About this listing
Fully stocked PRIVATE apt in an OCEANFRONT BUILDING, BEACH ACCESS & POOL on famous Ocean Dr! Efficient 220 sq ft apt is a South Beach AFFORDABLE STAY! Construction & renovations happening at building. AMAZING location! Please read full description.
Awarded AirBnB SUPERHOST status!
PRIVATE efficiency apartment in a building with BEACH ACCESS on famous OCEAN DRIVE! There are no frills in this older non-luxurious Art Deco building/apartment but you get an AMAZING LOCATION for a LOW PRICE. This is a fully stocked studio apt in an oceanfront building with a POOL, an AFFORDABLE beachfront stay!
WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW:
* Gated historical Art Deco building located ON OCEAN DRIVE.
* Bunk beds sleeps 3: double size on bottom and twin size on top. 4th on a trundle bed- let's discuss.
* We do not recommend 4 adults in this limited space, but decision is yours.
* 220 sq feet, efficient apartment.
* Fully stocked: stove, small fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, cutlery, cups, dishes, pots, pans, iron, blow dryer, bedding blankets, towels (bath & beach), beach chairs, beach umbrellas.
* Everything inside this apartment is for your use. As a courtesy, we provide our guests with a few basics to start off your trip smoothly. If you need replenishments or would like to purchase your own favorites, we recommend Walgreens on Collins Ave a& 5th St. Open 24 hours.
* Wall mount A/C.
* Free WiFi, basic cable, flat-screen TV.
* Legal and licensed short-term rental.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
* Please read construction work details below on 'other things to note'.
* This is an apartment building, not a hotel/ no front desk.
* No smoking allowed inside the unit/building- strict policy.
* No pets allowed.
* Cleaning fee covers check-out cleaning only.
* Check in: 4:PM & Check out: 11:AM.
Dates you wanted not available? Check out our OTHER apartments in the SAME BUILDING. Go to our full profile and click on ‘view all listings’.
* Direct Beach Access
* Coin operated washing machine/dryers
* Beach Yoga at lifeguard stand- donation based, sunrise & sunset
Interaction with Guests
* We are available by email, phone, or in-person at your request
* We provide food recommendations and local tips
* We speak English, Spanish, Dutch, and German
Beachfront building is located ON OCEAN DRIVE between 3rd St & 4th St. This is an amazing location! Enjoy the country's most beautiful beaches at your doorstep in coveted 'SoFi' (south of fifth). One block from the famous 'neon strip'. Walking distance to bars, restaurants and designer shopping.
* Parking: Street metered parking ($1.75/ hour). Public parking lot $20/night. We do not recommend renting a car as everything is easily accessible to get around in south beach via taxi, bus, bike, or walking.
* SoBe Local Bus: 25¢ a ride. Runs every 15-20 mins daily.
* Decobike: Bike Rental program, runs 24 hrs.
* Swoop Miami: Free rides in pimped out golf carts, tip-based.
* Uber: Its like the AirBnB for taxi service. Use code uberBeachBumAmigos for $25 off your first ride!
Other Things to Note
To better serve our guests, our 3 story Historical Art Deco building is under renovation. Construction work at the building is typically M-F 8-5. Since the building is under renovation there may be scaffolding, dust, and construction work at and in the building.
* Our front area/ west front façade is undergoing a complete restoration and is an active construction zone.
* Please plan for the possibility that there may not be main front door access during your stay as it may risk guests safety, access will be made on both southwest entry gates.
* Other projects may also be undertaken both in the areas of scheduled projects and in areas that have not yet been designated.
While most guests don't appear be bothered by these special circumstances (see our reviews), we kindly ask that you do consider this prior to booking.
If you want an AFFORDABLE BEACHFRONT STAY in South Beach with a POOL, this is the place for you!
* Mutual trust, respect, and open communication are a must for a positive experience.
* Please do not send mail or packages to this address.
* Overnight guests who are not in the AirBnB reservation are not permitted.
* Please do not place luggage on the furniture, instead use the luggage racks provided.
* Kindly keep sand at the beach. Please shake off towels and garments outside accordingly. Please use the outdoor shower by the pool area to help with these efforts before entering the pool, building, or apartment.
* Please do not place wet towels on furniture, kindly use the hooks provided.
* Please be respectful to your neighbors, keep music and the TV at a respectable volume. Have a good time, but no party animals, please.
* Please throw all garbage in the bins by the southwest front of the building.
* Do not wet electronic key fobs.
* Lost or damaged keys/electronic fob: $100 per set.
* Absolutely no subletting allowed.
* No smoking (of any kind) inside the unit.
* No pets.
* Absolutely no smoking pets! :-D
We truly enjoyed our stay at the apt. Walking distance to the beach and at the famous ocean drive. Rutger and Dante were very quick and responsive to our requests. Such wonderful people , they treat us like family.
We had a great stay at Marilyn. The apartment is perfectly located - it is on the beach and also walking distance to bars, restaurants and shops. The beach right outside the apartment is not very crowded (compared with further up on South Beach by the hotels). This makes it perfect for lounging and relaxing without a huge crowd and noise of people on jet skies and other water sports.
Our rooms were very clean when we arrived with everything we needed provided. Kitchen equipments, bathroom stuff, towels etc. and even beach chairs and umbrellas!
The apartment is secure and we felt completely safe at all times in the neighbourhood - on the streets and on the beach.
All in all we had a great experience. Would definitely recommend.
Oh and there is a private pool too for the apartment. Great to hang out at if you want to not be at the beach but still lounge outside.
My sister and I felt very welcome to the apartment. Dante came to meet us in the lobby and gave us the key and a tour of the building and area out back. There was also a nice greeting card on the table in the room (thank you!). The room was very well kept and was exactly as pictured. The apartment was fully loaded it was like we lived there. The TV was awesome too (we chose to leave it on food network). The area is so convenient because it is near all of the transportation buses and restaurants. We chose not to go to the restaurants in that area due to the high amount of tourists and outrageous prices for drinks/food. My advice is to go into downtown Miami if you're looking for regular priced restaurants. We had a great spot on the beach out back which was not too crowded and easy to brink the chairs and umbrella back upstairs from. The pool was also great and the other guests were very nice to us too.
We had the best time staying here in South Beach. Once we were settled in they sent us a list of food recommendations that was absolutely amazing! They were super accommodating when we decided to extend our stay twice. We fell in love with Miami and we will absolutely be back to visit!
We stayed at the Marilyn apartment for (3) nights and were very happy with the accommodation. Dante and Rutger were great hosts. They were very responsive and also provided detailed information about the area. We took up one their restaurant recommendations (La Locanda) and the food was outstanding. The location is perfect; being is only a few blocks from the primary entertainment area of South Beach. Everything was easily accessible, yet far enough away to offer a quiet escape from the hectic night life. We would definitely recommend.
Location, location, location. Great access to the beach, perfect for 2 or 3 people and the apartment has everything you need from beach umbrellas to a mini kitchen. Our hosts were great, I did not get to meet them but we were in constant communication and they were extremely helpful.
My twin sister and I stayed at the Marilyn Apartment for our 30th birthday weekend and our stay was nothing but great. Rutger and Dante were extremely accomondating and very nice! They even had a Happy Birthday banner waiting for us in the room! Which I though was very sweet! The apt was just like the pictures, very clean, and well equipped with beach chairs, towels, umbrellas etc. The pool was refreshing and we were a walk away from the beach! I can't wait to stay again and I would recommend their apartments to anyone!!
This host has 287 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Beach Bum Amigos
We are attentive hosts and care about all of our guests. We take the time to concentrate on the details of your stay to ensure you are comfortable and have an easy experience with AirBnB and our family-owned and operated apartments.
We love everything about our beautiful city, South Beach! We can't get enough of SoBe's BEAUTIFUL beaches, vibrant culture, delicious cuisines, and GREAT tropical weather!
We have made many new friends from around the globe, and can't wait to add you to the Beach Bum Amigos Familia!
All of our apartments are clean, efficient, legal and licensed. We will quickly reply to your questions and requests as we live only a few blocks away. Check out all of our apartments under "view all listings" to choose the one that speaks to you.
Please be sure to read the full description and if you have any questions, please inquire first before booking.
We can’t wait to share all of our favorite local hot spots with you!
Rutger, Cindy, and Dante
Beach Bum Amigos