About this listing
Located in the heart of SE Portland's famed Hawthorne and Division Street Districts, the Rosebud is a happy throwback to your grandma's guest room. The private room is perfect for an individual or a cozy pair.
From your private room - perfect for a single person or a cozy pair (queen bed) - you will enjoy a garden/street view in a quiet city neighborhood with coffee shops, gourmet markets, restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. Separate, private bath with tub/shower. WiFi access and on-street parking included. Also, we have air-conditioning and, in the summer, you will want it. Trust us. Please note that use of our tea kettle is guaranteed but breakfast is not included. We tried it and it simply didn't work well for our guests.
During your stay you'll have keys to both the house and the Rosebud, so come and go as you please. You'll also have a full bath that is yours exclusively during your visit.
Interaction with Guests
I enjoy hearing about your adventures but you shouldn't feel obligated to share. Mostly, the household just goes on about its day and assumes you're doing the same.
From this choice location you can easily explore quirky Portland via foot, bike, bus, light rail or car. At the Rosebud you're walking distance from Division/Clinton Street area, Hawthorne Blvd, Belmont Street, and any number of food cart pods, coffee shops, bakeries, restaurants, music venues, boutiques, spas, ...you name it, we got it! Additionally, We're only minutes from downtown, the Pearl district, the Oregon Convention Center, the Moda Center, an extensive variety of theater, music, food, and booze establishments, not to mention Powells Books, Mount Tabor Park, and the Waterfront/Esplanade.
Only an hour's drive away, the Columbia River Gorge is paradise for walkers, hikers, windsurfers and golfers alike. The Oregon Coast is just over an hour's drive from Portland and, if you haven't been, we highly recommend it. But take a coat, scarf, and hat (even in summer)!
Buses, bikes, street cars, trains, rickshaws, feet, cabs, scooters, Uber,...whatever you want it's probably possible in Portland.
Portland's Union Train Station (Amtrak) is 2.92 miles/3.4 km from the Rosebud Room.
From the Airport, we are just under 12 miles/18.55 km. Both places are quick trips by car, taxi, and Uber. Bus/Lightrail are options too.
Other Things to Note
City, County, and State occupancy taxes are collected from you and remitted by AirBnB on my behalf. City of Portland Business Registration Number: 734948
1. If you don't see it and you need it, just ask.
2. Let's be reasonable here. No loudness after 11pm on school nights. Otherwise, your schedule is your own.
3. Please don't bring visitors over for extended visits without our express approval.
4. If you borrow anything, leave it here when you check-out.
5. No weapons on the premises, please.
7. Smoking inside is not allowed.
8. Breakfast is not included with your stay. We tried it and discovered it simply didn't work well for our guests.
9. You are welcome and encouraged to make yourself comfortable in the living room at any time during your stay. You are also invited to make use of the tea kettle in the kitchen. Please note, however, that these rooms serve as family living spaces (as opposed to the Rosebud Room and the Rosebud Bathroom which are specifically guest spaces) and, therefore, may have a lived-in or even untidy appearance on occasion.
10. Enjoy your stay at the Rosebud. I'm looking forward to meeting you.