About this listing
Historical, listed, old stone building, quiet room, situated on edge of Coleraine town, close to river walks & forest but also supermarkets, Costa Coffee, gym, fuel station, cash dispenser.
Central to all the beaches ( 15 mins drive) Portrush, Portstewart and to the west Binevenagh, Castlerock, Downhill, Mussendun Temple .
Tourist sites; Giants Causeway, Dunluce Castle, Carrick A Rede rope bridge to the East (15 -25 mins).
A tastefully converted historical listed building, with a mix of contemporary / classical decor, original paintings and prints. Quiet and relaxing situated within mature communal grounds which are beautifully maintained.
The room is perfect for 2 people staying.
Breakfast is included.
Super fast wifi.
Kitchen and incorporated living area for you to relax in or prepare simple meals.
Private patio. Perfect for breakfast when the sun is out.
Off road parking directly outside house.
Interaction with guests
I usually meet guests on arrival. I am happy to provide lots of info on the area so just ask!
I love company but also I am happy to be doing my own thing.. So you can have as much or as little of my company as you wish.
I do like to use the sitting room as my own space, however you are free to use the kitchen and sofa as a living area.
There will always be regular / speciality teas, and real coffee freely available at anytime.
I have a huge fridge so please feel free to bring your own food stuffs if you have specific food preferences.
Important to note that you should not rely on maps while traveling around Ireland.
Fantastic, access to local beaches and 'site seeing' on the North Coast and perfect gateway to head out to Derry in the west. Also excellent location if you are traveling in from the west as you do not enter the town.
Amenities close to the house are excellent with coffee shops, supermarket, cinema, gym and hotel being just a minutes drive away.
Alternatively walk out my front door to enjoy the path by the river that leads into town or use the river path to explore nearby woodland/ forest.
I would advise that you hire a car to explore the areas full potential.
The town has a railway station with trains to Derry or Belfast, daily. My house is 5 min drive from the station.
A bus called the Causeway Rambler provides a continual service throughout the day to all the tourist spots along the coast from April until Sept.
There is some public transport along the north coast but it is advisable to hire a car.
Mussenden Temple 10 mins away
Giants Causeway 20 mins
Portrush 15 mins
1 hour by motorway to Belfast
and 35 mins to Derry.
Its worth noting that the train journey from Coleraine to Derry City hosts amazing views with the train traveling close to the waters edge and with views of Donegal in the distance.
Other things to note
Lets talk the details...
Breakfast provisions are included. A simple selection of cereal, delicious breads, jams, breakfast juice and fruit. Fresh Lavazza coffee and speciality teas. If you have a favorite cereal or breakfast item then bring it with you.
Towels are provided, of course they are!
Toiletries and an amazing super fast hairdryer.
Uhmm hot water bottles for you to snuggle up to.
If you would like to cook you will have excess to all of my kitchen contents.. herbs, oils,pots pans etc. Please inform be before hand that you would like to make use of the kitchen so that we can establish a suitable time.
I have a gas cooker, oven and extra large fridge to store anything that you might like to chill.
I have a washing machine which you can use for a fee of £5 per wash.
A local gym is 2 min drive away with sauna and steam room.
Smoke alarm and C.M. detector are in use on the premises.
1. If you are a fellow Airbnb host and would like to stay at my home then please make a booking through the request system and NOT through
2. By booking with me you have understood the concept of Airbnb, in that each home is different and that you have read and are familiar with the details of my listing.
3. To ensure that I am here to welcome you into my home it is ESSENTIAL that you provide your approximate arrival time no later than the day before your booking. I am flexible and can accommodate late night time arrivals as long as the time as been established in advance.
4. After each use the bathroom and kitchen should be left in the manner in which they were found. Clean, dry and tidy.
5. Guests will have free WiFi and by booking you agree not to use this for any illegal activity or downloads.
6. No extra persons.
7. No smoking inside my home but you may smoke outside in the back patio.
8. Except for cup of tea and a biscuit, no food to be consumed or stored in the bedroom. I have a huge fridge and a spacious kitchen which I am happy to share.
9. My kitchen is available for your use to prepare simple meals and to relax in. Please inform me before your stay that you would like to use my kitchen for cooking, so that we can discuss a suitable times.
Come join me in my home. I am a professional artist with original paintings throughout my house.
If you would like information on the area I can give advice on destinations, places to see and which are the best restaurants around.
I am always happy to interact as much or as little as you wish.
Its not always small talk in this house, many conversations are driven by much humour or diversity in their nature.
I love Earl Grey & Lady Grey Tea.. a real coffee or a good glass of red when it reaches 'that' point in the day!