THREE SUPER-IMPORTANT THINGS!
(1) This house is now available on a MONTHLY basis only, and your first day must be between Dec. 22 and Dec. 28.
(2) PLEASE TELL US WHETHER ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY SMOKES. Our house is available to non-smokers only (smoking outside is NOT okay), so when booking or inquiring, PLEASE MENTION WHETHER ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY SMOKES so we'll know that you saw this. IF YOU DON'T ANSWER THIS QUESTION, WE WON'T CONSIDER AN INQUIRY OR BOOKING FROM YOU. Sorry about having to be so blunt, if we don't do that then nobody answers this question. Thank you for understanding. :)
(3) Utilities are not included, and run from $88-194/mo., depending on how much you conserve. Internet is an extra $42/mo., if you want it. The house has a WiFi router.
This is not our personal residence -- we operate this house specifically as a short-term rental. That means it's set up with everything you need, and you don't have to feel uncomfortable about living in someone else's space. Our own home is two doors down and we work from home, so if you need anything we're right there. Here's the scoop:
• This rental is for the whole house (not a room in a house)
• 3 bedrooms (all with queen beds and real hardwood floors), 1.5 baths
• We work hard to provide a great place to stay, and we have lots of positive reviews to prove it! :)
LOCATION: Centrally located, close to everything
- - Downtown: 1.2 miles to the edge, 2.5 miles to the center
- - University of Texas: 1.5 miles to center (2.4 km)
- - 6th Street entertainment district: 2.5 miles (4 km) ($9.50 by taxi)
- - State Capitol: 2 miles (3.2 km)
- - 1 block from convenience store w/ATM (closes at midnight)
- - 24-hour grocery store: 1 mile (1.6 km)
- - 0.6 miles to metro train station (1 km)
- - 1 block to bus stop for downtown, 3 blocks to bus stop to UT
WHAT YOU GET
• FURNITURE: Fully furnished with 3 queen-size beds (and sheets/pillows/blankets), 2 sofas (1 is a pullout bed), 3 night tables, 4 alarm clocks, 3 desks with chairs, 2 dressers, 3 closets with hangers, iron + ironing board, television+DVD player
• KITCHEN: Large refrigerator, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, popcorn popper, dishes, glasses, utensils, full-size gas stove, microwave oven, pots & pans, cooking implements, water filter; initial tea, coffee, organic popcorn & oatmeal
• BATHROOMS (1.5 baths): Towels, bathroom scales, hair dryers, initial soap, shampoo, toilet paper
• INTERNET: Wireless (WiFi) everywhere, plus Wired connection available in the living room, plus a desktop computer
• LAUNDRY: Front-loading washing machine, initial detergent, clothes drying line with clothespins in the back yard (coin laundry is one block away if you want to dry your clothes more quickly)
• SECURITY: Electronic door locks with your own personal code (so you don't have to worry about a previous guest having access). Lockable garage if you have large items to store. Security lights on the outside of the house.
• BICYCLES: Bicycles free for use with gears, lights, locks, and helmets.
• PARKING: Plentiful free parking on the street in front of and on the side of the house.
• HEATING / COOLING: Window unit air conditioner and an electric space heater in each room and living room (4 AC's and 4 heaters total). The house cools well, since it has a metal roof which deflects a lot of heat, and the south side of the house is shaded.
• Rate is $1804/mo. for any number of guests.
• Monthly guests pay for utilities/Internet separately to encourage conservation. City utilities are $88-194/mo. and gas is $11-22/mo., depending on how much you conserve. Internet is $42/mo. if you want it.
• No extra fee for pets if they're always outside or in the garage (not the main house). For pets who will ever stay inside the house, the pet fee is $200.
• Airbnb charges its own fee of 6-12%, and we don't see any part of that. We can't give you "the total" because we don't know exactly what Airbnb's fee will be. You can see the total on the top-right of the page by entering the dates you want.
(1) NO SMOKING, INSIDE OR OUTSIDE. If anyone in your party is a smoker, please do not stay with us! It's NOT okay to smoke in the yard, the street, or across the street -- our home is available to non-smokers only.
(2) No cooking meat outside (inside is fine).
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
CHECK-IN: As early as 7:00am.
CHECK-OUT: 10am. If you need a later check-out, let us know, and we might be able to accommodate you.
PLEASE TELL US WHETHER ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY SMOKES. Our house is available to non-smokers only (smoking outside is NOT okay), so when booking or inquiring, PLEASE MENTION WHETHER ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY SMOKES so we'll know that you saw this. IF YOU DON'T ANSWER THIS QUESTION, WE WON'T CONSIDER A BOOKING FROM YOU. We're very sorry for having to put this so strongly, but some past guests have made that necessary. Thank you very much for understanding.
We offer a safe, comfortable, clean, fully-furnished stay, and we hope you enjoy your stay with us!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||30 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$448 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1850 /month|
|Check In:||7:00 AM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Michael and Masami are the perfect hosts! They are very helpful and welcoming. The house has a good location in a very charming and up-coming neighborhood; tons I great bars, cafés, restaurants and a organic shop. The house has all you need: bikes, towels, sheets, computer, wifi, tv, furnitures and a well equipped kitchen. I can strongly recommend the house, location and of cause Michael and Masami! They are great
I spent a couple of nights at Michael and Masami's house with my wife and two young children and it was perfect....Great location, immaculate, and well-equipped. Our hosts were responsive to our queries and needs and the whole process was very easy. They contacted us right after we left to let us know that we'd forgotten a few things and offered to mail them to us straight away. We highly recommend this cute, little house to anyone looking for a reasonably priced house near downtown.
Michael and Masami's place was very clean and roomy. They were also accommodating hosts. When their water heater broke down during our stay, they offered all kinds of ways to compensate us for circumstances beyond their control. We would definitely stay there again if we were to go to Austin.
The stay at Michael & Masami's was really great! The house was spacious and convenient to travel to both the airport and downtown. Having a numbered lock really helped going in and out as well as helping us feel safe. The best part was that they provided such nice toiletries, breakfast, towels, and really everything that made you feel like you were living in a hotel. Thank you Michael and Masami! Would definitely stay here if I went to Austin again :)
We had to fly our college age kids into Austin instead of Dallas due to ticket costs and needed a place to stay until they arrived. Michael and Masami's place fit the bill perfectly. The place is conveniently located to all of Austin's activities, was clean, laid out interestingly and furnished comfortably. Michael and Masami were model AirBnb hosts, and we would certainly recommend this place to anyone as the photos don't do it justice. Thanks again.
There place was neat and organized. Plenty of room and the bikes came in super handy. They are very organized and have helpful notes that tell you whats what around the house. It felt very professional and I would gladly stay here again.
Spotlessly clean house with plenty of room for a group!
Michael & Masami's house was a great find. It's easy to get to, close to everything you might need, and large enough to comfortably accommodate our party of 6. Highly recommended!
We rented Michael and Masami's home for two night to spend the weekend in Austin. The home was nice and comfortable. It was in a great location close to the highway, downtown and various restaurants. Their cute home (the photos don't do it justice) was located in a quiet, nicely shaded neighborhood so it was great coming back after a busy day and just taking it easy.
Our hosts were very gracious and considerate. the house was stocked with furniture that was comfortable. They had provided various little amenities such as bagels and orange juice, the local paper, and other things that made us feel right at home.
I would definitely recommend their home to anyone and look forward to hopefully visiting them again next time we're in Austin.
My wife and I, along with 4 other friends stayed at this property for 3 nights this last weekend. Our stay was absolutely amazing and we loved the house.
The house is very cozy and comfortable and the location is very nice. We were within few minutes of all the action in the downtown area. We did have a rental car to get around, but even if you do not have a car they are 5 -6 bikes in the house which you can use to go to many places on Manor road. We took the bikes out and went to a thai food truck couple of minutes away and the food was amazing.
The beds in the rooms are very comfortable and the AC's in every room kept us happy and cool! :) When we checked in the fridge was stocked with a bottle of orange juice and bagels for all of us. I felt that was a very nice touch.
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this place for your next Austin trip!