About this listing
Feel right at home in this nicely furnished two-story house in South Philly's up-and-coming Newbold neighborhood. Close to airport, transit to Center City, universities & stadiums. For up to 4 people (2 + 2). See House Rules for important price info!
You'll be in a diverse and walkable neighborhood, convenient to many points of interest, just over two blocks from the subway with quick transit downtown and to universities (Temple, Penn, Drexel) and the stadiums. It's a great base for exploring Philadelphia.
Walk score: 92 (walker's paradise)
Transit score: 80 (excellent transit)
The two-story rowhouse is fully furnished, clean and comfortable. It is more than 100 years old, so expect some minor quirks!
What you'll find:
• Keyless front-door entry with your own code (no keys needed)
• Comfortable living/dining room to relax in, SmartTV (Netflix, Amazon and more), DVD player, stereo with CD player and inputs for your music player; AC in summer
• Fast wi-fi
• Main bedroom with queen-size bed (15" thick pillow-top mattress, medium firmness), clock radio, hair dryer, ceiling fan; window AC in summer
• Second bedroom with full-size bed (medium/firm standard mattress with memory foam topper), clock radio, hair dryer; window AC in summer
• All bedding, towels, etc
• Study/office with desk and printer (I can't guarantee it will work for you but it normally does); there's an extra single mattress here as well
• Telephone with free calling in US & Canada
• Bathroom with full shower and tub
• Additional half-bath (sink+toilet) in basement
• Washer and dryer (free), iron & ironing board
• Vintage eat-in kitchen stocked with cookware, dishes, condiments etc.
• Back patio with sitting/dining area and gas grill
See "Getting Around" for local parking info and more.
See "House Rules" for important booking info!
You have the whole house to yourself; I won't be there. Use anything in the kitchen including food. Replace (or leave money for) significant items you eat, but don't worry about minor things I leave for you (coffee, milk, yogurts, condiments and the like).
Interaction with guests
I live in my other house directly across the street. I'm usually able to welcome you when you arrive, and to answer any questions that come up. When I'm away traveling, my friend Sean is often available to do the same. We're both happy to give you advice about what's good to see and do in Philadelphia and how to get around!
Other things to note
Accessibility: There are four steps up to the front door. The bedrooms and the main bathroom are up one flight of stairs. The laundry and the secondary bathroom are down one flight of stairs.
Pricing and Booking:
• When to book: You can book far in advance for stays over a month, but usually not more than 2-3 weeks in advance for a 1-2 day stay, or 6-8 weeks in advance for a 1 week stay.
• I will try to accommodate last-minute guests but usually I need at least one day's notice.
• I will reduce the extra fee for additional guests for stays over a week (this is not shown in the automatic calculation!)
• In number of guests, *every* person counts, of any age from 0 up (despite what Airbnb says).
• You must be verified to book. Please look under Edit Profile / Verification. Also fill out your profile fully, especially if you have no reviews yet.
• Please let us know your expected arrival and departure times. Early check-in and late check-out may be possible if pre-arranged.
• Shoes off upstairs, if possible
• Smoking outside only (the patio is partially sheltered).
• Please keep noise down, especially late at night. You can have visitors of course, but no parties.
• Of course, no illegal activities.
Detailed instructions about use of the house are in the welcome guide, which you will be able to access after you book.
If you have any questions or problems, or find anything missing or broken (or you break something!), just let me know right away so I can solve the problem.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 26 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a filmmaker and consultant who travels a lot, but Philadelphia is my home base. I've lived in and visited many different places in the US and abroad and hosted travelers many, many times. Good experiences, as host or guest, start with good communications and end with expectations that are fully met.
As a host, I try to make sure that my place offers everything that I've wished for as a traveler -- both the basics and the details. I hope it contributes to your enjoyment of your visit to Philadelphia.