About this listing
Private, quiet 1BR apt in the absolute best area, steps to Dolores Park, Mission, Castro, 18th St, Valencia. Modern design, great views, bright! High-end everything, from the gourmet kitchen to the crazy comfy bed. 30+ day stays only, per SF law.
Please note, we offer 30+ Day stays only, per SF law.
BEST LOCATION, VINTAGE BOUTIQUE MODERN DESIGN, LOCAL ORIGINAL ART, HIGH QUALITY THROUGHOUT, VIEWS FOR MILES, ALL DAY SUN, COMPLIMENTARY PARKING PASS PROVIDED!
Welcome to your very own private, modern, one bedroom apartment in the best location in San Francisco, by far! Check the reviews to hear how idyllic our setting is... In the best part of the Mission AND the Castro neighborhoods.
Ideally suited for couples, the apartment is architect-designed, with a fresh modern renovation, is fully private and boasts the very best of San Francisco living:
- Bright sun and lovely views from giant windows, with the bay to the east and red rock hills to the west
- An oasis of quiet in the midst of the best location the city has to offer
- Separate bedroom with full closet, and ridiculously comfortable, brand new memory foam bed, space for suitcases underneath
- Freshly renovated, full size and well equipped eat-in kitchen
- A selection of teas are provided
- Clean and new bathroom fixtures, new blowdryer and natural toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion) provided
- Free, fast wifi internet
- Flat screen smart HD flatscreen LED TV with cable and streaming to access your favorite internet entertainment channels
- Easy access with a 4 digit key code lock on the door
- Sleeps 1-4: 1 queen bed in the bedroom, 2 twin or 1 king bed in the living room - 4 guests MAX
- Brand NEW laundry machines and complimentary natural detergents in the common area downstairs - these are shared with only 1 other person/tenant.
PLEASE NOTE: We love kids, but unfortunate experiences with prior guests have forced us to ask that if you are traveling with children under 18, please send us a note to give us a sense of their noise and activity level. We have an elderly tenant and require reasonable quiet hours from 9pm-9am, and have experienced that toddlers and small children are generally not the right fit for our space.
All of the above is amazing, but what really sets this place apart is the attention to detail, with high quality designer appointments throughout, making it the ideal short term stay:
- Vintage Eames chairs
- A mix of vintage George Nelson, Robert Sonneman, Scandinavian and new Tom Dixon lighting
- Many local artists' work - discover a souvenir you'll love years later!
- Vintage scandinavian furnishings, with fresh new upholstery
- All new appliances- refrigerator, dishwasher, range, microwave, toaster, ceramic burr coffee grinder and automatic pour-over machine
- Sharp Wusthof knives (Don't you hate cheap vacation rental knives? One of our pet peeves.)
- Clean bone china and handmade ceramic dishes
- Professional grade, heavy triple-ply stainless clad cookware (No cheap pots and pans! Another peeve.)
- Warm, hypoallergenic bedding provided
- All natural, soft 100% cotton sheets and towels (No hot "microfiber")
- Non-toxic soaps, cleansers and disinfectants provided
- New iron and full-size ironing board
- Lots of full-size wooden hangers
- Ready for the perfect vacation or relaxing corporate rental/relocation
This apartment is completely renovated, and everything that's not refreshed vintage is brand new. There's no restrictions on what doors/drawers you can open or what you can use.
Interaction with Guests
We keep it simple with our guests. If you need ANYTHING we are only a phone/text/email or AirBnB message away for any questions or needs, otherwise please enjoy as your home away from home.
Located 3/4 block from the west side of Dolores Park, on quiet Hancock Street. The setting could not be more perfect, with the heart of the Castro and the best of the Mission just steps from your door. 18th Street "gourmet ghetto" with BiRite, Tartine and Delfina, as well as the famous Valencia corridor are all easily walkable. The Muni light rail and many buses stop just 3 minutes walk 1.5 blocks/250 meters away, making it easy to connect to downtown, SOMA, and the rest of the city. It's also a fairly quick and easy walk to Noe Valley, Duboce Triangle, the Lower Haight and on… being so central, you may find yourself just meandering, exploring, eating and drinking your way across San Francisco! Skip the hotels and live like a (luxury) local, with award-winning shopping, cafes, restaurants and bars nearby.
The J-Church light rail stops just 3 minutes walk of 250 meters/.2 miles away, making it easy to connect to downtown, SOMA, and the rest of the city. BART is also a fairly close walk (17 minutes, .9 miles) to connect to Oakland and the east bay. It's also a fairly quick and easy walk to Noe Valley, Duboce Triangle, the Lower Haight and on… being so central, you may find yourself just meandering, exploring, eating and drinking your way across San Francisco!
- After several accidents and problems, we no longer offer garage parking.
- Street parking is generally easy to find on our block, and we have secured a complimentary visitor parking permit for guests with cars to use during your stay. Weekend afternoons can get busy and make it harder to find a spot.
Transportation from SFO Airport:
A cab is about $55 plus tip. You can take BART (public transportation) to the 16th Street Station or Civic Center (approx. $8 per person, one way). I suggest you take a cab from there (approx. $7.00) because my place is on a hill which is quite steep at a couple points - you don't want to be lugging your bags up the hill although many guests have done it. SuperShuttle is a "shared ride" airport shuttle that transports several passengers and is cheaper but generally takes longer ($18 for one person; $28 for two).
Other Things to Note
- A one-time $95 fee for professional cleaning of entire apartment and all linens is added per stay.
- Additional, mid-stay cleanings are available with at least 48 hours advance notice.
We are an architect and designer/artist, married for 20+ years, and the owners of the building. We live both in this unit and upstairs, and are here to help if you need anything. We love: art, design of all kinds, yummy food, fancy coffee + cocktails, listening to This American Life and reading actual paper books. Oh, and San Francisco! We're not from here originally, but she's been our home for 19+ years.
Please contact us for additional information about this perfect San Francisco getaway, with any questions you may have about the location or apartment.
PLEASE NOTE THESE MAIN RULES, AND READ HOUSE MANUAL FOR ALL FURTHER DETAILS:
1. NO SMOKING OF ANYTHING, ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY MEDICAL OR OTHERWISE - $500 REMEDIATION PENALTY
2. NO PARKING IN THE GARAGE at any time, in any space. There is a complimentary visitor street parking pass provided for use of guests with cars.
3. MAKE SURE ALL DOORS AND GATES ARE CLOSED GENTLY BUT FIRMLY AND TEST THEY ARE LOCKED UPON EACH AND EVERY EXIT OF PREMISES
4. NO FIRES/BURNING/SMOKING ITEMS OF ANY KIND - LIGHTERS, CANDLES, INCENSE, ETC. $500 REMEDIATION PENALTY
5. QUIET HOURS IN THE UNIT BETWEEN 9PM-9AM, 24/7 QUIET IN COMMON AREAS
6. NO EXTRA OVERNIGHT GUESTS OR PARTIES - COMMON AREAS AND ENTRANCE ARE MONITORED AND RECORDED 24/7 BY VIDEO/AUDIO CAMERAS
7. NO PETS OR ANIMALS OF ANY KIND AT ANY TIME, EVEN FOR "VISITS"
The kitchen has been refreshed top to bottom, with all brand new appliances - fridge, dishwasher, range, microwave, toaster, burr coffee grinder and auto pour over coffee maker await.
We are an architect and designer/artist, married for 20+ years. This is our home, and we're to help if you need anything. We love: art, design of all kinds, yummy food, fancy coffee + cocktails, listening to This American Life and reading actual paper books. Oh, and we love San Francisco! We're not from here originally, but she's been our home for 19+ years.