviso in famiglia di trasmettere le emozioni legate alle tradizioni e alle bellezze della nostra terra rivalutando le proprietà di famiglia, insieme al piacere dell'ospitalità.
La solarità in fondo non è solo ospitalità. E' comunicazione, in ogni sua forma convenzionale od artistica, curiosità di conoscere e conoscersi attraverso nuovi incontri, nuovi amici, nuove scoperte e viaggi. Sì, viaggiare: Parigi e Madrid le città vissute più a lungo, dalla Norvegia alla Tunisia, da Gerusalemme al Salto del Angel, e lungo tutta l'Italia... ecco dove sono stata, sperimentando cucine e musiche. Adoriamo il couscous e l'agrodolce; gli Ukijo-e di Okusai e molti amici giapponesi accrescono il "desiderio di Giappone".
Con Airbnb, tutto questo si rinnova in un viaggio ...a casa nostra!
Quindi benvenuti e sentitevi a casa!
Ever since childhood the lodging was the norm at home.
Despite the subsequent choices us have carried away, we are were born and grew in Ragusa.
Today only Amalia lives in Ragusa with her young family, working close to our guests, welcoming them as dear friends visiting us, with care and attention.
Marina graduated in Architecture in Florence and now lives at Empoli, while Silvana lives in Florence, where she studies Medical.
Feeling the nostalgia of the Sicilian sun and the warm welcome of the Sicilians, was born the desire, a dream shared by the whole family, to convey the emotions tied to the traditions and beauty of our land by revaluing the properties of the family, along with the pleasure of 'hospitality.
The brightness at the bottom is not only hospitality. It's 'communication, in all its forms conventional or artistic, curiosity to know and rediscover our-selves through new experiences, new friends, new adventures and travels. Yes, traveling Paris and Madrid, the city lived longer, from Norway to Tunisia, from Jerusalem to the Salto del Angel, and throughout Italy ... that's where I've been experimenting kitchens and music. We love the couscous and sour; the Ukijo-and Okusai and many Japanese friends increase the "desire to Japan."
With Airbnb all this is renewed with your journey ... to our home!
So welcome and feel at home!