About this listing
Hati Suci is located 13 km, 20 mins north of busy Ubud. Amid luscious rice fields on the edge of virgin jungle it reflects conscious sustainability and permaculture principles. Flexible accommodation suiting family, friends, retreats. NEW INTRO OFFER
NEW INTRO OFFER
IMPORTANT: This introductory offer reflects that the current access is via a concrete made rice field path, the last 5 metres of which, (at present), is unmade and we advise may be unsuitable for elderly or infirm visitors.
Hati Suci (Clean or Pure Heart) is the name of our property. There are four houses on the property. Hati Suci has been built as a tranquil home with three extra guest houses. The antique wooden structures have personality and rustic luxury running throughout. The owners personal taste and belongings add to the warmth and homeliness of the total property.
The property, however, also suits as a small intimate retreat space. It is peaceful and luxurious, situated just outside a village, with all the community and spirituality of traditional Balinese life.
The main house has two double bedrooms, two bathrooms, one with a large open air bath. It also has a well equipped kitchen, a sumptuous wooden dining table capable of seating sixteen, and a spacious living area that can be used as a meditation or yoga space.
Two of the guest houses have their own equipped kitchens and terraces, all three have bathrooms and stunning views.
All five bedrooms have their own safe, big enough to hold a 17 inch laptop.
A 13m salt water swimming pool is central to the property, surrounded by the maturing garden. A large comfortable Bale (covered seating area) is next to the pool, with other comfortable seating areas in abundance. Nearby, a covered traditional grass roofed building holds two hammocks and a swing chair for guests use.
The 13m pool is 1.4m deep.
Hati Suci has been built with a conscious effort towards sustainability and permaculture. We have a passive solar water heating system, non chemical waste water treatment, rain catchment and gardens that are chemical free. Consequently a piping hot shower might not be available on cloudy days. However, Bali weather obliges us most days for hot water.
The Garden consists of vegetable gardens, herb areas, newly planted fruit trees and tropical planting. Any produce is available for your personal use. It is an ever evolving work in progress. There is also a fish pond, integral to the waste water system. Our gardeners take pride in this project based on permaculture principles. Flowers, butterflies and birds are plentiful.
Wi-Fi Internet is included (please bring your own laptop or tablet).
PLEASE NOTE: This property is on the edge of living, working rice fields and jungle and there are creatures around. The property is thoroughly cleaned daily (including the beds stripped and swept), but the odd ant, frog, lizard or other local creature may encroach on occasion.
We do not have AC, and choose to take advantage of the natural breezes.
PETS: John and Betty and Karen are the resident cats at Hati Suci. They are effective and necessary in keeping some wildlife out of the houses. Affectionate yet independent they are part of the rental. Our staff will take care of their needs. We ask that you treat them with respect.
We have easy access by motorbike or car (taxi services can be arranged) to Ubud, the cultural centre of Bali. The 20 minute drive is breathtaking, winding through the jungle, rice fields, river valleys and several traditional villages.
Ubud abounds with restaurants, shops, spas, yoga, cooking, batik and art classes along with many healing modalities. It has several art galleries and a museum. Evenings offer Balinese dance performances, Fire ceremonies and Gamelan.
We are a one and a half hour drive from the airport, one hour from the nearest beaches and half an hour from Kintamani, which is on the edge of the volcano, Mount Batur.
Hati Suci and the surrounding rice fields themselves are in a unique and tranquil setting. Higher than Ubud towards the foothills of the volcano, it is tropical but not as hot as the beach areas. There are fewer mosquitoes but wildlife is abundant.
Hati Suci has a manager, two housekeepers and a gardener. Laundry can be done for an additional fee. Also some local restaurants deliver to the house, menus are provided.
The three smaller wooden houses have raised open terraces, with kitchens and lounging areas underneath.
Access to the property is via a 4 minute walk along the rice field path, the last 6metres is unmade, It is beautiful, authentic, used daily by local rice farmers but it is uneven, unlit and we think unsuitable for the elderly and infirm.
Interaction with guests
There is daily cleaning, pool maintenance and gardening included. Our manager will be at hand and we provide an Indonesian mobile with useful numbers and contacts. Daily offerings are made at the houses and temples on the land by our Balinese help. Should you want complete privacy at any time, then we will fully respect that, just please let us know, however, offerings have to be accommodated at some time most days.
Other things to note
1. The rental includes the manager, 3 housekeepers and 2 gardeners.
2. If possible bring a photocopy of your passport , it is required by law that all visitors be registered, and this will eliminate the need for your actual passport to be taken to the police station.
3. Mobile phones are available for your use.
4. There is unlimited internet access included with the house. Please be patient, Bali is not a first world country and occasionally internet lapses for short periods.
5. This is a safe area, however we are not responsible for any valuables left in the house. There is a strong secure safe in each bedroom, please keep your travel documents, money, laptops and any other valuables in there.
6. We can provide a laundry service,
An information sheet with itemised prices is in the houses.
7. We are in the middle of the working rice fields and, occasionally, usually for brief amounts of time, there can be issues with the electricity or internet. Please be patient, it is normally back on fairly quickly.
8. Our water supply is stored rain water with emergency top up through piped spring water. Our manager and gardener will monitor supplies.
9. Toilet and bathroom waste is managed through an organic waste water system using worms. Please never use bleach or strong chemicals, although the system copes with normal shampoos and soaps. Please use the bins provided for toilet paper and sanitary towels. Thank you.
10. Also, the area is teeming with birds and wildlife, occasionally these creatures might "trespass" ... they have no idea of what man-made boundaries mean. The staff clean thoroughly daily, so be assured we move them on and there are no actual "residents".
11. We have excellent reasonably priced massage therapists, manicurists etc. who can be scheduled at the property.
Massage beds are available at the property.
12 . We've already said it but John and Betty and now Karen too are the resident cats that live here, with whoever is hosting. They are friendly and efficient at keeping unwanted small animals out of the house and our staff will feed them. We are sorry but their residency is non negotiable :-) Thank you.
13. We respectfully ask guests to stop playing music and keep the noise down after 9pm. We have close neighbours and hope that you can also respect their tranquility. Thank you
RELAX AND ENJOY :-)
Please be aware that you have neighbours, we respectfully ask that all music is switched off from 10pm to preserve the tranquility of Hati Suci.
Please don't smoke inside the house, or light candles. The houses are made of wood!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 94 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi we are Balinese, parents of two children and we live in Ubud. We manage several properties. We look forward to hosting you through airbnb and meeting you sometime soon.
Our aim is to give you a trouble free, peaceful holiday in one of our beautiful old traditional houses.
Loly and Ilhu