About this listing
Classic craftsman bungalow with its original charm intact! Lovely, private yard and covered porch for watching the world go by. Fresh linens, down duvets, private hot tub all invite you to stay longer than you planned. An easy walk to downtown Bend.
Charming and classic craftsman bungalow with a large covered porch and fenced yard, perfect for kids and pets. You will love this location on a quiet, residential street just half a block from the gourmet grocery store, cafes and other great shops! Walk or ride to Drake park which is just 4 blocks away. Downtown Bend is just another block or 2 through the park!
The road to Mt. Bachelor is 2 blocks away. You will feel like you live in Bend when you stay in this great walkable and central neighborhood.
The home is very private and surrounded by lovely mature trees. Central heat will keep you warm on chilly will your own private hot tub! There is a window seat stocked with games and extra blankets. TV, cable, Roku with Netflix, wifi and local phone are also provided. There are 2 queen beds with quality linens and the sofa is a queen sleeper. For the tall folks, the entry to the 2nd bedroom is just a bit over 6ft. Watch your noggin! The kitchen is fully stocked for making meals at home if you desire.
The Basalt Bungalow is a sweet vacation rental home. Make this your home base for all of your Bend explorations.
Please contact us for an exact price quote for your dates. We have a seasonal pricing structure.
We are a licensed vacation rental by the City of Bend
The entire yard and home is available for your use. The locked shed is perfect for storing your bikes and gear.
Interaction with guests
We live in Bend and are available if you have questions. Otherwise, you are free to enjoy this home as your own.
Other things to note
Cooking oil and spices stocked in the kitchen, coffee beans too.
Pet-friendly Basalt Bungalow has an enclosed yard for your dog (s) to be able to run around in and pet sheets for lounging on while in the home with you. If you plan to bring your sweet pup (s), we appreciate it so much if you could send us a message to let us know. Pet fee will be added. Pet fee is $20 per night/per dog.
This home is licensed by the City of Bend - STR 15-0048
Please consider trip insurance to cover all of your trip expenses in case you need to cancel your trip. We adhere to our strict cancellation policy.
You're in Bend! Be nice! Please respect this loved home as your own and do no harm to the home or neighborhood.
Please do not have more than 6 guests on the property at any time. There is a strict maximum of 6 guests in this home. Be respectful of City of Bend quiet hours between 9pm and 8am. This is not a 'party' home! Galveston Ave, Newport Ave and Downtown Bend are only a few blocks away and would be happy to host your late gathering at one of many establishments.
We are licensed by the City of Bend (STR-15-0048). If you are found in violation of the City of Bend's 'Good Neighbor Guidelines' you will lose you deposit and be asked to leave immediately without refund.
City of Bend quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am and violators will be reported and subject to law enforcement. Violators will be immediately be asked to vacate the premises without refund for your stay. Please be aware that voices may carry off decks and patios into neighboring yards and homes, especially in the summer when windows may be open. Please keep your voices low and outdoor music sources turned off during these hours. These homes are in residential neighborhoods and NOT appropriate for loud or late parties/gatherings. These homes are designed for small groups coming to enjoy Bend's neighborhood culture and lifestyle and are not appropriate 'party houses'. If you have been approved to bring your pet, please control barking as this is also subject to quiet hour enforcement. Thank you for respecting our neighbors.
Please remember, you are a guest in a quiet residential neighborhood. All guests are required to follow the City of Bend's Good Neighbor Guidelines. They are posted at the home.
Here are the nitty gritty for the detail oriented:
1. CHECK-IN TIME is after 3pm and CHECK OUT is by 11am.
2. This is a NON SMOKING home.
3. PETS ARE PERMITTED with pet fee and prior written approval
4. RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A deposit is required. Your deposit is held by Airbnb and is fully refundable as long as these conditions are met:
a) No neighborhood disturbance is reported by neighbors or police.
b) No damage is done to cottage or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear
c) No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
d) All keys are left in the cottage and the cottage is left locked.
e) All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f) No linens are lost or damaged.
g) No early check-in or late check out unless approved.
h) It is much appreciated if you would start a load of dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Start a load of towels in the clothes washer. Place all garbage, including pet waste from the yard, in garbage containers.
5. HOT TUB - When using any hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk. Use of the hot tub is at your own risk. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) does not recommend hot tub use during pregnancy. Persons who have high blood pressure, skin sensitivities or other medical conditions are strongly urged not to use the hot tub. If in doubt, please consult with a physician prior to using the hot tub. Observe reasonable time limits to avoid nausea, dizziness and fainting. Should you experience any of these symptoms, carefully exit the hot tub immediately. Never leave children unattended in the vicinity of the hot tub. No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the hot tub at any time. Please do not use or allow the hot tub to be used alone. No pets are allowed in the hot tub at any time. Absolutely no shoes are to be worn in the hot tub. Absolutely no candles (floating or any type) are allowed on or in the hot tub. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes only and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT STAND ON HOT TUB COVERS. They may break and you may be charged for their replacement. Please do not add any products (soaps, bubbles, oils, etc.) to the hot tub water. If these items are used in the hot tub, an additional cleaning fee will be assessed. It is recommended that no jewelry is worn in the hot tub due to chlorine based chemicals used. The chemicals in hot tubs can also affect color-treated hair and damage swimsuits. There will be no reduction in rental fees if the hot tub is unused or unavailable during the term of rental period. The hot tub must be covered and locked when not in use.
6. BIKES - Helmets and locks are provided. Please be safe on bikes and ride under control. The homeowners are not responsible for injuries or damages resulting from bike use. Bike ride at your own risk. You are responsible for damaged equipment.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The strict maximum number of guests in the bungalow is limited to six (6) persons.
8. MINIMUM STAY - This cottage requests a 2-3 NIGHT minimum stay
9. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup.
10. NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the cottage, daily housekeeping service is not included in the rental rate It can be provided, however, at an additional rate. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottage.
11. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice. We are unable to hold dates without a completed reservation.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
13. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
14. PARKING -Please respect our neighbors and use garage and alley parking. Street parking is available, though sometimes tight. If you use street parking please park along the front of the bungalow and NOT IN FRONT OF NEIGHBORING HOMES. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
15. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS - No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. We do not refund due to road conditions. Oregon Department of Transportation Highway conditions: (phone number hidden) or (website hidden)
16. THIS HOME IS PRIVATELY OWNED - The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 345 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We live in Bend and are happy to suggest restaurants and activities if you have any questions...we love hosting guests in these vacation homes and are committed to helping you have a great time in Bend...floating the river, dining downtown, hiking in the mountains. You won't run out of things to do! You can find us around town enjoying at the same wonderful stuff that brings you to Bend. We hope you will enjoy your time in Bend as much as we do! Enjoy...
Diana, Chris and Marta