About this listing
A private, 2 bedroom apartment with 4 real beds in an artsy and friendly neighborhood. Off-street parking space and a lawn with outdoor seating area makes this place special. Take a bike or grab a ride to all of the action and come back to relax!
- 2 Bedroom apartment
- Off-street parking
- Gated, private yard
- Private entrance
- Set back from street, no street noise!
- Smoking allowed outside
- Outdoor Chairs and table
- 4 real beds! 2 Double beds in each bedroom (76x80in or 193x203cm)
- Each bedroom has a closing door and privacy
- 450tc linens & duvets, super comfy!
- Extra pillows & blankets provided
- Air conditioners & ceiling fans
- Central heat
- Cable TV
- WIFI internet service
- Xbox/DVD player
- Full size refrigerator w/ ice-maker
- Full size gas stove
- Electric kettle
- Claw foot tub with shower
- Towels & washcloths provided
- Iron & ironing board
- Alarm clocks
- Radio w/ 3.5mm connection
- Laundry line for hanging outside
- 2 closets and additional hanging rack
- Full length mirrors
- 2 Yoga mats
Guests have full access to the apartment, driveway and yard on the one side of the house. The rest of the property is completely separate. Other than when outdoor maintenance is necessary there will be no one else in the rented area. Total privacy!
Interaction with Guests
You will be welcomed on your day of arrival either by our superb apartment manager, Jamie or by ourselves, the owners, Jenn and Carl. We will be happy to chat about any of your interests or answer questions and then we will be just as happy to get out of your hair so you can enjoy this great city and relax!
You will have the phone #'s and email for both of us to use freely at anytime.
- Very creative "Bohemian" area w/ many galleries
- Art walks and outdoor markets
- Frenchmen Street, 9 blocks
- The French Quarter, 11 blocks (.8mi / 1.2 km)
- Mississippi River - 1 block
- Crescent Park access - 3 blocks
- Safe & quiet
- Grocery store/24 hrs, 3 blocks
- Laundromat, 3 blocks
- 3 yoga studios - 2, 3 & 8 blocks away
- Restaurants, cafes, eateries and bars are plentiful!
- On one side a building with a great lunch stop, Jim's sandwich shop and many artists workspaces and galleries during the day
- On the other, our neighbors are a lovely local couple that have spent their entire 60-some years in the Bywater, great brains to pick!
- across the street are storage warehouses that have occasional activity quarterly and are otherwise silent and allow our space plenty of parking!!
- This perfect blend is what creates the ability to relax in the yard, have peace and quiet and enjoy the river breeze. Walking next door to get a drink, chatting it up with friendly neighbors, watching bicycles cruise by or grab your own bike and feel like you are truly living in New Orleans!
NEW ORLEANS is a major port city. Expect to hear train whistles, fog horns on ships and calliopes on paddlewheel boats! In our 4 years of renting we have never heard a complaint but we believe it's worth noting, it's charming after all. :)
- Bus stop is 20 yards (18m) away
- Taxi service is plentiful
- 1st riverfront street car stop is .7mi (1.1km)
- Walking is safe, enjoyable & easy
- Biking is fun! (there are no hills here)
- Running or jogging is very popular along Chartres Street but even more so in our new lovely Crescent Park along the river, just a few blocks from the house and up the levee
- 6 Cruisers are available to rent for $25 per bike/per visit!
- Helmets available
- Locks included
- If you tell us ahead of time we can have them ready and waiting for you!
Other Things to Note
Jamie will be available by phone/text/email and is ready to share his local knowledge with you!
We take great pride in our home and are constantly making improvements. We like to keep things very clean and like to be as accommodating as possible. Just ask! We love enjoying our city and love to help other people enjoy it too.
Jenn and Carl
Smoking outside only. No open flames of any sort inside.
Sorry, no pets.
About the Host, Jamie
I am a British bartender, ironworker and part time wedding officiant who came to New Orleans on vacation eight years ago, fell in love with the city and made my home here.
I cannot live without my beautiful wife Jenny and our grumpy French Bulldog Roland, football (a game played with a round ball and ones feet!), planting trees and the many opportunities to dress in costume that New Orleans offers throughout the year. I also love helping people discover off the beaten track things to do in this wonderful city!