About this listing
THE LOCATION! Absolutely unbeatable for festivals, Old Port, "Underground City", endless restaurants, shopping, and anything you could possibly want.
THE VIEW! Panoramic, 19th floor, dazzling.
THE SPACE! Sunny, cozy, comfortable, clean.
Hello, dear travellers,
We have a cozy, comfortable, bright and sunny space for you!
*****IMPORTANT: PLEASE HAVE A COMPLETE PROFILE (preferably with photo, description, verifications, and past reviews) so we can immediately ascertain that you are a real, nice, normal person... after all, this is our home! :)
Back to the listing... here's what you'll get:
1) Absolutely UNBEATABLE location. Walk score = 100! Few minutes' walk to the Old Port (waterfront) OR downtown. Explore Old Montreal, enjoy a summer festival, or check out any number of phenomenal restaurants and night spots, world-class shopping.
CONVENTION-GOERS: You've found the ideal location: directly across the street from the Palais des Congrès (Montreal's main convention centre).
2) Stunning panoramic view of the Montreal skyline (from the 19th floor). Spot Montreal landmarks from the window, and during summer festival season, you can literally watch shows from the living room!
3) A very cozy, clean and comfortable living space. Apartment faces north and is flooded with natural light for most of the day. Building constructed in 2008. Same layout as the suites in the Embassy Suites Hotel (located below). Great kitchen for cooking. Space measures 500 square feet and is so well-designed that we (a couple who both work from home) have lived here comfortably (and in relative peace!) for six years now!
4) Modern conveniences. New fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, and (website hidden) you control yourself. Reliable WIFI. Note that we don't have a TV! Instead, enjoy the view, the electric fireplace, or each other! Soap, shampoo, linens and towels for 2 are provided.
5) Peace and quiet. You'll be on the 19th floor - so while you'll be able to see the hustle and bustle of the city below, you won't hear it. (One exception: summer festivals such as the Jazz Fest which you'll probably be out enjoying anyway)
6) Friendly, honest and comprehensive advice on anything you might like to know about our beloved neighbourhood/city.
Nous parlons également français, bien sur. :)
- Spacious bathroom with oversized tub
- Well-equipped kitchen with high-end appliances, including dishwasher and microwave (basic cooking supplies)
- In-suite washer and dryer
- Electric fireplace
- Reliable WIFI
- AC that you control
Interaction with Guests
We take pride in being very responsive and helpful - we're always a phone call or email away no matter the time of day. If possible, we would love to welcome you in person!
The location could not possibly be more perfect: smack dab between the charm of Old Montreal and the bustle of downtown, either of which you can reach on foot in mere minutes. Endless strolling opportunities in any direction. Don't miss the stunning Notre-Dame Basilica, just a few steps away, in my favourite public square (Place d'Armes). No shortage of coffee shops, restaurants, shops and general merriment. Our walk score is 100!
You're in luck - Place d'Armes metro station is directly across the street, which means the entire city is at your feet. There are plenty of busses going all over the city, and there is a Bixi (bike rental) station ride outside the door.
For your peace of mind, underground self-parking is available very nearby at a cost of $23 (tax included). There are also outdoor lots which charge about $17-$20 per night. Finally, street parking is also possible and not nearly as impossible as you might imagine!
You'll be 60 seconds from the 720 highway, from which you can easily reach many areas around and outside the city.
Grab a cab any time in front of the Embassy Suites directly downstairs.
Other Things to Note
If you are travelling with a baby, please let me know - we can provide a pack n' play!
*****IMPORTANT: We rent to AirBNBers who have a complete profile (preferably with photo, description, verifications, and past reviews) so we can immediately ascertain that you are a real, nice, normal person... after all, this is our home! :)
Please treat our beloved home and belongings with care.
Sorry, no pets or smoking, please!
Feel free to ask if you have any inquiries about our beautiful apartment or neighborhood!
We have had an amazing 5 day holiday in Montreal! Carolyn made us feel really welcome and the apartment is lovely. The view from in the apartment is amazing and the location could not have been any better. Would highly recommend staying here :)
We had a wonderful stay at Carolyn's home. It's in the best location, and we really enjoyed exploring and getting to know the Old Montreal neighborhood. Carolyn's guestbook suggestions were extremely useful and we really took advantage of them, especially because it was our first time in Montreal. We hope to be back soon!
Carolyn's apartment was excellent! It was very clean and orderly. She also provided clear details on the neighborhood, tips for finding supplies, and recommendations for cafes and restaurants. I wouldn't change a thing about the experience. My girlfriend and I both loved it!
Great space in perfect location for exploring Old Montreal. Nice bathroom and loved the soaking tub at the end of a day of walking and sightseeing. Had everything we needed including a kettle! Parking garage just one block away. Carolyn even left us recommendations for farm to table restaurants when we asked!
Carolyn provided us with an amazing place to stay for the long weekend which was in the heart of downtown Montreal. Its too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up but after this experience we'll definitely be back to Montreal and hopefully we get to stay at Carolyns place again :)
Carolyn was a warm and gracious host. The apartment was comfortable, inviting, and well equipped. It offers a wonderful view. Excellent location! Easy walking distance to Old Montreal and Chinatown. Taxis and BIXI bikes right outside building and metro station across the street offered easy access to greater Montreal area. Perfect pied-a-terre for visiting the city.
We had a wonderful time at Carolyn's apartment! It was clean, bright and looked exactly as shown in the pictures. The apartment is situated very close to Old Montreal and the Old Port which made walking about very enjoyable.
Carolyn was very helpful. She provided us with numerous recommendations before we arrived and left very clear instructions at the condo. I would absolutely recommend staying at this apartment!
About the Host, Carolyn
We're a couple of nerds who both adore food, cooking, wine, cooking with wine, and pretty much any music you can imagine. We've motorcycled through Laos, road-tripped from Montreal to New Orleans, stopped for lunch in Munich, explored Costa Rica on an ATV, drove all the way around Ireland, and in a temporary lapse of sanity, taken a small baby to Colombia - but our favourite place on earth is our beautiful hometown of Montreal. We love welcoming fun and interesting travellers to our cozy space.
You can learn more about us on my blog, Montreal and Beyond.
Cheers and happy travels!
Carolyn & Riccardo