Enjoy the uninterrupted view of Mount Washington from the cathedral ceiling-ed Living/Dining Room of this expansive unit in the heart of the White Mountains! Fully equipped and supplied kitchen, 2 Bedrooms, 2 baths, plus a huge loft for playing and sleeping. Mount Washington is the highest peak in the northeastern US at 6,288 feet and is the highlight of the Presidential range of the Appalachian mountains. The Carter range is also visible from the Living Room and deck.
Located minutes from the quaint village of Jackson, NH (2.5 miles away by car or walkable thru the woods for the adventurous) and North Conway, NH (7 miles), close to:
- Storyland (1 mile), Attitash with Alpine Slide, Mountain Coaster and water park (5 miles), Wildcat chairlift ride or zipline (13 miles), Mt. Washington Auto Road (14 miles), Santa's Village (41 miles), and Clark's Trading Post (52 miles)
- White Mountain National Forest for great hiking/climbing/canoeing/kayaking/biking/skiing - short drive to most hiking trailheads, including multiple points along the Appalachian Trail, the world-famous hiking trail
- Hundreds of tax-free outlets, stores, and shops - from 2 to 10 miles away
- Diverse range of over 50 restaurants - all easily accessible - again from 1 mile to 10+ miles away
Comfortable family location, my townhouse includes:
- 3 bedroom areas sleep 6 very comfortably, including a large master bedroom suite (queen bed) with master bath, plus a guest bedroom (2 twin beds), as well as a huge loft area (4 twin beds and lots of room to play also!)
- Large cathedral living/dining area warmed by gas stove, with cathedral ceiling of natural wood
- Deck for looking out at Mt. Washington
- Gazebo in front, with an interesting cliff behind it - great for hiking - you can even hike to Jackson, NH for lunch or happy hour!
- Full kitchen (full refrigerator w/freezer, full electric range, dishwasher, large microwave, coffee maker & coffee grinder, crockpot)
- Comes fully supplied with sheets, towels, paper products, and kitchen staples such as condiments and spices
- No need for you to do the cleaning - it'll be cleaned upon your departure (price included)
- Wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi), as well as 3 TVs/DVD/VHS in the living room, kid's loft, and master bedroom
- AND BEST - includes use of my membership to an on-property sports club that includes indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fitness room, computer/game room including wii games, full-sized pool tables/game room, plus hot tub, sauna, and steam rooms! Group friendly large building - many party/activities/catering possibilities.
Escape, relax, and enjoy the outdoors and views for a weekend, or a week! Mid-week a 3 night minimum is preferred. Check out article in Yankee Magazine ((email hidden)/drives/newhampshire for description of area highlights.
The entire place, including the mountain top views, and clubhouse with indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, sauna, and steam rooms, in addition to exercise room, locker room and quiet library and game room.
I will not be on site at all during your rental, but I'm just a quick phone call away for any questions or issues.
This hilltop community feature great views, quiet paved roads and trails for walking, and a fabulous club with fitness, swimming, electronic games, library with board game & a social gathering area.
2 miles from Storyland - 5 minutes by car; 10 minutes to Attitash and it's wart park & slides, and mountain coaster.
Safety: 3 working smoke detectors, fire extinguisher, and child proof plug covers available, as needed.
We had a wonderful time at Gail's place! It was everything she said it would be, and Gail was extremely attentive via email and phone. We will definitely be back! Thanks so much to Gail!
Really enjoyed our stay at Gail's place, a true mountain escape. Very well situated, close to grocery, restaurants but most importantly to great hiking trail heads. Also enjoyed the spa after our long hikes. Communication with Gail was fantastic, had the impression we were renting a friend's place. Will surely be back, thank you !
guylaine, pierre and corona
Apartment is wonderful, location beautiful and Gail is fabulous. Communication is fast and on target. She really knows the neighborhood and has great tips for all ages. Gail provided us with very detailed drive up tips, including stops with cool things to do and see for our 3 year old Sofia.
This was our first visit, in early October, to this beautiful region and we had a great experience with this rental, from initial contact to checkout! The location is excellent and accommodation was basic but very reasonable for the six adults in the party. Gail is very friendly and helpful with all our enquirers.We would definitely recommend this place to our friends!
Spacious house in a beautiful and exclusive location.
House is well equiped with all the necessary convieniences.
Ideal base from where to explore the area with many activities nearby.
The fall scenery from the house was breathtaking and the estate itself offers many recreational opportunities.
Although we did not meet Gaill check in was easy with enough information from Gail to make it easy to explore the area.
Lorraine, I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to the White Mountains. I love sharing them with others. Yes, there are tons of activities - the hiking can't be beat, everything from high summits to rambles along streams with cascades, water falls, and big boulders to claim king of the mountain on! Kids love it, I find it great exhilarating exercise! The North Conway area has the highest peaks in all of New England, glad you enjoyed! I hope you got some tax-free shopping in to, with North Conway's extensive outlet shopping. Hope you found the ways around the traffic, there are lots of ways around!
Amazing condominium with its own entrance from outside, upstairs in a building having 4 units. Inside is very spacious and comfortable, with a good (albeit somewhat dated) kitchen, large fridge and plenty of glassware, utensils and everything else you would need for cooking meals during a multi-day stay - which we did extensively.
Plenty of parking space.
Internet connectivity is excellent.
The condo is part of a large complex of similar buildings spread over half a mountain,all looking similar, and part of a large development project in the 70's, very nicely done with all buildings well spread out. The Linderhof resort has its own club with outdoor and indoor pool (outdoors closed as of end Sept), hot tub, billiards, bar, entertainment lounge and a room with multiple computers. All these can be used for free by guests of Gail - we did so on a rainy day.
From the balcony you have a great view onto Mt Washington.
North Conway, a very nice town with lots of outlets, shops and restaurants is within 10 minutes easy reach, but gets very busy in weekends.
There are plenty of booklets available to help guide visitors finding their way in the beautiful White Mountains area.
Before and during our stay Gail, our host, has been extremely responsive (we had a couple of small issues with some kitchen items that will require fixing, but not a real nuisance). Pity we could not meet her in person, I feel we would have got along well.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, and can only strongly recommend Gail's offering and spacious holiday facility to others who consider a mountain holiday.
Eric, so glad you had a great stay after planning it so completely. I was honored to be of assistance making it possible! Yes, thanks for pointing out a few things that had broken over the summer: Faucet repair is scheduled and new kettle is purchased! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, catching the New England foliage at its peak! Hope you can get back again!
Very nice and convenient apartment. If you are looking for a quite and wonderful place, this is an ultimate location. In the other hand close to all the necessary services you need for your stay.
Gail is very cooperative and with a quick respond to any request.
We are four friends from Belgium who travelled New England in September 2013. Gail's Swiss chalet was a perfect starting point for the exploration of the White Mountains. The chalet is very spacious, well-equipped (a bit outdated but that was charming in its own way), and has indeed amazing views! We loved each having our own bed, and the two bathrooms were a very big plus too.
We enjoyed our excursions to Mount Washington, the Glen Ellis Falls, Bretton Woods, the Kancamagus Highway, Cannon Mountain, and the Settlers Green outlet. We went down one evening to the Christmas Club to have a drink, but unfortunately, this time of year, there is not much going on. However, the dinner place that the lady at the reception recommended turned out to be a wonderful experience. Go to the White Mountain Cider Company if you can!
Last but not least: communication with Gail was easy and fast.
Excellent location, easy to find. We enjoyed our stay. 2 bathrooms are nice to have with 4 guests. Outlets are nearby in case of rain.
Amazing landscape around the property, and this condo was more than enough space. Gail had good communication throughout, no complaints.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.