This log cabin has fantastic views of the Smoky Mountains and is appointed with top of the line amenities including jacuzzi tubs, hot tub, pillow-top mattresses, HD flat screen tvs in every room. There's plenty of parking for all our guests.
1. What to Expect: It is important you carefully review our property description and details prior to making your reservation. We make every effort to assure that all descriptions and representations in our website are accurate.
2. Reservations: The booking party must be at least 25 years of age. We will NOT rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age. Only the guest named on the reservation may notify Shaconage Lodge to cancel a reservation.
3. Check-in time is 3:00PM although the cabin may be ready earlier. Call on arrival date to check status of cabin. Check-out is 10:00AM.
4. Shaconage Property is to remain on the premises at all times. Guests may NOT take chairs, pillows, towels or other items from the property during day trips. Missing linens will result in additional charges.
5. Housekeeping, Linen and Supplies: NO DAILY MAID SERVICE. An initial setup of our cabin provides bed linens (sheets, pillowcases, 1 blanket & bedspread per bed), bath towels, wash cloths and shower mats for the occupancy of the unit along with a starter supply of spa supplies including bath salts, bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, makeup remover and hand lotion. In addition, we provide starter packets of dish soap, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, and paper goods. The house is cleaned, hot tub is sanitized, filled and beds (except sofa beds) are made prior to your arrival. Daily maid service is not provided and guest is expected to launder towels, etc. as needed during their stay. Washers & Dryers are provided without extra charge for this purpose. It is not necessary to wash towels or bed linen prior to departure. It is a good idea to bring a beach towel for hot tub use and in cooler months to bring extra blankets. We do not have daily housekeeping so any additional linen will need to be requested at time of reservation.
6. Prior to your arrival everything will be cleaned and inspected to insure functionality. Please notify us immediately upon arrival should you find anything that requires our attention.
7. Teenage, or young overnight guests, must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
8. No firearms, including BB guns.
9. Loud music, loud noise and profanity are strictly prohibited.
10. Public Intoxication will be grounds for immediate eviction and loss of rental funds.
11. Weather: You are renting a cabin with a spectacular view, you will have to drive up winding mountain roads. Weather changes quickly in the mountains. Plan your trip according to the weather. For current road conditions travelers have several options such as or by dialing 511 within Tennessee or ( outside the state. In winter, though our weather is ordinarily fine, you should come prepared with extra food, 4-wheel drive and/or chains. We do not refund due to weather conditions.
12. Nearest Airport The closest airport is McGee/Tyson (TYS) located in Knoxville TN, and is approximately 50 miles from our lodge.
13. A Complete Inventory of the cabin is made after each rental period and the renter is responsible for any items missing, damaged or in need of professional cleaning. In the event of damages or extra cleaning requirements, additional charges may be applied against your deposit.
14. Lost and Found & Personal Property: We are not responsible for personal property left behind, stolen or damaged during your stay. Never leave valuables (cash, wallets, jewelry, camera, etc.) unattended. If you find you have left something behind, call our office and we will try to locate the missing item. Items unclaimed more than 14 days will be disposed of or given to charity.
15. Hot Tub - We do have a hot tub and Jacuzzi style tubs on site so please instruct your children on water and its hazards. If you're bringing young children please be aware that our cabin is NOT childproofed. Absolutely NO SOAP, BATH BUBBLES, BATH OILS, etc. in hot tub.While not using the Hot Tub please keep cover closed and latched as the wind will pick it up off of the hot tub. Please call if you have questions regarding the operation of your hot tub. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in the hot tub prior to your arrival. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are NOT designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT SIT OR STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS, they will break and you will be charged for replacement. Remember, when not using the hot tub; leave the cover on so the hot tub will stay warm. If the Hot Tub remains uncovered for prolonged periods of time, this can result in damage to the heating elements and you will be responsible for all damages/repairs. No children under the age of fourteen (14) are permitted in the hot tub for any reason at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there are certain health risks associated with this facility. Use at your own risk.
16. Quiet Hours are 11PM - 8AM EST. No guest(s) will be permitted to disturb the peaceful quiet of other guests in nearby cabins. Any person(s) displaying loud, drunken, or unruly behavior at any time will be asked to leave without a refund.
17. HOUSE PARTIES - ARE NOT ALLOWED! While this does not apply to 99.9% of our renters; this cabin is our family's personal vacation home. We rent to families, friends, and groups of people who seek fun though traditional vacations. We truly want our guests to enjoy their stay in Shaconage, and we expect social interactions including music, drinking and laughter with friends and family to occur in the cabin. We do not, however, expect nor permit full-fledged late-night big parties at our cabin. Most of our guests go to Shaconage to have a relaxing mountain getaway.
18. Rental Guest understands and agrees that the premises shall not be occupied over night by more than the maximum capacity of 14.
19. No Drinking of alcoholic beverages by persons under the legal age of twenty-one (21) is allowed. Should a Guest(s) or guest of Guest(s) be arrested for underage drinking at the rental unit property or should Shaconage staff observe a Guest(s) or guest of Guest(s) under the age of 21 drinking alcoholic beverages, this shall be grounds for termination of agreement, immediate eviction from property and loss of rental funds.
20. Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited!
21. Utility Service: Cable, telephone, gas, electric and water service are not under our control and cannot be guaranteed No refund will be made for interruption in service beyond our control.
22. No Pets are allowed in or around the facility.
23. Insects/Pest/Bears: Though our unit is sprayed monthly by a professional pest control company, guests are in the mountains and woods and depending upon the time of year may encounter Bear, Deer, Turkey, Ladybugs, Carpenter Bees, Wasps, Yellow Jackets, Scorpions, Ticks, Ants, Chiggers, etc... In the event of a major infestation, we will call maintenance or pest control to attempt to solve the problem, Guests are encouraged to dress accordingly and to bring insect repellent for outdoor activities.
24. Cleaning Requirements: Guest(s) are required to leave the property in the same general condition it was when Guest(s) arrived. Shaconage staff will dust, mop and sanitize the cabin upon your departure. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit. Guest(s) is responsible for any damage, abuse, excessive cleanup requirements, or loss caused by any member of Guest(s) party to the property or its contents during Guest(s) occupancy. Inspectors walk through each property after checkout to ensure the property is left in good order. We take great pride in providing you with a clean cabin surrounded by a pristine environment. This is our home. We hope you’ll care for it too, enabling future guests to enjoy the unspoiled view as well. Please be aware that if we require more than two hours to clean your cabin after your departure or if we have to patrol our grounds picking up trash, cans, bottles, cigarette butts, discarded food or animal waste surrounding your cabin, you WILL be charged a minimum of $60 in excessive & unusual cleaning fees for this service. Please leave the cabin as you found it and follow the simple Check-out Instructions posted by the door in the cabin. Please leave your cabin in the same clean orderly condition it was in for your arrival. To facilitate scheduling of our cleaning crews & out of consideration for our other guests, who may be arriving on your departure date, all late check-outs must be arranged for & approved in advance by management.
25. Parking: Our cabin provides ample off-street parking for standard vehicles. NOTICE TO GUESTS BRINGING TRAILERS OR CAMPERS: Due to the mountain topography and hair pin turns it can be challenging to get large campers or large trailers to the cabin. Care should be taken with high vehicles to not tear down the power line which crosses above the driveway.
26. NO FIREWORKS! NO FIREARMS!
27. Smoking Policy: For the comfort of all of our guests NO SMOKING IS PERMITTED inside the cabin. Our cabin has wide covered porches with rocking chairs & ashtrays. Smoking is permitted outside. (We want to keep our cabins smoke free for our guests who have allergies, so our minimum charge for smoking inside a cabin is $200). When possible, we ask that you PLEASE use the ashtrays provided & do not throw your cigarette butts on the ground. Our grounds are heavily wooded and a carelessly discarded cigarette could cause a major fire.
28. TV/Internet/Media/Electronics: As in any home, appliances and electronic equipment may malfunction on occasion. We will make every effort to correct or repair items during regular business hours as soon as possible. No refunds will be given for malfunction of any equipment. If you do attempt to change the settings or cables to the equipment, we will need to send a TV technician to the home to reconnect anything necessary to restore proper working order and Guest will be charged for the service call. Further, Shaconage is equipped with state of the art televisions and equipment, and we strive to maintain this equipment and provide a significant amount of choices from the cable provider. We do, however, have restrictions in place to block access to channels that require additional payment. Also, the home theater in the family room is set up with a universal remote that has been specifically programmed to allow the easiest possible accessibility for our guests. In the event that a guest tampers with the equipment in order to gain viewing of blocked channels or equipment is unhooked or altered for game hookups and is not returned to original status and we have to call the cable provider for a service call, the Guest credit card will be charged for the service call. Also, if a guest breaks or damages the universal remote, the Guest will be charged for the replacement of the remote. This remote is not a toy, and children should never be allowed to use it or play with it. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
The booking party is responsible for informing all members of his/her group of the rules & regulations above.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable.
This host has 27 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My father grew up in the Smoky Mountains and we still have plenty of relatives living up and down the mountain ranges. As a result, I grew up vacationing in and around the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge areas and so have loved this area for as long I can remember. My wife fell in love too on her first visit. It has been our dream to retire here and so we purchased a cabin that would eventually be our permanent home. We wanted a place with low crime rate where our grand kids can come and spend time with us and there would plenty for us to do with them. After more than a year of searching we finally found the place to call home.