Welcome to Alam Raya!
Walk in and start your vacation, retreat, cultural experience or whatever you have come for. Everything is set up and ready for you the same way we enjoy it. We travel a lot and have a business doing organic children's clothes out of Bali. This is our house.
Our house has a great breezy airflow and is generally a few degrees cooler than Ubud center that is more humid. In other words: The perfect temperature! So we do not have AC. The upstairs consists of 3 rooms. All rooms have screened windows and are mosquito proof, so there is no need to sleep under mosquito nets and because of the many windows, no air conditioning is needed.
The downstairs area is marked by a generous open space for lounging and playing.
The house is a more traditional wooden structure with wooden floors, walls and a natural thatch that creates a great energy flow.
Located only 20 minutes walking distance (5 minutes drive) from central Ubud in the village of Kutuh Kaja next to the Botanical Gardens. There are two covered parking spaces on the road that belong to the house for a car or scooters.
The house is sufficiently set back from the road with rice fields on one side, an empty lot on the other and the river in back of the house. The neighboring house is occupied by a single person who has lived there for over 7 years.
2-story generously sized safe private house. There are 2 staircases up, one on each side. The stairs are child-proofed (they have wooden gates that can be optionally closed) for infants and toddlers.
∆ Upstairs Area:
- 2 bedrooms furnished with queen size beds
- Lounge area with work desk
- Wooden floors
∆ Downstairs Area
- Open lounge area with dining table, bamboo lounge chairs, couch, yoga swing
- Separate work office with desk
- Kitchen fully equipped with 2 burner gas range, fridge, blender, toaster etc
- Bathroom with big family tub and rain-shower. Hot water
- Separate toilet.
- Fully enclosed property with garden in the back and front of house.
- Fresh water from on-property well.
- Great for small kids as we have gates on all stairs.
- Covered car /scooter parking
- Separate utility space with quiet top quality front loading hot water washing machine.
(you will appreciate this as all laundry servie in the area wash with cold water and you can use natural laundry detergent).
- Covered drying area.
- Regular cleaning Monday to Friday
- Garden maintenance
- Unlimited high-speed wireless internet (DSL) anywhere on the property
- We have a full-time driver with car. He can be your full time driver too (pro-rated for the time you stay for what we pay ($500 per month).
- 2 professional massage tables (you can call a therapist to come to the house)
- Yoga mats
- Yoga swing
- Cell phone that can be loaded with prepaid "pulsa"
- Filtered drinking water delivered weekly
- All utilities
- Helpful guide with phone numbers for everything you need from transportation to food.
- Towels, sheets etc.
- Onsite washing machine with hot water.
∆ Close by
- We don't have a pool (and don't want one) There is a saltwater pool just up the road past the Botanic Garden at “Sugars”. They charge a minimal fee and supply a towel.
- If you are into yoga there are many, many places to do yoga within 10 minutes on a scooter.
- Many good restaurants offer delivery service and are familiar with the house.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||14 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$490 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1697 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|